Going Rate For Tipping

JAW7373

Earning My Ears
WHAT IS THE GOING RATE FOR TIPPING YOUR HOUSEKEEPER?
(WILL STAY AT HRH)

ANY IDEA WILL HELP!! ANY TRICKS OF THE TRADE FOR EXTRA
SPECIAL SERVICES?

THANK YOU

The "tip" I got from the Disney tips board has always worked for me. The formula I use is $1 for each person in the room each day.

If you have 4 persons in your room, tip $4.00, 3 $3.00, etc...

I sometimes give the housekeeper more at the end of the stay, especially if she's been good.

Barry i have seen you eat a burger at MYTHOS. $5 is not overtipping :D

Barry i have seen you eat a burger at MYTHOS. $5 is not overtipping

LOL! Barry...you leave $5 per DAY??? For you? What the heck kind of mess DO you make in your room! LOL

I usually do most of their work for them, it wouldn't do to have anyone see my room a mess! :rolleyes:

I like leaving a couple of bucks per day, I feel like the odds of them going that extra mile seem to improve...and if they do a lousy job, I have no problem cutting it off...I don't believe they are paid as a "tipped" employee normally is...Disney doesn't list them on their list of "who to tip" so they get more than say a server or valet, I'm guessing... :confused:

Karen

OK....I KNOW THIS SOUNDS SILLY....BUT WHERE DO YOU LEAVE
THE MONEY? IS THERE AN ENVELOPE? DO YOU LEAVE A NOTE?
WHAT'S THE DEAL?

JAW

I usually leave a note that says "housekeeping" in a prominent place.

When we stay at PBH I usually leave $5/day for our family of 4. But we're really neat too. I make the kids hang up their towels, lol.

I JUST LOVE THIS BOARD!!! MY TRIP WOULD BE VERY HECTIC
WITHOUT ALL OF YOU!!!

THANK YOU

I never thought about that before, and simply regret it.
So you leave about $1.00 per person, at the end of your vacation, in a well noticed place, but what if on that day there's another person who did not clean your room during your stay? Seems to me that if you want a specific housekeeper you should leave it at the counter or so.

Wanda

Ouch! You all are making me think I really boo booed last year. Not being real sure what tipping is appropriate in hotels of this caliber and generally speaking it wasn't unusual on some days for me to leave as much as $20.

How do I file for refund?

Originally posted by thefoyboy
Ouch! You all are making me think I really boo booed last year. Not being real sure what tipping is appropriate in hotels of this caliber and generally speaking it wasn't unusual on some days for me to leave as much as $20.

How do I file for refund?

no reason to ask for a refund, i saw a bunch of them at MYTHOS one time having a great time and the word is they left a heck of a tip:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter