going to Universal for 11/30 to 12/3 question

emmabelle

Crazy cat lady who loves Disney
Hello,

We have a split stay coming up at the end of November. First two nights in WDW and then three nights in Universal. We've only been to Universal like 3 days over the past 15 years so I don't really have any experience with it. On our third day we will be moving to Universal and staying at Royal Pacific so we will have express passes. What I don't know is would be possible to do WDW in the morning and US or IOA in the afternoon or I need to make the whole day a Universal Day to get anything accomplished?

Thanks for any advice!

Because you are staying at a resort that provides unlimited Express Pass, I would say yes. Now that the major Potter attractions are part of Express Pass, what little planning was required for Universal is out the window. So, show up in the afternoon, check in, grab your tickets/express passes and enjoy a remarkably casual experience (it will be really noticeable coming directly from WDW).

I'm not even sure how the express pass works? You don't have set times? You just go to the ride and there's a shorter line you wait in?

I'm not even sure how the express pass works? You don't have set times? You just go to the ride and there's a shorter line you wait in?

There are no set times. Yes, you just get in the separate line for Express Pass holders. You will just need to show your Royal Pacific room key at some point in the line (it is your EP), which is why you will see many people with lanyards.

FYI Your room key is not your express pass, you print out your express pass via kiosk in the hotel lobby

For now, your room key IS your EP.

No photo machine will work for now. TM's are scanning room keys at all rides.

You will have plenty of time to do the morning at Disney and then go to Universal. There are signs above the express pass entrances at the rides so you know what line to get in. We just went at the beginning of the month and it was your hotel key but you will get one for each person to carry. Express pass has completely spoiled us!

we actually have Friday and Saturday of the vacation as full days in Universal. Just didn't know if it would be worth it to go on Thursday in just the afternoon too.

we actually have Friday and Saturday of the vacation as full days in Universal. Just didn't know if it would be worth it to go on Thursday in just the afternoon too.

I don't know if this will work for you in late November, but we had a late arrival day at RPR earlier this year, so we checked-in, put on our swim suits, went to IoA and rode just the water rides (you get soaked), then went back to the resort and hung out at the pool for the rest of the evening!

That would be fun JaxDad!

We went on Jurassic Park years ago and I remember getting drenched on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter