Going With 81yo Mom!!! Any hints, help?

Sorry again, but I just saw that you're going in the beginning of December. We're doing that again too. I know it's pricey but you might want to consider the Candlelight Processional Dinner Package. It was wonderful I thought, and I think she would really enjoy it. With the package, you get reserved seating, although you still have to get there about 30 to 45 minutes early for a good seat as the reserved seating line gets long to.

Also, might want to consider MVMCP. We had no lines and there's also some nice shows. It IS a hard ticket event though.

The Osborne Lights will be there this year, which I've never seen, so I'm excited about that. Also, it's worth just going over and seeing the decorations in the Animal Kingdom Lodge and Wilderness Lodge. They're absolutely stunning. You can drop her off at the door and look at the Savanah behind Animal Kingdom Lodge, your little one might like that, a nice dinner at Artist Point or a fun dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe would be a good reason to check out Wilderness Lodge.

Eeyore2003, my 4yo likes any ride that he is tall enough and by December should be tall enough for Mission to Space and Space MT. I'm not a big Space Mt fan (it's so jerky), but Jake is excited about Mission since he keeps telling me he wants to go on a rocket ship. I'll look into the Candlelight Processional Dinner Package. I've never heard of that. I was thinking about the MVMCP. When I bring Jake in Oct we plan to go to the MNSSHP so that will give me a good idea if the Christmas party would be a good idea. I don't know if any of us would be able to stay awake that late. lol I forgot the Osborne Lights. I've never seen them, either, but will put them on our list.

Sweet maxine, I love Dole Whips! I don't know if I can get my sister to that stand, though. She got my son's stomach virus last Feb and was starting to feel a little sick before getting a Dole Whip. Well, later that afternoon she lost her cookies on the raft back from Tom Sawyer's Island. She sure knows how to clear a raft! I know she won't ever have the clam chowder at WDW again, even though it had nothing to do with her getting sick. Yuck!!!

T&B

Our family took our 80-something yo grandmother a few years ago. We also rented a wheelchair, she wasn't thrilled about the idea, but we did it anyway, she sat in it more than we thought she would. We rented the chair by the week, not at the park. We called our resort in advance and they gave us some names of medical rental people to call. They delivered the chair and picked it up from the resort. She walked a lot and then the wheelchair was used for carrying stuff or tired kids, but whenever she was tired and needed to rest, she always had a comfortable place to sit. She didn't want to ride many rides, but she saw all of the shows and much preferred her comfy seat to the backless benches in most shows. We also booked an illuminations cruise for her, she loved it! Our pace was a little slower that trip, and we skipped some of our favorite rides, but the memories we created sharing the World with her were priceless!

I think you should reconsider the Tea at GF. From what I've read, you don't have to be dressed up and its a nice, quiet break from the day. You could take the monorail over from MK one day. I plan on doing it with my Mom, M-in-law and 3 yr old son in May. There's a kid's plate with pb&j and chocolate milk. It sounds like a nice relaxing break.

Also, about paying for food...when we go, we're all going to put money into a pot, and pay from that instead of dividing up the bill or keeping track. You could do the same and tell your Mom her share is say $100 and you and your sister chip in more.

Good luck and have a great time!

~Linda

It's nice that so many people have gone with older family members and had such a good time. Seems that the common thread, which is obvious but important, is to keep the pace slow and don't worry about seeing it all. This is one reason that I didn't want my meet my mom there with my whole family. My kids vary in age so much thatwe'd all be running in different directions.

Dbond, I'll check out the weekly EVC and wheelchair rentals and have my sister mention it to her when she sees her soon. That way the seed can be planted in my mother's brain if done correctly and my mother may even end up thinking it's her idea. :teeth:

WDWLinda (I'm a Linda, too), I'll look into the GF Tea. It might be a good thing to do if we want a non-park day. I'm thinking that if we go to the MVMCP my mom might not want to burn a day of her hopper pass and we might look for some non-park things to do (the rest of us have APs).

T&B

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter