Gold Mobility Rental

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mom really wanted to do one of the “Disney” scooter places but since I am planning the trip, I ignored her and went with Gold. Saved a few hundred dollars and she is super excited about the fan. Hopefully our experience is as good as all yours (not going until September but I wanted to lock it in with craziness of Star Wars coming).
That sounds like a wise decision.

I returned yesterday from my most recent Disney World trip. When I was in the planning stages and realized I wouldn’t be able to walk much, if at all, during this trip, I began researching scooter rental companies, including here on the Dis Boards, and found Gold Mobility Scooters consistently received great reviews on multiple sources.

Nick was early for our meet time and arrived while I was checking in at the resort. When I talked with him a week before my vacation, I discussed using a 3-wheel versus a 4-wheel scooter. He brought both to the resort so I could try them out and select the one I liked best.

After using the scooter for a couple of days, I found the battery life decreased more quickly than I thought it should and I was charging the scooter 2 or 3 times a day in addition to overnight charging. I'd never used a scooter before, so I called Nick from my resort and explained that I thought I was having to charge the battery too often and wasn’t sure of the reason. He asked me a couple of questions about how I was using the scooter, and then told me he happened to be at my resort where he had just dropped off a scooter for another customer. He said he had some extras in his truck and if I wanted to come down and meet him, I could see if one of the other scooters would work better for me.

I tried out the larger Pride Victory 10 3-wheel and instantly felt a difference. He said the Victory was better equipped for full days of rolling around the parks with a larger battery capacity that lasts longer per charge than that of the Go-Go Sport. The Victory made the rest of my visit a breeze and I only charged it overnight as a matter of routine. The battery indicator never dropped below the maximum of 5 green lights.

The USB port on the tiller is a great bonus! When I found my phone had almost no power left while touring a park, I plugged it in and it charged it in no time, plus it didn’t seem to have an effect on the scooter’s battery life.

I could not be happier with my wonderful experience with Nick and Gold Mobility. Thanks to everyone here that recommended them.

I see lots of people have rented the scooters from this company and have had positive experiences. Has anyone rented a regular wheelchair from them? They have a one time rental charge that is much lower then the other company I looked into.

I see lots of people have rented the scooters from this company and have had positive experiences. Has anyone rented a regular wheelchair from them? They have a one time rental charge that is much lower then the other company I looked into.

I agree with cmwade77. Although I didn't rent a wheelchair, I see no reason why their service would be any different for a wheelchair rental than it is for ECV's.

Thanks to everyone for answering all my questions and concerns about changing scooter rental companies. I am excited to report that I made the right choice. We arrived early this morning on the Magical Express. As we arrived to the Polynesian the 4 mobility scooters, and two delivery people were standing by waiting to adjust them and show us how to use all the clever accessories they give you. Nick and Ron were both incredibly nice. The scooters are brand new just like everyone says here says. Its a night and day difference from the "list" company we have used for the past 10 years. I fell bad for having doubts in the first place. We settle in today and start our adventure tomorrow!

Don't feel bad for having doubts, it is unusual to find any company with such universal praise. Hope all goes well for you with four scooters, three was enough of a pain that I don't ever want to do that again if I can avoid it.

Don't feel bad for having doubts, it is unusual to find any company with such universal praise. Hope all goes well for you with four scooters, three was enough of a pain that I don't ever want to do that again if I can avoid it.
Thanks CMWADE77, Not bad so far they can fit two scooters in each monorail car, Disney makes it really easy to get on and off with a ramp. So far we went to Magic Kingdom yesterday and Epcot today with no transportation issues. We have to take a bus to get to Hollywood studios and Animal Kingdom the next two days. Will see how that goes. A 10 Hour day yesterday and not even one of the 4 scooters showed a discharge. Amazing battery life.

I rented from Gold Mobility based on all the great reviews here and I’m wondering about tipping. Is it expected/allowed to tip for ECV delivery and pick up?

Thanks for all the great info on these boards! They’ve answered pretty much every question I’ve had and made DH feel much better about using an ECV for the first time.

I rented from Gold Mobility based on all the great reviews here and I’m wondering about tipping. Is it expected/allowed to tip for ECV delivery and pick up?

Thanks for all the great info on these boards! They’ve answered pretty much every question I’ve had and made DH feel much better about using an ECV for the first time.
I offered to tip Nick but he refused.
I'll try again this year......:-)

So relieved to hear that! On my last trip, I didn't tip and afterwards I wondered if maybe I should have. Now I don't feel like such a cheapskate!

Our friends had left over snack credits and offered to get him and the person he was with snacks and/or drinks from the gift shop and they both refused that as well even though they could pick what they wanted. So I am going to say that they really don't take tips, but if anyone finds out differently, please let me know, if anyone deserves tips it would be them.

Thanks CMWADE77, Not bad so far they can fit two scooters in each monorail car, Disney makes it really easy to get on and off with a ramp. So far we went to Magic Kingdom yesterday and Epcot today with no transportation issues. We have to take a bus to get to Hollywood studios and Animal Kingdom the next two days. Will see how that goes. A 10 Hour day yesterday and not even one of the 4 scooters showed a discharge. Amazing battery life.
Any updates on how it is going?

Our friends had left over snack credits and offered to get him and the person he was with snacks and/or drinks from the gift shop and they both refused that as well even though they could pick what they wanted. So I am going to say that they really don't take tips, but if anyone finds out differently, please let me know, if anyone deserves tips it would be them.
I tipped him $20 when he picked up the scooter from my recent trip. He didn’t refuse. He asked if I was sure and I said yes please take it.

I’ll fill in my experience when I’ve recovered, but in short it was as excellent as everyone else’s.

My Mom called Gold Mobility and they did state they would drop off at the house we are renting in Windsor Palms. I will post an update after the trip is completed in May.

I think Nick was the one who dropped off and picked up my rental in August and I tipped him both times I think - in any case I remember tipping - probably $10 each time but I can't remember how much exactly.

I am guess Buena Vista is loosing business, I just saw an add on here for them and they are offering a free cup holder or rear basket with rental.

Of course with Gold Mobility, you automatically get the cup holder included, as well as a free accessory, so you get both plus more like fan, cell phone holder, etc. with Gold Mobility, but I have never seen Buena Vista offer anything like that before.

They answered all my questions very fast. They also gave me advice for which scooter to buy as my DW happens to be vertically challenged! I rented from them for a May stay. Thanks everyone for the great tips & advice.:worship:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter