Gold Mobility Rental

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why on earth not? What else was in the booklet besides operating instructions for the scooter? Enquiring Minds Want To Know! 🙃
I received one on my first trip before they stoped handing them out. Last trip they didn't have them. The delivery guy said they had pictures taken from inside the theme parks showing customers how to access the attractions and had maps created. I guess parks asked them not to use any images taken in the parks for commercial use.

Do they fit in a standard room at POP?

I'm so worried it wont fit. We are using both beds and got the victory 4, which looks large.

Does the dresser or the tall stand move if necessary to fit the scooter in?

We stayed in a standard room at POP in August. We had the victory 3 with the canopy. We fit using both beds. We just raised the bed before leaving in the morning and dropped it at night after the scooter was in place. It can be placed by the window, but my daughter used that as "her" space. We placed it between the coffee stand and dresser at an angle.

Do they fit in a standard room at POP?

I'm so worried it wont fit. We are using both beds and got the victory 4, which looks large.

Does the dresser or the tall stand move if necessary to fit the scooter in?

There are pictures for you in your primary post. Nothing needs to be moved

I might rent form Golden mobility.

Is their insurance you can add to the rental? I'm worried if it gets stolen or damaged I'd be liable?
They have damage insurance included and in the near future some models will have theft insurance included as well.

Can someone give me the short version of the possible policy change on scooter drop off at the resorts - I just want to know if Gold Mobility will be dropping off directly to the renter as they always have or does the change affect them?

Also - anyone have them deliver to the Swan/Dolphin and any issues with that?

Can someone give me the short version of the possible policy change on scooter drop off at the resorts - I just want to know if Gold Mobility will be dropping off directly to the renter as they always have or does the change affect them?

From everything I have seen on various sites, any drop off/pick up changes will only affect those companies that had been able to leave equipment with Bell Services.

Swan/Dolphin are on Disney property, but are not owned or managed by Disney. So, they are free to set their own policies.

as Gold Mobility has stated on their Facebook page, this makes no change to their policy since they always have met you in person.

Although I do imagine this will increase demand for Gold Mobility as so many other companies have set delivery windows (sometimes as long as a four hour window) instead of meeting you on your schedule like Gold Mobility does.

They delivered to the Swan for me last Thanksgiving Day. But, ironically, I never met them face-to-face even though that’s kind of their signature thing. We were not arriving until after 5pm and they wanted to make sure all their employees were off by at least 4pm for the holiday. I thought that was great of them to be looking out for employees. After a conversation where I assured them I was experienced with ECVs and perfectly comfortable having it left with bell services, that’s what was decided. I was impressed with their communication and desire to work with me.

as Gold Mobility has stated on their Facebook page, this makes no change to their policy since they always have met you in person.

Although I do imagine this will increase demand for Gold Mobility as so many other companies have set delivery windows (sometimes as long as a four hour window) instead of meeting you on your schedule like Gold Mobility does.
I called to verify this just now for our December trip and talked to Bob. He said they are going to continue to deliver to all the Disney resort hotels in person at their customers exact scheduled time. Just like they have for the last couple years. They have no plans to change to delivery windows as they feel its not acceptable to make people wait for their mobility scooters.

I’m getting ready to rent with Gold mobility for our upcoming trip. Is there any link, promo code, or other discount available?

If you lol on their website, their scooters are already reduced. They start at $149 per week. I ordered the one with the captains chair, with one free accessory (I got the canopy) it was $193 plus change (including tax). The model I had, also had a phone holder and a fan a ttached. (I called it my "Cadilac!!)

Hi everyone! I need to rent a scooter for my upcoming trip and I've settled on Gold Mobility because of the great reviews. I mostly want to rent so I don't hold my friends back. I was in a lot of pain back in August and couldn't move fast even with a cane (I have osteoarthritis in my right knee). I am going with 6 friends and my husband and don't want to have to slow down or sit down and have them wait for me.

I am stuck on which scooter to rent. One one hand, I like the size of the Go-Go Sport. I weigh under 200lbs, so I think the weight limit will be fine. We always go back to our room in the afternoon so I would also always plug in while there. I am worried about the comfort of the seat (not a captain's chair) and the "extras" that I might miss by not renting the Victory 10. What I like about the Victory 10 is the captain's chair, the fan and the sun canopy. I'm trying to figure out if those are worth the difference in price and driving a bigger scooter. The fan sounds nice, but I have lived without a fan at WDW until now so I'm not sure it's a deal-breaker. I also think that the sun canopy might be nice, but I am worried about feeling isolated from my friends with the canopy over my head all the time. I'm going next week and it's supposed to rain every day. Does the sun canopy also help with the rain?

ETA: I will be taking Disney transportation, so I son't need to break down the scooter.

Thoughts?

In under 200 lbs and I rented the Victory 10. I was so comfortable and did use the fan a lot. (We went in August and some days the "feels like" temperatures were above 100. The sun canopy did protect me from the rain. I never felt that I was isolated from anyone. My family walked in the side of me. We were able to carry on normal conversations.

The Victory 10 scooter turned 180 degres, so I didn't (cant ) sit at a table for dinner. With the seat at the table (and turned) you can adjust the actual seat forward. So comfortable. Honestly, I called it my "Cadillac". (I've rented scooters for the past eight years and this was very comfortable).

I personally never thought about renting the cheaper scooter. The captain's chair declined a little and my back never hurt from always being in an "uncomfortable" position. The difference in price I believe breaks down to less than $5 a day - less than a beverage in Disney!!!

I’ve rented the Victory and the Go Go in the past. When I rented the Victory it was in Nov so it wasn’t too hot. I didn’t use the fan much but it’s a cool feature to have and I got the canopy but hated it. I didn’t like not being able to see all around me and I did feel isolated. It also was kind of wide and I kept bumping it trying to reverse out of the room. It’s easy enough to take off though. Nick said some people love it and others hate it. I got the Go Go for a May trip. Might have been nice to have the fan and the shade bc it was much hotter. I got the rear basket and that was great for carrying stuff. The go go is smaller and easier to park. The seat is lower so it’s easier to see behind you. It wasn’t uncomfortable at all. The battery never ran out on me and we were in the parks all day. One time I even forgot to charge it overnight. I do usually park it and walk some in the park so it might be different for someone in it the whole time. And I only take it on lines with very long queues. The Victory is more comfortable, the extras are nice, it’s a smoother ride overall and feels more sturdy. I don’t love the captains chair but I can easily hang a tote bag on the back for extra storage and the seat folds forward so it keeps the part where you sit from getting too hot or wet. I don’t think you can go wrong either way.

I've had my little Go-Go Traveller Elite for 2 weeks now, and actually used it round town and in the supermarket last Saturday. The batteries aren't new and we have no idea how 'worn down' they are, but while bumpy sidewalks and slight slopes made the charge lights drop one or two, the smooth surface in the supermarket was fine. Comfort-wise the seat was okay for me, too, but obviously not a captain's seat.

That said, I do feel that steeper slopes and long inclines (such as they have at Disney) will be no good for a tiny scooter - unless you are nice and slim, of course. So, on that basis I am going to go ahead of book my usual scooter (which is the Victory 10) as, while it is overkill in the weight limit, at least I know that I can sit in it all day and during shows and things, stay in it on the buses, and carry things in the backpack and in the front basket without worrying about putting strain on the batteries.

Also, as it is now October and we are 135 days away from our flight over, I think it's probably time to get on and book!

and I got the canopy but hated it. I didn’t like not being able to see all around me and I did feel isolated. It also was kind of wide and I kept bumping it trying to reverse out of the room. It’s easy enough to take off though. Nick said some people love it and others hate it.
Yeah, I can tell without ever using one that I would hate it, and would request it not even be included (I break things way too easily :)).

Welp, since I waited for the last minute I didn't have a choice so I got the Victory. I asked for a canopy so we'll see how that goes my first few days with just my DH and me. Once we meet up with friends, I'll reassess how I feel about it.

One more question, do you tip the delivery/pick-up person?

Tipping for any service is always appropriate. The amount of tip is at your descretion. I did tip, but both times I was running late. Steve was waiting for me over 15 minutes till I arrived. Then he patiently waited for me to use the chairlift off Magical Express and still took the time to show me the ins and outs of adjusting the scooter.

Returning the scooter, they were waiting again for me, offered assistance in helping me get out of scooter (bad knees). At neither time were they either hurried or was I made to feel "bad", although I was apologtic.

When they drop off scooter, ask them to show you how to remove the canopy. It is simple and they will take the time. Then if you find your not happy with it, you can remove it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter