Gold Mobility Rental

Status
Not open for further replies.
Robinb-
I have not rented from this company before but I have rented the victory model, and I have used a go go. Unless you are pretty small and light I think the Victory is more comfortable. I consider the Go-Go like a mini, the Victory as a regular, and the Disney park as the large. The Victory turns much better then those rented in the parks. The Go-Go turns in an even a smaller area and will be even easier to maneuver on the bus.

The 3 wheel Victory turns better than the 4 wheel one and that sounds like it would be a better choice for you if you decide on a Victory. The 4 wheel model is a little more stable. One thing I like about the 4 wheel Victory is that if you have long legs that you like to stretch out when stopped, I find the 4 wheel fender design allows you to do this more comfortably. I would definitely pick the 4 wheel one for anyone over 200 lbs or who is tall.

As far as the canopy, I have not used theirs, but the one I rented elsewhere, and my own shade on my scooter are both much the same. I would say that it is a love / hate relationship. I think the canopy helps some with the sun, however the trade off is not great. I find it much more difficult to maneuver on the buses using the shade. You can not look up and see the face of the person next to you and this makes conversations more difficult and make you feel isolated. Also, be very careful if you drive into a shop. The canopy height is just at the point that if you turn a corner too close to a shelf, you and the scooter will go by fine, but the canopy can catch ( and clear!) the edge of the shelf along with the item on it! ( I came very close but my hubby caught me in time.) It also makes pushing or driving it out of the room a little more difficult if you do it alone. Keep in mind also that the sun is not always directly overhead and a lot is stil reflected back to you even with using the shade, so don’t expect complete shade. FYI- I use my shade canopy on my scooter in cooler months to help keep me a little more dry in a sudden rain.

One thing is that if you think you want to try the shade, they tell me it is easy to take off and just leave in your room the next day if you did not like it. I love the idea of a charger and a cup holder, and I think the fan would be helpful in warmer weather. Hope his helps.

Last edited:
I just called Gold about renting a scooter and they said they can actually drop it off at the Dolphin (and I guess the Swan too) with the Bell services. I didn't know that so FYI. He said I had to go online to make the reservation since they don't see me to fill out the paperwork and so on.

As for the shade canopy - I thought I saw people who have the Gold one and it was more like an unopened umbrella when it is closed - and like an umbrella open - for lack of a better description or photo. It wasn't the boxy kind that encloses people - and it seemed way less intrusive. I don't know how much it sticks off the back though.

Gold Mobility's sun canopy is not boxy but rather, think of it as a "roof" with a slight angle (pitch) on top to prevent rain from sitting on it. It doesn't stick out more than about two inches. If you get it as your free accessory, it is easy to remove.

Gold Mobility's sun canopy is not boxy but rather, think of it as a "roof" with a slight angle (pitch) on top to prevent rain from sitting on it. It doesn't stick out more than about two inches. If you get it as your free accessory, it is easy to remove.
We like the Gold Mobility's canopy also. We can see all the way around, and its easier to back up with it than the boxed-in type ones we've used in the past.

Oh, I was just going by the grapic on their page, which looked like a big square canopy. I wish there was an actual photo of one. Interesting.

Oh, I was just going by the grapic on their page, which looked like a big square canopy. I wish there was an actual photo of one. Interesting.
this photo is from their Facebook page. Their a Facebook page has several photos if you look thru all their photo. Some have a little differently shaped frame, but in genera, it’s one post with a frame above. A7368036-9E29-4717-AD7F-B34D30930C30.jpeg
you could suggest that a picture would be helpful on their website.

I saw this Gold Mobility photo with Google.

3_with_Canopy_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Their mobility scooter canopy looks very similar to a TopMobility Scooter Store below.

https://www.topmobility.com/scooter-weather-protection-canopy.htm

Scooter Weather Protection Canopy
Model: J-620 |
Challenger Accessories

List Price:$349.00
Save:69%
Our Price:$107.00
Finance for as low as
$4.94 / month
tooltip-icon.png

GET YOUR RATE
Open Box. Blue color only.

AVAILABILITY : OUT OF STOCK

scooter_sunshade_canopy_challenger_mobility_14_1.jpg
scooter_sunshade_canopy_challenger_mobility_9_1.jpg
sunshade_6.jpg
scooter_sunshade_canopy_challenger_mobility_7_1.jpg
sunshade_5_2.jpg

scooter_sunshade_canopy_challenger_mobility_6_1.jpg
sunshade_2_2.jpg
scooter_sunshade_canopy_challenger_mobility_4_1.jpg
scooter_sunshade_canopy_challenger_mobility_24_1.jpg

sunshade_canopy_challenger_mobility_3_2.jpg

Not Just For The Sun

Challenger Mobility's Scooter Folding Sunshade Canopy allows you to stay shaded on those hot, sunny days. But that’s not all it does! The canopy’s water-resistant fabric protects you from the rain and does not leak when wet. The Sunshade Canopy is height-adjustable, simple to install, and easy to disassemble. Now you don’t have to worry about harsh sunburn or shading your eyes while riding outdoors!

Stay Cool

The open modular design of Challenger’s Sunshade Canopy offers better visibility and increases ventilation to keep the rider cool in the summer. It also reduces the risk of heat exhaustion. Its bright canopy connects to the frame with Velcro fasteners, and the frame is secured using the universal accessory holder on the back of your scooter.

Whether you’re going to a ballgame or the farmers market, this stylish canopy will keep you shaded during all your outdoor adventures.

It's Bluetiful

Now available in a beautiful BLUE!

Features:

• It connects easily to the scooter seat back bracket: 1"x1" opening
  • High-quality construction that secures in place
  • Compatible with the most scooter brands like Pride Mobility, Golden Technologies, Merits & Drive Medical.
  • Water-resistant Canopy
  • User-friendly collapsible design
  • Lightweight metal frame
  • Velcro straps attach the canopy to hardware
  • Adjustable in height and easily removable
  • Connecting hardware is included
  • Available in 2 vibrant colors - red and blue

I have bought other products from TopMobility and from Challenger Products when I used my mobility scooter and now that I use my Fold and Go Heavy-Duty Wheelchair.

I would imagine that Gold Mobility bought directly from the maker of Challenger Products in very large quantities.

I think that everything Gold Mobility offers is top-notch even though I don't have to rent from them.

But if I did...I would.

I've been coming up to Disney World and renting the park ECV for $350 a week. Last trip I starting asking people if they where happy with the company they used. The people renting the Gold Mobility ECV's were hands down the most pleased. What a difference using Gold Mobility. It was less than half the price and the ECV, was night and day better, and much easier to drive....faster too! I'll never rent an in park ECV ever again. I'll be back in December and made my reservation.

I read on Facebook that Gold Mobility has added another scooter.

Gold Mobility Scooters LLC
4 hrs ·
NEW PORTABLE MOBILITY RENTAL SCOOTER OPTION NOW AVAILABLE FOR RESERVATION FROM GOLD MOBILITY SCOOTERS! ORLANDO FLORIDA & THEME PARK VISITORS.
A MUST READ!
Gold Mobility Scooters added this portable version Pride GOGO Sport 3 wheel mobility scooter to directly compete with other scooter rental companies offering the same exact model, and for customers that are not interested in the Highly upgraded GOGO sports models, we also offer. The Pride GOGO SPORT 3 wheel is the most rented portable scooter for theme park rental. This unit is an exact comparison to almost other rental company's renting portable model scooters. The Pride GOGO Sport offers the highest capacity of a portable mobility scooter with a 325 LB weight capacity, and a top speed of 4.5 MPH. We do supply this standard version with the extended range battery pack. The typical battery range will depend on the weight of the rider and driving habits. Most customers enjoy a range of 5-9 hours on a single charge (or 8-13 miles) with the extended range battery we provide. Every rental also comes with the upgraded 3.5 AMP battery charger to recharge the batteries in a fraction of the standard charge time. The Pride GOGO Sport 3 wheel will disassemble into 5 separate pieces and easy transport in a car trunk, minivan, passenger van, or SUV. Most UBER and LYFT can also accommodate this size scooter. The one-hand feather-touch disassembly allows for quick and easy. The Pride GOGO 3 wheel mobility scooter is approved for use in all of the theme park transportation systems, elevators, buses, ferry boats, and on the monorail system. With this portable version scooter, we will also include an additional accessory for free like an additional rear basket, cane holder, walker holder. Easily fits in resort and hotel rooms to secure and charge overnight storage. If you want to leave the Pride GOGO Sport in your car overnight you can simply bring the battery itself in overnight for charging.
- Brand new 2019-2020 rental inventory
- 325 LBS of maximum weight capacity
- Top Speed up to 4.5 MPH
- Delta tiller with wrap around handles
- Bright LED headlight
- Deluxe low back foldable seat
- 3.5 AMP battery quick charger
- Fits on all theme park transportation systems
- Extended range battery pack
- Disassembles into 5 pieces for easy transport
- Weight of the heaviest piece dissembled is 36 LBS
- Approved for use in all Theme parks
- Free additional accessory included (rear basket, cane holder, walker holder)
- Damage waiver insurance policy included
- Free exact time delivery and pickup to all theme park owned resorts
- Free bell desk delivery and pickup to all non-theme park owned hotels, resorts, and timeshares.
- Store pickup is also available
Flat Rate Prices
1-3 Days $ 79.99
4 Days $ 99.99
5 Days $ 109.99
6 Days $ 119.99
7 Days $ 129.99
10.00 for each additional day after 7 days
PRE-BOOKING AVAILABLE TODAY - NEW MODELS AVAILABLE STARTING DECEMBER 1 2019.

72756056_961623277539353_4018622206752849920_n.png
75513369_961623257539355_6916639904986300416_n.png
74211400_961623234206024_178961992915091456_n.jpg
75237524_961623217539359_5006646301819928576_n.jpg

Pride Go-Go Sport 3-Wheel Mobility Scooter - THEME PARK APPROVED
Regular price$199.99 $149.99
ALL-INCLUSIVE FLAT-RATE PRICE UP TO 7 FULL DAYS INCLUDING DELIVERY & PICKUP, AND FREE DAMAGE WAIVER! Sale

OVERVIEW OF THE GO-GO SPORT 3-WHEEL PORTABLE MOBILITY SCOOTER RENTAL
ALL THEME PARK APPROVED SCOOTER RENTAL
If you are seeking to rent a sturdy scooter that's light enough for easy transport, but heavy-duty enough to hold a maximum of 325 lbs. look no further. The Go-Go Sport is at the very top of the Pride's travel lineup of mobility scooters. It combines take-apart convenience with the longer frame and roomier feel that so many riders are looking for. Gold Mobility includes powerful 18 AH batteries for up to a 12 miles range and a maximum 325 lbs. weight capacity. Top speed of the Sport is 4.70 mph. Easy Feather-Touch disassembly lets you transport your scooter in 5 easy pieces - the heaviest piece of which is weighs only 35.8 lbs. and the components will fit in the back of most cars. The longest of Pride’s travel scooter line-up, the Go-Go Sport is sturdy and stable enough for outdoor riding. The overall length of the Go-Go Sport 4-wheel is 43”, and the turning radius is 43”.The flat-free tires are 3” wide for increased traction and safety. CERTIFIED APPROVED FOR USE IN ALL CENTRAL FLORIDA THEME PARKS
Why We Like
( QUICK AND EASY BREAKDOWN FOR TRUNK TRANSPORT )

IMG_4629_1024x1024@2x.JPG
IMG_3227_1024x1024@2x.JPG
IMG_9614_1024x1024@2x.JPG

Last edited:
And it would seem that starting in the middle of next year, Gold is gonna start offering AIRPORT PICKUP/DROPOFF that INCLUDES A GROCERY STORE STOP!

I don’t know what transportation company they’re gonna use or what grocery store they’ll stop at, but I do know that they will be using a company whose vehicles can accommodate 2 mobility devices (If you and someone else in your party is renting more than 1 scooter, if you’re renting a scooter and somebody you’re traveling with is bringing their own personal mobility device, etc.).

EDIT: They just informed me that they’re gonna be located near the baggage claim area. Thanks for the late Facebook response, Gold. 😉

And it would seem that starting in the middle of next year, Gold is gonna start offering AIRPORT PICKUP/DROPOFF that INCLUDES A GROCERY STORE STOP!

I don’t know what transportation company they’re gonna use or what grocery store they’ll stop at, but I do know that they will be using a company whose vehicles can accommodate 2 mobility devices (If you and someone else in your party is renting more than 1 scooter, if you’re renting a scooter and somebody you’re traveling with is bringing their own personal mobility device, etc.).

EDIT: They just informed me that they’re gonna be located near the baggage claim area. Thanks for the late Facebook response, Gold. 😉
I drive up, but I can see where that would be great for people flying in.

Just back from another magical adventure at DW. Once again Gold Mobility was at the top of their game. We both received brand new scooters once again. One Maxima and one Victory 10. Steven our delivery person was standing just outside the magical express waiting for us as we arrived. Another totally seamless trip from delivery to pickup. The communication was excellent. We really pushed the batteries to the limit this time. It was 12 hours when we returned to the hotel two separate night we still had plenty of power left. The attention to detail on the rental scooters with all the extra free options and the level of service we receive is way beyond normal expectations. We wouldn't use any other company!

I was quite intrigued when I saw that. We typically arrive late and get the ECV the next morning. But definitely interested in this. We usually do Magical Express and then use Instacart, but if I could get the scooter in the airport and then do a grocery delivery with it ---- very intriguing idea!

Just another thumbs up review for GMS. We were there last week at the Dolphin resort and rented from Gold and all went well - they can drop off at the Dolphin with the bell service. My scooter seemed brand new and the charge lasted all day - over 12 hours some days. I had someone renting from another company stop and take a pic of the headrest that had the phone number on it. They were very impressed with the features including a nicer seat and newer scooter - plus I paid less than they did by about $30. I'm seeing more and more GMS scooters in the parks!

Just another thumbs up review for GMS. We were there last week at the Dolphin resort and rented from Gold and all went well - they can drop off at the Dolphin with the bell service. My scooter seemed brand new and the charge lasted all day - over 12 hours some days. I had someone renting from another company stop and take a pic of the headrest that had the phone number on it. They were very impressed with the features including a nicer seat and newer scooter - plus I paid less than they did by about $30. I'm seeing more and more GMS scooters in the parks!
I was also stopped constantly during my trip with people taking pictures of the headrest, and asking about my rental. The Gold mobility scooters are so much nicer than all the other rentals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter