Gold Mobility Rental

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you use the bus transportation to the parks? I am wondering how the sun canopy goes on the bus.
Both ECV's went right on the bus transportation very easy no need to remove the sun canopy. Both ECV's fit in the same monorail car at the same time. They left sun canopy's attached to the ECV the entire time. She purchased one of the models they rented so on the way home it also went on the Magical Express no problem. It was the perfect size to fit in all the spaces. She kept it with her until the minute she boarded the plane. Southwest took the canopy off she noticed to stow it under the airplane, but put it back on before she was off the plane. She could watch them load the ECV from her seat, and she said they were very careful.
.momscootermagicalexpress.JPG

This is all such great information. I think we will try them for my Mom next month. One question --- we arrive in the evening, so I always reserve the ECV starting the next AM since we will not go to a park or anywhere arrival night. Will we just set up a time for it to come to BWV? I see most people saying that they are getting right at check in and will be based on when their flights land. Just trying to figure out how it will work for someone who is arriving night before.

This is all such great information. I think we will try them for my Mom next month. One question --- we arrive in the evening, so I always reserve the ECV starting the next AM since we will not go to a park or anywhere arrival night. Will we just set up a time for it to come to BWV? I see most people saying that they are getting right at check in and will be based on when their flights land. Just trying to figure out how it will work for someone who is arriving night before.

I usually do that to save money on a full day, but Gold Mobility's rates are structured a little different from most. They have one fee for up to 7 days. I'm staying 6 days, so the rate's the same whether I rented for 5 or 6 days. Because of that, I chose to have them meet me the day I arrive rather than the next morning, even though on the day I arrive, I'll only have a few hours to use it.

They will work with your schedule. I only needed it for 6 days but it still was cheaper than anywhere else. Call them, the will work with you!

I'm arriving Sunday night - late - so I set them to meet me at 10am Monday morning because I don't want to be anywhere early the next morning anyway. I'm not sure how late they are willing to drop off an ECV but they would have needed to come around 10pm for me to get it Sunday night. My stay is slightly over 7 days so they are pro-rating the extra days btw - I didn't have to pay for a full second week.

Have officially booked with Gold Mobility for next month for my Mom. I am glad for all the recent updates which made the decision easier!

Fueled by my parents great experience with Gold Mobility Scooters my aunt ended up just booking a scooter rental for her holiday trip for the last week of December with Gold Mobility. She goes every year, and rents a scooter. She said the Gold's price was a lot less than she is use to paying. She's had mixed experiences in the past with various other scooter rental places and is excited to try them.

I just got back from a 9 day trip and rented a scooter from Gold Mobility and it was fantastic! I got a brand new scooter (was told they just got a bunch of new ones in). The battery level never showed anything but full - even on the day when I forgot to charge it the night before. Drop off and pick up was right one time as scheduled. The guys who came were exceptionally nice - and the price was much better than Buena Vista. For the first time I saw a good number of people with their scooter around the parks so they are definitely getting business. 10/10 exceptional. The only issue I can think of is for a short rental (like 3 day trip) their minimum is 7 days I think...but their rates are so good that they still cost less than other companies for some stays shorter than 7 days so I'd definitely encourage anyone to compare prices. Don't hesitate to book with them - really glad I did!

I just got back from a 9 day trip and rented a scooter from Gold Mobility and it was fantastic! I got a brand new scooter (was told they just got a bunch of new ones in). The battery level never showed anything but full - even on the day when I forgot to charge it the night before. Drop off and pick up was right one time as scheduled. The guys who came were exceptionally nice - and the price was much better than Buena Vista. For the first time I saw a good number of people with their scooter around the parks so they are definitely getting business. 10/10 exceptional. The only issue I can think of is for a short rental (like 3 day trip) their minimum is 7 days I think...but their rates are so good that they still cost less than other companies for some stays shorter than 7 days so I'd definitely encourage anyone to compare prices. Don't hesitate to book with them - really glad I did!

Glad to hear about your good experience!

Question: Did you rent the Victory 10 - 3 wheel with the captain's seat? If so, is this seat and ECV really large? I'm used to renting the smallest 3 wheel Pride model from other companies, but the Victory 10 has all the bells and whistles so I reserved it for my Oct trip.

I'm so excited to hear everyone's great reviews. I reserved them for my upcoming trip (In 2 weeks-Yay!). I envy how people know what they reserved-Victory vs. Pride. I have no idea what I've got. All I know is that it's a 3 wheel Go-go (and that I had to look up after I read here). I just told them my size, and got one. Now I can't wait!

I'm so excited to hear everyone's great reviews. I reserved them for my upcoming trip (In 2 weeks-Yay!). I envy how people know what they reserved-Victory vs. Pride. I have no idea what I've got. All I know is that it's a 3 wheel Go-go (and that I had to look up after I read here). I just told them my size, and got one. Now I can't wait!

They didn't even ask my size, but I'm a small person. They said the Victory 10 has all the accessories such as a bottle holder, fan, etc. The small 3 wheel scooters (Pride) have smaller, lower seats (not captain seats) and are lighter weight. Many can be disassembled. They're the ones I've always had with Buena Vista. I guess it just depends on whom you speak to when you reserve, as well. There is a price difference between the two, but not a lot. I think the Victory 10 also has a longer battery life.

Glad to hear about your good experience!

Question: Did you rent the Victory 10 - 3 wheel with the captain's seat? If so, is this seat and ECV really large? I'm used to renting the smallest 3 wheel Pride model from other companies, but the Victory 10 has all the bells and whistles so I reserved it for my Oct trip.

I think this is the one I had - I think of it as the "standard" scooter size. It was a 3 wheel. I asked them about the size of it when I reserved it and it corresponded to the one I had been renting from Buena Vista Scooters. I don't know what they're all called but to me there are 3 sizes:
  1. portable scooter - that breaks down into pieces and you can put it in the car - I've rented this one from Buena Vista
  2. regular size - bigger than the portable one but not huge - Buena Vista Standard size - I think this is a Victory 10
  3. bigger size - Maxima on the Buena Vista site
The "regular size" was what I was used to and expected when it arrived from Gold Mobility - and the seat is much nicer but didn't make the scooter seem larger. The high back with head rest is nice. I'm fairly sure that if you are unhappy with the size they will let you go down to the portable, smaller one.

A man who had rented the smaller one from GM stopped and asked me about the one I rented. He wanted the portability but really liked the features of the one I had. The smaller one looked like the same portable one I'd rented from BVS. I think you will like the regular size scooter!

I think this is the one I had - I think of it as the "standard" scooter size. It was a 3 wheel. I asked them about the size of it when I reserved it and it corresponded to the one I had been renting from Buena Vista Scooters. I don't know what they're all called but to me there are 3 sizes:
  1. portable scooter - that breaks down into pieces and you can put it in the car - I've rented this one from Buena Vista
  2. regular size - bigger than the portable one but not huge - Buena Vista Standard size - I think this is a Victory 10
  3. bigger size - Maxima on the Buena Vista site
The "regular size" was what I was used to and expected when it arrived from Gold Mobility - and the seat is much nicer but didn't make the scooter seem larger. The high back with head rest is nice. I'm fairly sure that if you are unhappy with the size they will let you go down to the portable, smaller one.

A man who had rented the smaller one from GM stopped and asked me about the one I rented. He wanted the portability but really liked the features of the one I had. The smaller one looked like the same portable one I'd rented from BVS. I think you will like the regular size scooter!

Thanks so much for your description. Actually, I think the base of the Victory is probably the same as the smaller one and the difference is the seat they apply to it. I'm so glad there is this new provider and that their service is so good! Thanks again!

Thanks so much for your description. Actually, I think the base of the Victory is probably the same as the smaller one and the difference is the seat they apply to it. I'm so glad there is this new provider and that their service is so good! Thanks again!

If you have to transport the scooter in your car, break it down & put it in your vehicle, you want one of the smaller scooters. If not, then the scooters with the captain chair & all the gadgets works! Tell the guys at GMS exactly what you need the scooter to do & how you are traveling, they will hook you up with exactly what you need. They have wonderful customer service!

Just small follow up on the scooter purchase from Gold Mobility. As I mentioned in a previous post my parents decided to purchase one of the scooters they rented from GMS. When they returned home they purchased an attachment to connect it to their SUV to transport it around, and use it more often. On a shopping trip mom accidentally drove the scooter into a display, and damaged the headrest part of the seat. She called and explained what happened to Bob at GMS in an effort to purchase a replacement headrest. It was my mom's fault for not paying attention. Bob said they would get the information, and get back to her in a couple days. Two days later a new headrest part shows up in priority mail, with a note that said "Let us know if you need anything else. Compliments of Gold Mobility Scooters". This is a great company, and wonderful and caring staff.

Just small follow up on the scooter purchase from Gold Mobility. As I mentioned in a previous post my parents decided to purchase one of the scooters they rented from GMS. When they returned home they purchased an attachment to connect it to their SUV to transport it around, and use it more often. On a shopping trip mom accidentally drove the scooter into a display, and damaged the headrest part of the seat. She called and explained what happened to Bob at GMS in an effort to purchase a replacement headrest. It was my mom's fault for not paying attention. Bob said they would get the information, and get back to her in a couple days. Two days later a new headrest part shows up in priority mail, with a note that said "Let us know if you need anything else. Compliments of Gold Mobility Scooters". This is a great company, and wonderful and caring staff.
Oh wow....that's amazing and just another reason why I'm glad I'm using them in October.

That kind of customer service is (sadly) all too rare these days. Kudos to Gold Mobility for being so awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!