Gold Mobility Rental

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just another thumbs up review for GMS. We were there last week at the Dolphin resort and rented from Gold and all went well - they can drop off at the Dolphin with the bell service. My scooter seemed brand new and the charge lasted all day - over 12 hours some days. I had someone renting from another company stop and take a pic of the headrest that had the phone number on it. They were very impressed with the features including a nicer seat and newer scooter - plus I paid less than they did by about $30. I'm seeing more and more GMS scooters in the parks!
Our last day at Magic kingdom my husband counted 23 other people on GMS rental scooters. Everyone of them looked brand new. The few people that paused to talked to us were all singing their praises.

I was debating about adding the rear basket to carry my jacket for my December rental with Gold mobility scooters since it's free. Does any one have any experience using the rear basket? Would it better to get the cane holder and put my coat in the front basket? I have a folding cane that I could fit in the cane holder.

I was debating about adding the rear basket to carry my jacket for my December rental with Gold mobility scooters since it's free. Does any one have any experience using the rear basket? Would it better to get the cane holder and put my coat in the front basket? I have a folding cane that I could fit in the cane holder.

Hi, justinwatson. I tried a rear wired basket on my old mobility scooter and it kept getting in the way when parking on the WDW bus or in a resort elevator because it extended the length of my mobility scooter and making it tighter squeeze in tight places.

I started folding my winter jacket and putting it under my mobility scooter seat and wrapped a bungee cord around the jacket and the metal round seat post to keep it from falling off.

The rear basket made it difficult on the buses. We had to remove it, in order to fit the scooter in its designated space.

Same with me and I just left it off and put my jacket or smaller backpack under my mobility scooter seat as stated above. I also used a bungee cord on the rear of the seat's armrest metal bars to hold things.

Hi, justinwatson. I tried a rear wired basket on my old mobility scooter and it kept getting in the way when parking on the WDW bus or in a resort elevator because it extended the length of my mobility scooter and making it tighter squeeze in tight places.

I started folding my winter jacket and putting it under my mobility scooter seat and wrapped a bungee cord around the jacket and the metal round seat post to keep it from falling off.

Same with me and I just left it off and put my jacket or smaller backpack under my mobility scooter seat as stated above. I also used a bungee cord on the rear of the seat's armrest metal bars to hold things.

View attachment 452637View attachment 452638
I think my jacket, and folding cane should fit in the front basket. I'll just make sure to bring my lighter jacket.

They start renting by the week, after 7 days, you can add on as many days as you need. Even with renting for 7 days, they still wind up being "cheaper" than other vendors and definitely cheaper than the park. The park rents a scooter for $50 per day, plus a $20 deposit and the scooter cannot leave the park (entrance\exit gates). It cannot be used to parking lot or buses.

Can you only rent them by the week?

For their high-back ones, yes sort of: base fee is flat rate for 1-7 days [regardless of whether it is 1 or 3 or 7...], then for additional days it is IIRC $10 per day extra, and those days can be however many, don't have to be in weekly increments.

However, in recent weeks they have added a shorter rental option for two of their less fancy models.

SW

To me, the rear basket was super. I never had to remove it for any reason. The only thing with having the rear basket was make sure you don't forget at "bag check" to pull up and let security look in your rear basket. The first time, I didn't, just let security go thru my purse and I took off. It was so embarrassing when they had to practically chase me down! But I loved the rear basket.

We used the rear basket and didn't have any trouble on the busses. And what a pleasure it was to hold everything for a family of 6. The front basket easily fit 6 water bottle with lots of extra room. The folding cane was stored in the pouch on the back of the seat. Will most definitely rent from Gold Mobility again!

Gold Mobility Scooters LLC
2 hrs ·
Book your Holiday Season mobility scooter rental today with Gold Mobility Scooters! GMS is the most affordable mobility scooter rental company for the Orlando Florida and the Theme Park areas of Central Florida. The Pride Victory 10 3 Wheel and 4 wheels mobility scooter shown in the picture rent for a $179.99 flat rate for up to seven days. That price works out to be only $25.71 per day. If our guest happens to need the mobility scooter rental for more days they will actually save even more. Every additional day after 7 days is only $10 per day. That makes Gold Mobility Scooters the best mobility scooter rental value in Central Florida for the 7 days or more renter.
In addition to the low price, we offer lots of Free extras. We include an adjustable cup/can/bottle holder. A top of line ram-x advanced phone holder that keeps your phone ready, visible, and secure. The built-in USB port to keep your phone or tablet charged. Our exclusive installed variable-speed cooling fan to help keep you cool on those hot Florida days. We install an LED undercarriage lighting system to keep you safe. The upgraded much more comfortable captain's chair automatically comes on every highly upgraded Victory 10 Scooter we rent. We also upgrade the batteries to the largest extended range batteries available. All 5 Star rated mobility scooter rental service. 100% satisfaction guaranteed.
Book your Gold Mobility Scooter rental is 24 hours a day on our website at your convenience. It's Simple and Easy to set up, never any cancellation fees, never any change fees, reservations are accepted up to 1 year in advance. If you prefer to pay at the time of arrival call one of our helpful staff at 407-414-0287 8 AM-8 PM 7 days a week to place your reservation.
Gold Mobility Scooters never charges a cancellation fee or charge fee. Theft and Damage Insurance is included.

77295642_973635193004828_7974087855720890368_o.jpg

Last edited:
After reading this thread a bit, we're going to give Gold Mobility a try on our next vacation. We were kind of disappointed with Buena Vista Scooters, so I'm hoping we have a better experience with GMS. Also, they were a bit cheaper, so that's a plus. Anyone know off hand what their delivery schedule is like for drop-off? Buena Vista was 8:30/1:30/6:30 for where we're staying.

After reading this thread a bit, we're going to give Gold Mobility a try on our next vacation. We were kind of disappointed with Buena Vista Scooters, so I'm hoping we have a better experience with GMS. Also, they were a bit cheaper, so that's a plus. Anyone know offhand what their delivery schedule is like for drop-off? Buena Vista was 8:30/1:30/6:30 for where we're staying.

I was texted the night before to verify our meeting time. They met us at the hotel (on time) & they processed our credit card. Not only did the young man arrive on time...he demonstrated to my husband how to dissemble the scooter, put it in the car & then reassemble. It was a blue scooter, most of those that I saw in the parks were red.

We signed the rental paperwork & off we went.

We texted the night before our departure to rearrange our pick up time (earlier than originally arranged) & they were again there on time to pick up the scooter.

After reading this thread a bit, we're going to give Gold Mobility a try on our next vacation. We were kind of disappointed with Buena Vista Scooters, so I'm hoping we have a better experience with GMS. Also, they were a bit cheaper, so that's a plus. Anyone know off hand what their delivery schedule is like for drop-off? Buena Vista was 8:30/1:30/6:30 for where we're staying.
Gold Mobility doesn't have a set schedule. They will meet you, based on your schedule. I was arriving at the resort at 12:30. We scheduled meet up time for 12:30, they were there. Magical Express and I weren't. They stay in contact with you via text. They waited over 15 minutes and still took the time to explain how to adjus t the scooter.

when returning scooter, they were waiting and I was running a little late. No problems, no "anger". They even offered to help me get out of scooter.

They will contact you the night before by text to confirm your scheduled arrival. If it changes and you know, let them know. They even took a secondary phone number (my daughters) and texted her as well, to make sure I was able to get the service I need.

I have nothing but good to say about this company and their employes!!

The second scooter location on some buses requires removing the basket.
edited to add:
To be clear. The scooter with the back basket exceeds Disney's size limits. The Gold Mobility delivery person made that clear. You loosen two thumb nuts and the basket slides off. It has handles. Not a big deal if the scooter rider has an able body companion. Probably a big deal if the scooter rider is solo.

The basket also had to come off on one of the boats in EPCOT, the boat going from FW to WS. Again there were many scooters on board. Might not have been an issue if thee were only one scootter.

Last edited:
They meet you at Magical Express when you arrive and just before Magical Express picks you up when you leave. This unless you have extremely early or late flights (I think they deliver until 10 PM and begin at 6 AM or something like that), then you would have to work something out with them, but for the 90% that arrive during normal hours, they meet on your schedule. They don't do drop off windows or scheduled times, they will text you the night before to confirm.

If you aren't coming on Magical Express, just tell them when you want delivery.

I have a question. The earliest time to select online for drop off with gold is 7am. Is it possible to get a drop off at 6:30 am? We are spending our first night off site and want to make morning EMH our first park day so we plan to park at AKL at 6:15 or so and get a bus.

I have a question. The earliest time to select online for drop off with gold is 7am. Is it possible to get a drop off at 6:30 am? We are spending our first night off site and want to make morning EMH our first park day so we plan to park at AKL at 6:15 or so and get a bus.
Call and ask, if Gold can't deliver that early why not have gold deliver to your offsite location the previous day or night?

Call and ask, if Gold can't deliver that early why not have gold deliver to your offsite location the previous day or night?
They can’t do before 7. I do t think the scooter will fit in the car with all our luggage. Oh well, it was worth a shot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter