Golf Courses

ksmith0526

Earning My Ears
What’s your favorite golf course at Disney World? We are bringing my in laws for the first time and my father in law and husband would like to golf one day. Any suggestions on which you would choose?

The top two are Palm and Magnolia.
I like the nine hole Oak Trail walking course that is over next to those courses. You can 'see' a lot of wild life while walking those courses.
I have seen deer, turkey, racoons, etc.

My ranking of the 18 hole courses is:
1. Palm
2. Lake Beuna Vista
3. Magnolia

They courses are usually all about the same in terms of playing conditions, but I think Palm stands above the others in terms of course design. One thing to note, currently a lot of work is being done over at the Magnolia/Palm (I think mostly on Magnolia), not sure if that is affecting tee time availability on those courses or not.

Although they got rid our favorites (Osprey Ridge and Eagle Pines), we like Magnolia of the remaining choices. It’s a pretty track.

Where are you staying? I ask because we stay at OKW, so Lake Buena Vista is definitely our favorite. There's nothing like the fun of seeing your villa from the golf course. When DMIL played Palm with DH, she thought it had too much water. I can't say much about Magnolia-I saw a poisonous snake on the 6th hole, and since I'm deathly afraid of snakes, Magnolia's not my favorite.

Where are you staying? I ask because we stay at OKW, so Lake Buena Vista is definitely our favorite. There's nothing like the fun of seeing your villa from the golf course. When DMIL played Palm with DH, she thought it had too much water. I can't say much about Magnolia-I saw a poisonous snake on the 6th hole, and since I'm deathly afraid of snakes, Magnolia's not my favorite.
We are staying at Beach Club!

My recommendation is to be willing to go off Disney property to play. If you do that, you have 100 courses nearby, many of them excellent choices. If that is the case, you can book the night before on Golf Now and make sure the weather is to your liking before paying for a tee time.

My recommendation is to be willing to go off Disney property to play. If you do that, you have 100 courses nearby, many of them excellent choices. If that is the case, you can book the night before on Golf Now and make sure the weather is to your liking before paying for a tee time.
being from out of town,,,what are the top 5 non disney course in your opinion?

being from out of town,,,what are the top 5 non disney course in your opinion?
In no particular order:
1. The Links Course (used to be called the New Course) at Grand Cypress
2. Hawks Landing at Marriott World Center
3. Crooked Cat or Panther Lake at Orange County National
4. Waldorf Astoria
5. Ritz Carlton

The Links Course is my personal favorite, very different than most courses you get to play in the US. Modeled a bit after St Andrews, there are pot bunkers, some double greens, and pretty much no rough. Crooked Cat is hosting a LIV event in a few weeks and they used to have the Q School finals here for many years, and has one of the best practice facilities around. #1-3 are probably the more budget friendly options here, with #4-5 being more expensive.

If you want to get even more budget friendly, Celebration and Shingle Creek are nice courses as well. The only well known courses I don't like in the area are the Championsgate courses. The last time i played there it was like there was a thin layer of turf laid down on top of concrete. I would hit what i thought was good shots and then my ball would bounce high in the air.

I would probably also consider the skill level of those in your group when deciding where to play. Novice golfers will find championship courses beyond their skill level and it will be a frustrating experience for them as well as those in the groups behind them.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter