Good Christmas Car Rates??

robinb

DIS veteran
Has anyone found any good rates out there?

We're flying into TPA on 12/23 and back out of TPA on 1/6. The second week isn't a problem, I got a rate of $140 for that week (pick up MK, drop off TPA) but the Christmas week is a bear. Any ideas?

Hi Robin,

There are usually no good rates for holiday weeks cuz they're blackout dates for the specials/codes.

I checked dollar.com for a one day rental from TPA and its $72 for a fullsize. Return is at one of the downntown disney hotels, can't remember which one right now.

The rates are staggering for that week. You could try priceline, I suppose..

Good luck,

Herc

I would just keep checking all sites daily or twice a day, that's what I did. We have 8 days, full size from Thrifty for $149. Good Luck

Dollar Rent A Car out of TPA is $189 a week (without tax's) from 12/23 - 30 (?) for a full size Dodge Intrepid using promo code D2. I just tried it at the web site and the full size cars were available that week. Not sure if these were the dates you were looking for.

RobinLyn

We used priceline and got Hertz for 450 for 13 days. We leave 12/30 and return 1/12. I was getting very high quotes so just took the priceline plunge!

RobinLyn:

$189 ... now that's more like it! I tried other Dollar codes, but not that one.

Edited to add:
Just made my reservation through Dollar :). Yippie! Also joined Fastlane for that front-of-the-line service.

Muffy:

Your rate of $450 ... does it include taxes? I have no problem using PL, but I can usually get a better rate on my own. Hotwire shows no availability at all!

Yes, that included taxes and fees.

Thanks Muffy!

My current reservations are a total of $334 before taxes ($23.85 per day) and $416.93. I can try PL, but I don't think I'll be able to beat that ... plus I would have to pay $21 more for the 2nd week out of TPA since they have a $3 per day concession recovery fee for rentals out of the airport. My 2nd rental is from National's Car Care Center at WDW, so no airport fees.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter