Good Food at AK

tinkerbell81284

Got Pixie Dust?
I'm going to Animal Kingdom for the first time in two weeks (Nov. 17th). Can anyone give me some recommendations to the good food at AK?

Thanks!
Tink

For lunch, FlameTree Barbecue is fantastic if you like meat. We never miss it, that is, until last trip when we tried the Rain Forest Cafe--which was pretty good too. Guess it depends whether you are looking for counter service or a sit-down restaurant experience.

I ate at the Tusker House for lunch and it was fabulous I can hardly wait to eat there again!

Flame Tree BBQ - the smell alone is heaven.

Find a quiet spot by the river and enjoy the food and the atmosphere.

For good food, we have always enjoyed Tusker House best, tho Flame Tree is very good too (just a little heavier than we're used to).

Last year we tried Rainforest Cafe, and the entertaining surroundings were great, but the food and service were Aweful (huge piles of horrible food in gloppy, excessively sweet sauces, served slowly and badly...:crazy2: ). DS enjoyed it, but didn't eat the food there (limited diet). The gift shop was fun tho.

Tusker House and Flame Tree should do you well tho. Enjoy!

Have the same question - I've had a look at the Tusker House breakfast menu on allearsnet.com and there doesn't seem to be much there. Am I missing something??:confused:

we ate at the tusker house 2 weeks ago for the lst time, and it was great. my wife and i split a roasted chicken platter for $7.99, which included a hefty portion of chicken, garlic mashed potatoes, and green beens. we also split a desert from the bakery section. it was a great lunch, and we'll definately go back!

We had lunch at Tusker House, and I can't say I enjoyed it. Never went back. Pizzafarri same thing. Tried flame tree and enjoyed it. We got 2 lunch vouchers and used them for 2 rib lunches. We should have only gotten 1. There was plenty to share, and we do enjoy large portions. We are looking forward to going back there.

Rainforest Cafe' I love the atmosphere. They are all over the country and we love going to them all. just to show you a few pictures of Rainforest Cafe meals.

This is a really good. I can't remember the name.

f7328902.jpg

This is a chocalate Moose cake w/whip something (can't remember the name and it wasn't ice cream - but light and good)

f7328958.jpg

You can't go to RFC and not get a Volcanno - and of course with with many other people. And the excite of the dessert.

f732898c.jpg

Well, obviously I loved RFC because this is what my plate looked like after I finished!!!
f73289ac.jpg

I just got back from AK and had a great lunch at the Flame Tree.
The ribs were fantastic, and an exceptionally large portion for the price. In fact I was sure that the staff had made a mistake and given me two pieces of rib: but I was told that I got the standard serving.
I cannot eat corn but get a double portion of the BBQ Beans which IMHO are the best beans anywhere.
but whatever you do and where ever you eat: get the meal certificates, a saving of at least $4US per person.
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
:wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter