• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Good site for light up tchotchkes (junk)

stuckinkansas

Earning My Ears
Apologies if this has been addressed, does anyone know of a good search string or site for the sort of "must have" (yet throw away) heaps of lightable excrement my kids scream for immediately prior to a parade? Two years ago we bought some cool stuff at the Disney Store, but last week they had nothing.

Thanks!

Apologies if this has been addressed, does anyone know of a good search string or site for the sort of "must have" (yet throw away) heaps of lightable excrement my kids scream for immediately prior to a parade? Two years ago we bought some cool stuff at the Disney Store, but last week they had nothing.

Dollar General stores have had them in the past.

And there's always HERE.

Yeah I combed dollar general today, but my dinky town's DG is a bit small. I think you're right, several search strings on ebay would be advised...

Check out all the light up things at Orientaltrading.com. They have lots of really cool things.

Walmart has the glow sticks (the kind you bend/snap/shake just before wearing) I'm sure they have them with the Halloween stuff right now, but they always have bags of them in the birthday party section. For that matter, any store with Halloween stuff probably has the kind of glow stick you can wear on a necklace.

Don't know how much you want to spend, but before the parades, they have the light-up toy carts going up & down the parade route - while some of that stuff is as much as $15, they do have a fairly reasonable alternative that's not too bad: They have light-up tube necklaces that do all sorts of cool light/color patterns for $5 each. The benefit to buying those is they can be turned off and used the next night at the next parade. Just a thought.

I got a dinky little Disney-themed light-up thing on an endcap at Target. There are some Halloween-ish things at Old Navy. And there's always Oriental Trading.

I got some glow sticks in the Target $1 section before our trip last month. It was great when my kids started asking before the parade--I pulled those things out and started snapping. :thumbsup2

Ah now - not fair to correct the link. Now I can see all of the shiny flashing things and I want some. :sad:

Then, my work here is done. ;)

LINK-MAN_Super-Hero.jpg

I was at an iParty this week and they had 4" glow sticks in 6 different colors for $.50 each. I believe the sale runs through the weekend.

This would be a better fit on the theme parks community board, so I'm going to move it over there now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter