Goofy's Guides

GoofyWaterCoaster

<font color=blue><marquee> Please stand clear of t
Well, I have made a few guides and I figured that I'd share them. I also need to post them so that I can PM a few to a few people, so I figured that this would be a great place to do so.

Lots of people have been asking how I do it, so I decided to make this guide for the 3 most popular Internet Browsers on how to post a picture from the internet. This will work with all sites, including google, not just the site that I used for this guide ;)

Internet Explorer:

Let's take an image from a smiley site and post it on the DIS

1) Find the image you want
Master1.jpg

2) Right Click on it
Master2.jpg

3) Left-click Properties
IE3.jpg

4) Double left-click on the Image URL
IE4.jpg

5) Press ctrl+c

6) In the DIS window, left-click the mountain icon (if this is not there, see "What to do if the mountain icon is not there" at the bottom of this post
Mountain.jpg

7) Highlight the http:// and press ctrl+v
ie7.jpg

8) Press OK

9) View your post!
ViewPost.jpg

Mozilla Firefox

Master1.jpg

2) Right Click on it
Master2.jpg

3) Click "Copy Image Location"
FF3.jpg

4) In the DIS window, left-click the mountain icon (if this is not there, see "What to do if the mountain icon is not there" at the bottom of this post
Mountain.jpg

5) Press ctrl+v
ff5.jpg

6) Press OK

7) View your post!
ViewPost.jpg

Safari

Master1.jpg

2) Right Click on it
Master2.jpg

3) Click "Copy Image Address"
S3.jpg

4) In the DIS window, left-click the mountain icon (if this is not there, see "What to do if the mountain icon is not there" at the bottom of this post
Mountain.jpg

5) Highlight the http:// and press ctrl+v
S5.jpg

6) Press OK

7) View your post!
ViewPost.jpg

What to do if the mountain icon is not there

1) Type

2) Click between ] and [

3) press ctrl+v

4) Post as normal

If using Google, view the full sized image, copy the address bar, and use the mountain icon as shown above.
Hope this helps

If you have any other questions, PM me ;)

Goofy's Guide to Cropping and Posting Pictures
Ok, here we go, please PM if this doesn't make sense
1) If you have a Microsoft Computer, go to the Start Menu > All Programs > Accessories > Paint
Step1.jpg

2) Press ctrl+O and browse for your pictures
Step2.jpg

3) Click the select tool
Step3.jpg

4) Click and drag over the area you want to select
Step4.jpg

5) Without clicking anywhere, press ctrl+C to copy the selection

6) Press File > New
Step6.jpg

7) Press ctrl+E and set the length and width to 1 pixel. This prevents excess white space around your picture when you paste it.
step7.jpg

8) Press ctrl+V to paste the selection.

9) Press ctrl+S and save it in the desired location.
9.jpg

10) Open up your internet browser and go to an image hosting site. I love www.Photobucket.com because you can create an account and upload your pictures into an album. You can protect this album so that only you can see it unless you link a specific picture into a forum (This is default). If you don't want to create an account, go to www.TinyPic.com.

On www.TinyPic.com, select browse, find your picture, and then upload.
tinypic.jpg

On www.Photobucket.com, select Choose Files, and it will automatically upload.
photobucket.jpg

11) On both sites, select IMG Code and click on the address to copy.

Photobucket:
photo.jpg

TinyPic:
tiny.jpg

12) On the posting, pm, or edit signature page, press ctrl+v wherever you want the picture

You're all set! In the posting/sending/editing window, the text should look similar to this (different image address though):
allset.jpg

How to Upload Pictures and Post them on the Disboards

1) Go to Tinypic or Photobucket. If you want to just upload and post, Tinypic is for you. If you want to upload and be able to review your images that you uploaded later, Photobucket is for you.

Tinypic:
2) Press browse and find your image.

Optional) If your image is really big, press the dropdown arrow next to “Resize” and select “Message Board”

3) Press Upload

4) Click on the address next to IMG Code
tiny.jpg

5) Paste in the Disboards window where you want the picture

You're all set! In the posting/sending/editing window, the text should look similar to this (different image address though):
allset.jpg

Photobucket:

2) Browse to find your image, and it will upload automatically if you are using their new uploader. If not, press upload

Optional) After you upload, if your image is really big, press edit above your image
52gkqp.jpg

Press Resize
edit2.jpg

Press preset sizes, then medium
edit3.jpg

Press Save as Copy

3) Click on the address next to IMG Code
photo.jpg

4) Paste in the Disboards window where you want the picture

allset.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!