Got No Strings on Me - Recs for Solo Day at MK?

BanditsMommy

Mouseketeer
So I finally pulled the trigger on a solo day at MK later this month! I've never been to a park solo so I'd love any and all tips, tricks, and things I should do while not having to drag those less enthusiastic than myself.

*Just FYI I won't be able to get there until 6ish at night and I have until park closing at 11 so limited time, but I have always had success with refresh Fastpass on MDE so I'm not TOO worried.

Love your title :) No specific advice except you will be amazed at how quickly and efficiently you can get around solo. Even when I go with just DD, who is in her 20's and a former cm, it's slower going.

Basically, just do as you please. I would probably make at least one of FP+, if that option is available. Other than that, when solo, especially for that short amount of time, I just go along as I please. I would just try for FP as I want/need.

I’m so jealous, this is my dream. I skip so much because of my group. I don’t want to bore them so I keep it moving. I know what I would do, explore Main Street. Go into every building, look at details (I’m a detail oriented person). If the RR was open, I would ride that for a while. Get snacks. I probably wouldn’t be too focused on the rides but get a few in.

I can cover a lot of ground in one day if I'm solo. Here is what I did on one day trip. I pretty much did all of my favorite attractions at 3 parks plus had some time to relax, do some resort exploring, and have some good food.

Plane arrived 8:45

Parked at Epcot 9:30

Rode Test Track as single 9:35

Watched JAMMitors 9:45

Ate in France (jambon buerre sandwich is so good) 10:30

Caramel popcorn from Germany. 11:00

Mexico boat ride 11:20

Got horchata drink from Cava de Tequila and watched mariachis in Mexico 11:30

Walked to Beach Club and explored the resort

Walked to Swan and Dolphin

Ferry to Hollywood Studios 12:30

Rode Rock n Roller coaster as single rider (which I think was longer than standby)

Rode Tower of Terror

Watched Beauty and the Beast Live 2:00

Ate at Brown Derby Lounge (sliders and margarita flight – yum!)

Walked through Walt Disney One Man's Dream. 3:30

Rode Rock n Roller coaster again (fast pass)

Rode Star Tours 4:20

Go to Magic Kingdom 4:45

- Took bus to Contemporary then walked

Rode Haunted mansion 6:30

Enchanted Tiki Room 7:00

Pirates of the Caribbean 7:30

Jungle Cruise (fast pass) 8:00

Philharmagic 8:15

Celebrate the Magic parade 8:45

Fireworks 9 pm

Rode Tomorrowland Transit Authority

Monorail back to Epcot parking

I did MK solo on my last trip and I would get the FPs as early as you can possible can to be able to keep finding FP through the day. I manage to ride BTMR 4 times (1FP, 3 Extra FPs), 3 7DMT (Rope Drop, FP, 1 Extra FP), Peter Pan (extra FP), Pirates x 2 (2 extra FPs) plus extra FPs for Buzz, Speedway, Little Mermaid, etc. I could had get some Space Mountains too. (Splash was on refurbishment). Just keep updating the time on the APP and you will get tons of FPs.

Also, use the mobile order on restaurant if available. I even use it to get my dole whip on Adventureland and ate it watching the parade.

I also had lunch on BoG alone and was cool.

If you rope drop, head west... to Frontierland, that is.

It's so much quieter in that direction. I've done 3 Big Thunders and 2 Splashes in the first hour on a slow day.

What is it you like to do that your unenthusiastic friends do not? Do you like the thrillish rides or the old school slow ones?

Is it time to do some kind of tour? e.g., Savor the Savanna: Evening Safari Experience?

When is the next time you will be back? is it time to do the lesser ridden rides or do you want to hit the highlights?

Is there a restaurant you always wanted to try?

Do you want to pick a land and do everything in it?

Or try to ride all the roller coasters?

I love MK solo. It’s all your choice. Line too long? Walk away...and enjoy the walk. Take a seat in you favorite area and just listen and watch the people.

I bring earbuds if it’s a long line and I’m willing to wait.

Do not be afraid to “fill” a row...seat. If it seats two, it seats two. Plus, You might meet a friend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter