Got the "come back for a season full of magical moments" UOC in the mail yesterday

Mr. X

Mouseketeer
Extremely (and I mean extremely) limited room availability for this "clickbait" offer. I think this will be the new discount protocol for Disney moving forward. People used to book early in hopes that they would get a UOC to apply to the reservation. I'm wondering if anyone received a UOC from Oct-Dec. that already had made a reservation at the resort.

I just received one today for the Pixie Dust pin code and wow your right availability is nill! We stay at the BWI for the most part when we go so I checked all kinds of dates from three nights to a week. The only room I could find was the outside Garden suites and you couldn't pay me to take one of those rooms. I tried other EPCOT deluxe resorts and nothing no matter what dates I put in from Oct.- Dec. Glad it wasn't only me.

I just received one today for the Pixie Dust pin code and wow your right availability is nill! We stay at the BWI for the most part when we go so I checked all kinds of dates from three nights to a week. The only room I could find was the outside Garden suites and you couldn't pay me to take one of those rooms. I tried other EPCOT deluxe resorts and nothing no matter what dates I put in from Oct.- Dec. Glad it wasn't only me.

Yeah, I got that one today too. You're right - horrid availability for the few dates I checked. The struggle is real! :-)

Yeah, I got that one today too. You're right - horrid availability for the few dates I checked. The struggle is real! :-)
My husband and I have AP at Universal but let our Disney AP laps. I have been recently calling and checking on suites for a future vacation with no plans for a current trip to Disney. A nice discount would have swayed me to Disney this fall, but this isn't it! We may take a short trip to Universal this fall instead. I hope your listening Disney!

We got one by email 2 days after we got home from our trip July 3rd. It only ran till August 31st. Did they seriously expect us to come back within a month? Hoping to get one for a January trip...the 4 yr old is asking Santa for a return visit! Did y'all get it by snail mail or email? What were the dates on it?

We got one by email 2 days after we got home from our trip July 3rd. It only ran till August 31st. Did they seriously expect us to come back within a month? Hoping to get one for a January trip...the 4 yr old is asking Santa for a return visit! Did y'all get it by snail mail or email? What were the dates on it?

The "Pixie Dust" one I just received was for 10/8-12/24 with thanksgiving week blacked out. Yes, snail mail.

Same, got it yesterday. Good Oct 8 - Dec 24. I already have my October trip booked with a different discount, one night in November at an all star (only doing a day at Disney and we need the EMH!), and a group trip at POFQ that we're splitting so I didn't care about getting a discount. None of them could have the discount applied. I asked for them to check a variety of dates over the three months - nothing. One person helpfully told me I could stay at the Contemporary (2 nights) for $1,725, lol. Normally the pin codes are super great so I was extra disappointed to get one & not be able to use it. I would've upgraded my Nov trip & stayed longer if it worked! I can't even get the discount to show online, it keeps showing me rates & then saying they're for that package deal only.

Same, got it yesterday. Good Oct 8 - Dec 24. I already have my October trip booked with a different discount, one night in November at an all star (only doing a day at Disney and we need the EMH!), and a group trip at POFQ that we're splitting so I didn't care about getting a discount. None of them could have the discount applied. I asked for them to check a variety of dates over the three months - nothing. One person helpfully told me I could stay at the Contemporary (2 nights) for $1,725, lol. Normally the pin codes are super great so I was extra disappointed to get one & not be able to use it. I would've upgraded my Nov trip & stayed longer if it worked! I can't even get the discount to show online, it keeps showing me rates & then saying they're for that package deal only.

For mine, it defaults to the package offer, but I could click the offer next to it which is just room only, not the package. But the room only version had a TON of black out dates for me (pretty much every weekend during that time) so even more limited. I'm AP so the package does me no good! :-)

I laugh... the excitement of actually getting one, and the agony of defeat when I realized it was somewhat worthless for me.

For mine, it defaults to the package offer, but I could click the offer next to it which is just room only, not the package. But the room only version had a TON of black out dates for me (pretty much every weekend during that time) so even more limited. I'm AP so the package does me no good! :-)

I laugh... the excitement of actually getting one, and the agony of defeat when I realized it was somewhat worthless for me.
Maybe that's why it kicks me out when I try the room only one! I'm an AP too so I know exactly what you mean, haha.

I got it on Saturday and called immediately. I was able to get 3 nights at Beach Club Villas 11/25-11/28 for 1075 total. Not sure if this is a good deal or not. However, I realized that it kicked the room only over to a package and now I'll have to call to see if I can fix that because I just read I won't be able to pick FP for the room only I have 11/20-11/25 until I check in. I'm hoping they won't make me cancel the room to fix the ticket issue.

have one, got one in an email and then one in snail mail---one was to my DH and one was in my name....sad to say I called on both at different times-the day I got them though, and nothing was available. was hoping that something opened up, but looks like I will be tightening the belt to make this short trip and staying at the all stars even though o prefer CBR.

What makes you say this? Shouldn't be the case, unless I'm missing something.
I think maybe I didn't interpret what I read correctly. I read if I booked a room only followed by a package that I could book FP at 60 days for the package but not FP for the room only portion until the tickets are "activated". I guess I thought tickets got activated at check in. Maybe they get activated 60 days out from the package? IDK.

I think maybe I didn't interpret what I read correctly. I read if I booked a room only followed by a package that I could book FP at 60 days for the package but not FP for the room only portion until the tickets are "activated". I guess I thought tickets got activated at check in. Maybe they get activated 60 days out from the package? IDK.

No, you can book FPs 60 days out for a room only portion. You do need a ticket linked to your account.

What you described above sounds a bit funny to me. When you changed reservations, did it make it into a ticketless package?

You made me chuckle with your comment about the outside Garden Suites. Are they that bad or ??? I don't know anyone that stayed in them.....I just don't like the views...the rooms/lofts look kinda interesting. Just curious......

You made me chuckle with your comment about the outside Garden Suites. Are they that bad or ??? I don't know anyone that stayed in them.....I just don't like the views...the rooms/lofts look kinda interesting. Just curious......
I don't like having to go outside and then walk up 4 flights of stairs to get to the CL lounge for starters. Or go outside, walk through the lobby and take the elevator up to the lounge. Then the fact that you have to climb stairs everyday to reach your bedroom and bathroom in your hotel room. By the end of a ten to twelve day stay that would get pretty old! Your right you have no view at all and for most of them no balcony either. It's similar to a Moderate hotel in that the door opens up to the outside and not to an inside hallway. Add all that up and then look at the price they charge for those rooms and just nope, no way! They are very pretty to look at when I am using the BWI quite pool though☺️.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter