Grad nights??

Happy99

DIS Veteran
I am looking at the May 2017 calendar as the 2018 one is not yet available and see that part of stay may be during Grad nights. We are arriving Friday May 18 and planned on going to the parks, we arrive at 11am. We leave Tuesday morning. Our plan was to go to the parks on Friday and on Monday.

If Grad nights are held the same time it seems it will be Friday May 18 and Saturday May 19. Are we better off going to the parks Sunday and Monday instead?

Thank you in advance.

Yes. Sunday’s are not too bad. Monday will be tough. Mondays are always busy. If there are more entertainment options and longer hours Saturday I may opt for that instead.

I am looking at the May 2017 calendar as the 2018 one is not yet available and see that part of stay may be during Grad nights. We are arriving Friday May 18 and planned on going to the parks, we arrive at 11am. We leave Tuesday morning. Our plan was to go to the parks on Friday and on Monday.

If Grad nights are held the same time it seems it will be Friday May 18 and Saturday May 19. Are we better off going to the parks Sunday and Monday instead?

Thank you in advance.
Figment_jii has been working on this one for 2018 since September.
Keep in mind it is a work in progress as people offer information to be added to the master thread
The 2018 does have Grad info.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/2018-calendar-of-events-school-breaks-and-dlr.3635162/

Friday and Saturday are grad nights, which will make the parks a little busier.
You might be best off with your two days in the parks being Sunday and Monday.

Last edited:
Yes. Sunday’s are not too bad. Monday will be tough. Mondays are always busy. If there are more entertainment options and longer hours Saturday I may opt for that instead.

Thank you, I would have assumed a Monday when school is in session wouldn't be busy, am I not thinking correctly here?

Thank you, I would have assumed a Monday when school is in session wouldn't be busy, am I not thinking correctly here?
Yes. Mondays are always busy when I’m there. But as geemo mentioned I didn’t realize Saturday was also a grad night. Monday will likely be better than that.

Have you been recently? We usually go more than 2 days.

Haven't been there in five years but we go to WDW every year. We only have the four night stay, then heading to wine country for the rest of our time. No little kids, our children are now young adults.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts