Grammy Awards Tonight!

Grammy's sound mix has been way off kilter for several years now. Anybody know if it's possibly been thrown off by taking place in an arena setting as opposed to a theater/auditorium style setting? I also wondered if they have to choose between choosing to set it up for optimal live sound for the audience that is present, or for optimal sound for the television viewing audience?

Personally I don't like the way they're choosing to stage the performances either, hopping from the main stage to the mini round stage -- probably to allow for quicker flow between acts. IMO they could solve that issue by not indulging in these massive set piece production numbers and use simpler set pieces and today's elaborate lighting to wow the audience. Most of all make sure we can hear what the performers are bringing and the magic will take care of itself.

These guys say hold their wine.

Well, yeah. . . if you like that kind of thing. BUT, the question is--can they sing "Walk This Way" or "Love in an Elevator" or "Janie's Got A Gun" or "Don't Want to Close My Eyes"????

Personally, I would much rather listen to Steven Tyler than the guys you posted the video to. Doesn't mean they aren't great. Just aren't my thing. Perhaps classic rock just isn't your thing? Nothing wrong with that. Doesn't mean Steven Tyler, Ozzy Osbourne and the like aren't great.

Well, yeah. . . if you like that kind of thing. BUT, the question is--can they sing "Walk This Way" or "Love in an Elevator" or "Janie's Got A Gun" or "Don't Want to Close My Eyes"????

Personally, I would much rather listen to Steven Tyler than the guys you posted the video to. Doesn't mean they aren't great. Just aren't my thing. Perhaps classic rock just isn't your thing? Nothing wrong with that. Doesn't mean Steven Tyler, Ozzy Osbourne and the like aren't great.

Granted, the audio last night was not good, however I'm not sure that based on what I could hear of Tyler's vocals last night he is capable of delivering the performance of any of those songs that he once could.

Granted, the audio last night was not good, however I'm not sure that based on what I could hear of Tyler's vocals last night he is capable of delivering the performance of any of those songs that he once could.
Of course he can't. He's almost 72 years old. Doesn't mean fans don't enjoy his performances. Once again...the sound was really bad last night.

These guys say hold their wine.
Of course he can't. He's almost 72 years old. Doesn't mean fans don't enjoy his performances. Once again...the sound was really bad last night.

I referenced the poor audio, and above noted it's been a recurring problem with the broadcast for several years now.

The tenors above all demonstrated a better grasp on their vocals as they aged IMO.

Kind of smacks of hypocrisy to give Tyler a pass on account of age considering their recent foray into litigation.

I referenced the poor audio, and above noted it's been a recurring problem with the broadcast for several years now.

The tenors above all demonstrated a better grasp on their vocals as they aged IMO.

Kind of smacks of hypocrisy to give Tyler a pass on account of age considering their recent foray into litigation.
It's not about giving Tyler a pass. It's a fact that one loses range and quality with age....some more than others.

A concession that Tyler and the other members of the band refused their drummer re: this performance.
I don't pretend to know what is REALLY going on with that situation. We rarely hear everything (ever) and I think thereā€™s more to their refusal than has been said. Always is...

Last edited:
A concession that Tyler and the other members of the band refused their drummer re: this performance.

Well there was a little bit more to it than that. They didnā€™t leave him out because he has naturally aged and couldnā€™t play the way he did 50 years ago.

Well there was a little bit more to it than that. They didnā€™t leave him out because he has naturally aged and couldnā€™t play the way he did 50 years ago.

If you argue to a court of law that you are refusing someone the ability to play because they are not up to band standards the standards should apply to the entire band.

If you argue to a court of law that you are refusing someone the ability to play because they are not up to band standards the standards should apply to the entire band.

I don't really care one way or the other to be honest. But he didn't rehearse with them for six months. A certain amount of rehearsal could be "band standards". Also, he had an injury that may be effecting his playing, I personally, haven't heard him play. Have you?

and lastly, seems the judge doesn't agree with you and told him no. So there is that.

I don't really care one way or the other to be honest. But he didn't rehearse with them for six months. A certain amount of rehearsal could be "band standards". Also, he had an injury that may be effecting his playing, I personally, haven't heard him play. Have you?

and lastly, seems the judge doesn't agree with you and told him no. So there is that.

Missing my point entirely. I did however hear Steven Tyler perform. The hypocrisy arises when you present to a court the rest of the band can meet standards that one member cannot -- and then proceed to demonstrate very publicly another member of the band is lacking. Doesn't deserve any slack IMO.

Missing my point entirely. I did however hear Steven Tyler perform. The hypocrisy arises when you present to a court the rest of the band can meet standards that one member cannot -- and then proceed to demonstrate very publicly another member of the band is lacking. Doesn't deserve any slack IMO.

Is this the first time Steven Tyler has performed in 6 months or more? Did his voice suddenly become less than what it was or has it been more gradual? Besides it depends on what those standards are.

LOVED;
Billie Eillish, and shockingly, Tyler the Creator. I'm a genuine fan of TC now - that was a GREAT performance! He needs to mix in the intensity of that live performance into his recorded music. And Billie - what can you say? Just a great kid, with an awesome story. Her brother REALLY deserved his win for production. He mixed that album in his BEDROOM for God's sake!

HATED;
Usher's Prince tribute - made me really wish Price could come back from the dead and show him how it's done. And yeah, that Aerosmith/Run DMC thing was a hot mess - made me want them out of the DCA ride too.

Everything else was pretty forgettable. Entertaining, worth a watch, but that's about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter