Grand Canyon railway hotel and train- don't do it

We made the trip a few years back and enjoyed it. The hotel was spotless when we went so I'm saddened to read it was no longer good. We spent several nights at the Canyon and could not look at it enough. We thought the train ride was hokey, but we had fun.

OP, we did a 2wk trip out west this summer too. For months I had considered doing the Railway pkg with the hotel (thanks Tripadvisor, lol), but in the end we decided to save some $ and just stay in the park at the Yavapai Lodge (which I recommend if anyone’s interested). As far as the GC, we had our own Clark Griswald/Wally World moment as well. It was a bucket list item and glad we did it, but I doubt we’ll ever go back. Your review makes me feel better that we ditched the train pkg because for awile I was feeling sad we didn’t do it. Sorry it was so disappointing for you.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!