Grand Floridian Cafe Breakfast gluten free dairy free was a bust!

sleepingbean

DIS Veteran
For the whole saga, you can follow my review here .
But in a nutshell, it was a total waste of time and money!
The service started on the wrong foot, which should have tipped us off. The wait was FOREVER, which maybe should have been a second warning. The food, itself, was the major disappointment, however. I mean, does this look like a $18 dish?

The little black thing is supposed to be medium rare steak.
gfc3-300x225.jpg

For more photos of the rest of the gluten free dairy free meal, click here. This is not a repeat! I will hit 1900 again the next time I want breakfast near GF resort!

Can't tell from your picture if the steak is medium rare or not. Char on the outside doesn't mean burnt on the inside. I read your review, did you send your food back or talk to a manager?

Hi Maxismom. The steak was well done. It was a puck. Quite disappointing, but after such a LONG wait, we were not interested in waiting longer for the kitchen to re cook the meal, so we just dealt with it, paid, and moved on with eagerness to enjoy our day! It was the only bad meal of our trip. We had some great ones!

Hi Maxismom. The steak was well done. It was a puck. Quite disappointing, but after such a LONG wait, we were not interested in waiting longer for the kitchen to re cook the meal, so we just dealt with it, paid, and moved on with eagerness to enjoy our day! It was the only bad meal of our trip. We had some great ones!

It is a shame to pay for food that is not done to your liking. I've never had breakfast that the Grand Floridian Cafe, dinner a few times, and that was very good. Too bad they mess up something so simple as a rare steak.

I agree! We also have had a great dinner there, which is why I was sure that breakfast would be good, too!

The steak was well done. It was a puck. Quite disappointing, but after such a LONG wait, we were not interested in waiting longer for the kitchen to re cook the meal, so we just dealt with it, paid, and moved on with eagerness to enjoy our day!
I had the exact same experience at Le Cellier this April. Ordered a steak medium well and was served a burnt puck. A very expensive burnt puck. Like you, I didn't want to stay there long enough for them to recook, so I let it go. But it was a shock and a disappointment as I'd expected that to be the best meal of our trip.

Shanti, that is a huge disappointment when that happens! I hope the rest of your dining was a lot of fun! :)

Probably the only time I send food back is if it is obviously a mix up with gluten (like if they sent food out on a gluten bun, for example, of if they put cheese on it) because that would make us sick, but otherwise, we just keep moving forward and the vast majority of experiences are good ones!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!