Grand Floridian Cafe Review

Haley R

DIS Veteran
We ate here today for a late lunch at 1:25 pm. We had a reservation and checked in a little early. The host said we would get a text and we got one about 5 minutes after checking in so that was a good start.Our waitress came by quickly to explain the menu and ask what we wanted to drink.

My husband ordered avocado toast as an appetizer which was delicious. I don't even like avocado, but I thought it was very good. It was a little on the expensive side at $11 for two pieces of toast. He ordered the Reuben for his meal and said it was just okay. He didn't like the bread it was on. That meal seemed very reasonably priced at $16 and came with dill chips. He did say the chips were crunchier than he liked, though. I ordered the grand breakfast and got extra bacon instead of the sausage. The bacon wasn't the best quality at all. It tasted like the kind you put in the microwave and was paper thin. That was a bit disappointing. The scrambled eggs I had were delicious and very creamy. I don't normally eat eggs either, but I ate all of them off my plate. The cheesy hash brown casserole was decent, but nothing to write home about. My meal was $16 and I thought that was a pretty good price for a Disney restaurant.There could've been more eggs and hash browns on the plate, but it was enough food for me.

We weren't fans of the overall theme of the restaurant. It felt very old and in need of an update.We weren't blown away by the atmosphere or the food. We did think the prices were very reasonable for a Disney restaurant, though. I don't think we will be back any time soon because there are better restaurants to try.

IMG_7171.jpg

IMG_7170.jpg

IMG_7169.jpg

I heard the prices and service is a big draw for this restaurant. And maybe makes up for the lack of decor? There is a salmon dish served here that I'd eventually like to try.

I heard the prices and service is a big draw for this restaurant. And maybe makes up for the lack of decor? There is a salmon dish served here that I'd eventually like to try.
The prices were very reasonable for a Disney restaurant. I think they mostly matched the amount of food we got. Our server could’ve been better. She was just okay.

Thanks for the review! This place was just OK for us. I agree that it feels a bit dated inside. Food was decent from what I recall but the service was painfully slow which is the memory that stuck unfortunately. And with 3 kids, it was too slow to justify rushing back anytime soon.

We enjoy GFC, especially for breakfast, but would not go out of our way to dine there if we are not staying at the GF. The service is really hit or miss and we have had many meals where the service is very slow.

we really enjoy the service and food at GF cafe. We stick with chicken and waffles or steak and eggs.

We are not a fan of the food at the Grand Floridian Café. We have been there for lunch twice. The service and atmosphere are fine, but do not make up for mediocre to poor food. There are a ton of better places to eat - even quick service choices.

The Grand Floridian is supposed to look "dated".....it is made to be a Victorian era resort. The Victorian era was 1830's to early 1900's. We had a fantastic lunch there and the service was great.

You might have better luck for dinner. It's really underrated because of the other, flashier, restaurants in the GF.

We went for our Christmas eve dinner several times and always enjoyed it, but GF is a wonderful place to be at Christmas so that probably made the whole experience more enjoyable.

Only went once for breakfast. Had the trip of eggs benny. I really enjoyed it. Food was good, I enjoyed the atmosphere (it was during christmas season), and service was excellent

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!