Grand Floridian RPC - Horror Story

Is the Vice Pres. in charge of resort operations the highest position in charge of the hotels altogether? If not, why stop there Cali? I often wondered about working at the resorts because although there is alot of work, I think it would be great to work in the happiest place in the world! Carolyn

I think VP might be the highest incharge of resorts, but there might be a Prez, too. I'll have to check my Disney annual report sometime.

:)

Originally posted by CaliforniaDreaming
Then I'll move to CEO of Disney? :cool:

Actually, I would like to be the "Vice-President and Head of Resort Opperations" for Disney. :)
& I'll be "Asst. VP and Asst. Head of resort operations CUSTOMER SERVICE manager"! LOL...Together....We would turn the place upside down, and amend it all in a Hurry! ;)

Hi! I just wanted to post, that we were upgraded to Royal Palm Concierge for our Disney wedding/honeymoon trip, and it has spoiled us so much that we will ALWAYS stay RPC from now on. I have heard many reviews, positive and negative of the GF concierge, and I think that a lot of it is in your expectations. In my opinion, when you pay extra for concierge, you pay for the room location (the best in the World, in my opinion), and the services of the concierge staff itself.
Any extras, like champagne in the room, or chocolate covered strawberries, are just extras to me. I understand that they don't make an unlimited supply of each item, and it's true that the concierge lounge was pretty full when we were there. They do put different items out for each different daily offering, so if I had happened to miss something (didn't happen - fully stocked and refreshed every time we were there), I would have just waited for the next item.
I think that yes, it is a lot of money to spend, but I would be clear before I went what I was spending the money on - location & concierge services. A lot of the problems I read here, like the robe issue, could be easily remedied, and wouldn't really have put me out. I don't know that I would categorize this as a "Horror Story" - I have had many worse experiences at hotels.
To give another side of the story, they did everything possible to make our stay not only memorable, but extremely magical. From the free upgrade, to the champagne & roses, chocolates, and cards left in our room each night (different things for different nights). Perhaps our expectations were unreasonably low, but we always just go to Disney expecting things to be clean and to get what we've paid for (i.e. lagoon view room, if that's what we've reserved) and other than that, we just let Disney work their own magic, and hang on for the ride :)
Cheers!
Heather W

Glad you had a great stay there.

I cannot comment on what others expectations are when they travel to the RPC. Some posters have mentioned that they had low expectations, so it seems to me that it is difficult to opine on what another RPC guest is thinking. You do not know what my expectations are, and I do not know yours. That said, my expectations are different when I am paying $700/night versus an upgrade. Big Difference!

There does seems to be a common theme in recent months about service at the RPC. There are problems, and Disney needs to fix them. It is not the guest's fault, regardless of expectations. Clearly, there is a service problem at the RPC. The GF is a beautiful resort, and I hope that Disney can return the RPC to a magical place.

To the original poster - You trip does sound like a horror story, and I hope that everything gets resolved in a postive way!

HMPZ,
You seemed to miss the meaning of my post. I'm happy you had a good time, but please dont invalidate what you dont understand or didnt take the time to read thoroughly.

Would you enjoy sweating in a room day and night that was almost 80 degrees that they refused to fix?

Would you enjoy being spoken to rudely by the CM's?

Would you enjoy standing in the rain at MK because for the 3rd time they didnt get your passes right?

Would you enjoy listening to CM's make fun of a teenage girl, someone's daughter?

Would you enjoy being promised things that never happened, despite assurances by management?

I understand that some things went wrong, and yes, that is a pity, but there were some of the items listed under the "horror story" that seemed less than horrific to me, like the strawberries running out. I'm not discrediting all of your complaints - it just seemed like some of them were kind of reaching, to me...
Cheers!
Heather W

OK, But the problem with the strawberries wasnt simply that there werent any. The problem was how it was handled. The strawberries were something that my parents were looking forward to. They dont travel much and for whatever reason it was important to them. I told the concierge that and asked if I could pay to have them delivered to their room via room service and was told there was no need to, they would assure me we would have them that night. Well, after a few nights of missing them and only seeing empty trays, we asked on the next to last night if there were any more, could we please have some, we were told "if you want the good stuff get here earlier". It was all in the way it was handled and the rude comment that made me upset, not the fact I didnt have a strawberry!

hmp2z, I think what you might be misunderstanding is that it was all of these things that happened. I believe WeloveDiney said earler in the thread that if it was one of these problems it could be overlooked but when ALL these things happen one after the other and are not taken care of when complained about then there is the problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter