GRAND OPENING - GRAND CLOSING (Florida)

Agreed. I don’t think tourists are responsible for what’s going on right now, but they know it’s happening.To travel to Florida and expose yourself, then go back home to infect places where it isn’t crazy is beyond selfish. I wish my state would impose mandatory quarantines too. But, they justify it to themselves that it’s not dangerous. I’ve even read comments today claiming that the numbers are steady now and will be coming down soon.

With testing closed for the holiday they’ll probably celebrate the low positives reported on Monday. Boggles the mind, but fully explains why the U.S. is in the shape it’s in.
Our governor has really backed off on the travel restrictions. I’m surprised. He hadn’t even mentioned these hotspots. I have been 100% behind him but this really worries me. I know a girl who is taking her months old baby to Florida. I just don’t get it.

I'm confused as to the point of your post. Unless I'm missing something; it looks like you just posted someones twitter complaint about Legoland??? There are tons of complaints about tons of different things every day...why does this matter? Legoland has been opened for over a month at this point and never required masks (so that's not new and was known at/before opening; ) not sure what the difference is now?

How many hospitized or deaths? Are either increasing? How about retesting positives? So many details in the real numbers but so little information splashed in the headlines.

Who thought we would eradicate a worldwide pandemic in a few months IF ever? It was ALWAYS about #FlatteningTheCurve!!! It will weaken,/disappear or we will acquire herd immunity or develope a vaccine and/or better treatments.
There will be a lag on the hospitalization and the death numbers for Florida because at the start of the spike it was driven by younger people who as we know generally do not get seriously ill from this. Now though I think we're at the point where the young have infected older people as it has spread so in the coming weeks hospitalization will start rising, followed by deaths.

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/corona...0200703-c7sxl2abtna4fmb2cjyuneykwq-story.html
Interesting discussion about the possibilities of how Florida may trend and that they seem to be at a crossroads.

Article goes into likelihood that although it's currently increasingly common to see the younger dx in Florida, that it will likely go back into the more vulnerable populations if masks, etc. don't become mandatory and enforced.

Also, how one model shows the possible doubling of deaths in FL by Oct 1 without masks being required.
Those death numbers seem low to me. Once hospitals are full I would expect deaths to also rise exponentially.

We're going back to self-quarantine except for groceries, gas and parks/beaches/springs that we know we can be distanced. There is no way we're going to inside dining (or even patio in this heat) let alone a movie theater. Such a shame as we worked so hard earlier on to be responsible and now are in this situation.

I'm really wondering about how much meaning to put in new daily cases and percent positive in FL. I'm still really worried about the numbers and I'm being as careful as possible... don't get me wrong. I'm just confused about the seeming discrepancy.

I was looking at these charts yesterday that compare the death rate in each state, and I thought they were really interesting: https://www.washingtonpost.com/grap...rus-us-cases-deaths/?itid=lk_inline_manual_20 According to these charts, Florida's death rate has pretty much remained steady-- like many other states. I'm not a data expert, but I just thought this was interesting.

I'm really wondering about how much meaning to put in new daily cases and percent positive. I was looking at these charts yesterday that compare the death rate in each state, and I thought they were really interesting: https://www.washingtonpost.com/grap...rus-us-cases-deaths/?itid=lk_inline_manual_20 According to these charts, Florida's death rate has pretty much remained steady-- like many other states. I'm not a data expert, but I just thought this was interesting.

Florida has been reporting a lot of "pneumonia" deaths that they don't seem to want to admit are COVID

I'm really wondering about how much meaning to put in new daily cases and percent positive in FL. I'm still really worried about the numbers and I'm being as careful as possible... don't get me wrong. I'm just confused about the seeming discrepancy.

I was looking at these charts yesterday that compare the death rate in each state, and I thought they were really interesting: https://www.washingtonpost.com/grap...rus-us-cases-deaths/?itid=lk_inline_manual_20 According to these charts, Florida's death rate has pretty much remained steady-- like many other states. I'm not a data expert, but I just thought this was interesting.
This is the whole idea behind "flattening the curve". When a hospital has enough beds to deal with everyone it won't have as high a death rate.

When you see the "surge" that can only come from exponential growth like you saw in New York/Italy/etc, more people will die from all causes because they just don't have enough resources.

Each country/state/case is different. Not saying Florida will or will not handle it, I have no idea what capacity they have. Without restrictions they are on track to over 50,000 cases a day though by the end of the month, so they will need to have capacity to treat the number of those that will need intervention. Hopefully they do or will.

I'm not from the US but I feel like they could be better equipped than most countries to deal with these surges, because there are a ton of resources other States have that could be moved around to places they're needed more.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter