GRAND OPENING - GRAND CLOSING (Florida)

Hey Florida folks... I just got off the phone with my mom who lives in Florida. She told me she's hearing stories that test results are taking as long as two weeks to come back. Is that true? Is that widespread? She also said she's hearing about problems with accuracy (not sure if false positives or false negatives). I'm not discounting the numbers, but trying to "read" the numbers is hard if there isn't consistency on when and how the numbers are obtained.
My aunt and uncle in Broward County were tested together about two weeks ago. He got his result (negative) after a week, but she still hasn't gotten hers or been retested.

It won't be rest of the state, by far that county is the worst for some reason.They have had masks for almost as long as parts of the north and were only in phase 1 still.
Without restrictions, it will get there eventually. The virus doesn't stop at county lines.

It will not happen unless DeSantis says something. Florida for the most part is pretty conservative.

Meanwhile we’re supposed to send our children back to school here in Florida next month. For me it’s my child, and my wife who’s a middle school teacher.

My DW teaches high school, and we live there too. Also have 3 kids supposed to go back. Was hoping DW could teach virtually again and kids could continue virtually, but this throws that out.

Our districts have already released their plans, and now have to go back to the drawing board. 5 weeks out. Ridiculous.

What is going to happen if the teachers refuse to go back? There is talk about that.......

Teachers who have classes with 30 kids in small rooms and no masks. Not only are they already underpaid, but sheesh.

I know we depend on schools for childcare in our society, but there has to be a better way forward. Not this open 5 day a week mandate.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter