Grand Villa at Kidani or Jambo House?

Castillo Mom

DIS Veteran
Ok, so after a lot of thought I've decided to ditch the idea of staying at BCV in October. My home resort is AKV and last week I booked our family of 11 a 2 bedroom and studio, both savannah view. While I love BCV and the pool, I think AKV may be a better option since we won't be going to any parks. We will be in WDW for a few days prior to our Disney cruise and just want to relax and enjoy the resort. AKV has a lot more activities besides just the pool that the kids and adults alike will enjoy.

That being said I'm second guessing the two villas. My boys and I along with my sister and her family will be arriving a day prior to my SIL's family who I've booked the studio for, so we won't technically need the grand villa for all nights. However, this is a special trip as two anniversaries are being celebrated and I think it would be a nice surprise for my family and I do have the points available.

Therein lies my dilemma. Kidani or Jambo? At Kidani we'd be closer to Community Hall and the pool area has Samawati Springs. At Jambo we'd be closer to the restaurants. The grand villas at Jambo also have a pool table in them and I know the guys in our group would love that! As for the views, not sure which would have better views of the savannah.

Thoughts? Opinions?:)

As far as GVs go, you can't beat Jambo. Keep in mind they are harder to get because there are only a few of them. Since AKV is your home resort, you should get on that reservation as soon as you can.

I can't make a comparison because I have never stayed in Kidani, but our GV in Jambo House was the most magnificent room I have ever stayed in. I dream of the day when I can return!

We were originally booked at Kidani because that was all that was available when we decided to take this vacation, but the Jambo House opened up for our dates just a few months before the trip. I am so glad I made the switch. The kids (kids = early 20's) used the pool table at some point every day. Everything about it was spectacular!

Thanks for your advice everyone! I booked a GV at Jambo House first thing this morning. Now the tough part will be keeping it a secret from everyone until October!

I'm glad you were able to get Jambo.

We stayed with extended family and haven't been anyplace nicer. It was amazing, from the entrance, the pool table, the huge balcony,a dining table that can actually seat 12 to the tv in the master bath.

This will impress everyone. You'll love it. :woohoo:

Just keep telling everyone you have the original units.

Only downside for us was the location was at the end of the hallway which felt like it was a mile from the lobby, especially carrying groceries!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter