Gratuities and more

Waltfan54

Earning My Ears
I am in the process of putting together a budget for an upcoming Disney wedding and would like some feedback on gratuities. I know about the photographer and the usual people, but what about the wedding planner?

I am in the process of putting together a budget for an upcoming Disney wedding and would like some feedback on gratuities. I know about the photographer and the usual people, but what about the wedding planner?

Most bride & grooms give a gift rather than a tip.

We gave our planner a nice bottle of wine and $50.00.
Who else were you thinking of tipping? I just went through this 2/3/12. My DH and I were going through the same questions!
:thumbsup2

Thanks for your response.
The Disney wedding planner does the most work by putting all the ingredients and personal touches into place and to make sure the special day moves along flawlessly. For me a monetary gift I feel is best.

Thanks for your response.
The Disney wedding planner does the most work by putting all the ingredients and personal touches into place and to make sure the special day moves along flawlessly. For me a monetary gift I feel is best.

In the past they weren't allowed to accept money, i'm not sure if this has changed.

I have made some inquiries and found that tipping for them is totally acceptable and welcome. I am not sure what the policy was in the past but it is okay now.

hey Waltfan! your question also made me think, so i made some inquiries myself and found that like some professions (ie: teachers, coaches) there are only so many trinkets they could use/display and being Disney cast members, i'm very sure that they are MM'd out! :) my thoughts too will be monetary and i found this website that may be of help to you. Look for the answer from Sllefebvr http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/t/76104/how-much-do-we-tip-the-wedding-coordinator
she seems to have it together... hope this helps.. it did me: grouphug::cheer2::yay::rolleyes1

I'm shocked at the suggestion not to tip your photographer or a band, why not? I plan on tipping Randy, his fee is so small for the quality of work he does and I feel like that warrants a cash tip. Same for the band suggestion, some of the musicians are really good and their fee seems to small, so I plan on tipping my violinist and guitarist. I look at a tip as a thank you, if they went above and beyond then i like to acknowledge that with a cash tip. I will be tipping my wedding planner somewhere around $50-100. I'm not sure if they can accept cash, if not I will do a Visa gift card (same as cash pretty much but the policies on gift cards to be different than cash).

Here is who we are tipping:
Chartered transportation drivers 20%
voilinist and guitarist 20%
Photographer 20%, if not more
Hair/makeup artist 20%
Wedding planner $50-100, I'm not sure exactly what her fee is because it is worked in to the whole cost of the ceremony at Swan/Dolphin
Our fee for our dinner already includes a 21% gratuity so we probably won't tip the servers unless there is someone who really stood out
Our Pastor is coming down to perform our ceremony for us and didn't want to accept cash so we've paid for his room for 2 nights and will make an extra donation to our church for his services

Our floral already includes a setup and delivery fee so we don't plan on tipping them unless they do a really amazing job

The 'tipping outline' is a good guideline that points out that most photographers and bands are independent and their services/pay are reflective in their contract, but by all means tip those whose service made you feel especially stress free on your wedding day. (You may even want to tip the photographer after you received the proofs with evidence that he captured your wedding to your liking). The time spent with the wedding planner amounts to months, (maybe a year) and the others are several hours.:cheer2::cheer2:

Went searching for a thread like this. I know I need/want to tip for dd's wedding......just curious if there is anyone I should add/or take away/forgetting.

We have,
Bus driver/Transportation
Limo Driver
Vintage Car Driver
Violinist
Photographer (is there only one?) - doubt it
Video (is there only one?) - doubt it
Wedding Planner - won't be there day of wedding
Wedding Planner - day of wedding
Assistant Planner
DJ
Floral

I could go on = there is the reception and dessert party - I am sure quiet a few CMs there......where does it start?End? :rolleyes: -
I cannot see tipping each person we come in contact with..........

(Of course will be tipping Hair and Make up in the room).

I know this is an old thread.........Planning on bringing a bunch of gift cards..............

If you have my guide, there's a detailed list of who to tip at a Disney wedding (and how much) on page 219. I also have this episode of the podcast devoted to tipping at Disney weddings: https://disneyweddingpodcast.com/classic-episode-tipping-etiquette-with-anna-post/

You definitely do not need to tip any of the food service folks because you are already paying a 24% service charge. And you won't see the florist or your sales consultant (probably) that day. Also, keep in mind that tipping is for service that goes above and beyond what you're already paying them to do.

If you have my guide, there's a detailed list of who to tip at a Disney wedding (and how much) on page 219. I also have this episode of the podcast devoted to tipping at Disney weddings: https://disneyweddingpodcast.com/classic-episode-tipping-etiquette-with-anna-post/

You definitely do not need to tip any of the food service folks because you are already paying a 24% service charge. And you won't see the florist or your sales consultant (probably) that day. Also, keep in mind that tipping is for service that goes above and beyond what you're already paying them to do.

Thank you. Just finished listening to your podcast. Confirmed what I thought. Will be purchasing lot's of $ gift cards and a package of thank you cards. Will have them handy. Just not sure if there will be more than one photographer/video person. All good - will have a few extra from whatever I am estimated.

Also, might be safe to assume we will have two different bus drivers (motor coach bus). Doubt the morning one will be same as the evening.

List of things to do just keeps growing.........:D I mark off something and add three more....getting close. Thank you again.

If anyone has advice on tipping on a DCL wedding, I'd love to hear it. The only photography we're doing is the MK Premier Park Portrait. I'm so used to Cast Members in most positions not being allowed to accept tips, this doesn't even occur to me.

Coming back to this thread.......we are a month away...

tipping - a little something

Pastor
Violinist
Bus driver/s - not sure if the evening will be same or different (so one or two)
Van - a few trips
Photographer -2 -
Video - 2 -
Limo Driver
Vintage Car Driver

Wedding Planner - mail to her/drop off - she won't be there wedding day (met her/excellent/can't say enough about her
Wedding Planner that will be there for the day.....my dd will soon speak to her on phone....... will tip her also
Wedding Planner assistant - day of

Assistant - in the office She helped with some calls and some emails......

Of course in the room we will be tipping hair/make up

Hoping we are not missing anyone.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!