Great Adventure or Cedar Point.

Imagineer_Tech

Always And Forever ~ illusionistic
As a coaster fanatic I always debate this. ( And yes I have been to both parks. )

I'm going into detail but before I do i'll just sum it up Great Adventure beats Cedar Point ( Not by much ).

Great Adventure's coaster lineup beats Cedar Point because point and case we have El Toro. El Toro is the tie breaker. Nothing in CP can beat Toro's ejector airtime. Nitro is an amazing B&M. One of their finest. It is ranked under Millennium Force even though it beats it by a long shot. The only reason it's under it is simply because Nitro is at Gadv while MF is at CP. As the CP fanboy's think anything built there is obviously the best. Wrong. Nitro has amazing airtime and is overall an extremely fun ride. Don't get me wrong MF is amazing but in it's own ways but it's speed ruins the ride. Ka and Dragster aren't even coasters to me and anyone who thinks either one is the best coaster on earth really has to ride some more coasters. Cedar Point is generic. Gadv still has some atmosphere.

That's my opinion.

That's an opinion ;)

My opinion is that MF is the best steel coaster in the world

Nitro beats it for the following reasons.

Nitro has floater air in many places while MF only has it in 3.

Nitro has that helix which beats the forces on MF.

Nitro's first drop even though not as steep as MF feels in a word "holy".

MF is 310 feet tall, and you don't have to wait for the lift chain because of the cable lift

CP had the tallest Wooden coaster in the world, Mean Streak

CP has an awesome racer, Gemini

You can't beat the speed and height of TTD (well, except ka)

MF is 310 feet tall, and you don't have to wait for the lift chain because of the cable lift
Added: Height doesn't mean anything from making a ride better and you have to wait for the cable's catch car. A chain lift the train goes right up.

CP has the tallest Wooden coaster in the world, Mean Streak
Added : SOB is the tallest Wood it's 214.

Added : We have a classic. Rolling Thunder.

Added : TTD and KA aren't even coasters.

oh if u are going to great adventure have fun i went there june 9th for my first time and had a blast! it was awesome except i got sick after riding el toro lol i couldnt breathe during the ride but i was ok after. i have never been to cedar point but i think great adventure is amazing and i want to go back and ride a couple of rides

oh if u are going to great adventure have fun i went there june 9th for my first time and had a blast! it was awesome except i got sick after riding el toro lol i couldnt breathe during the ride but i was ok after. i have never been to cedar point but i think great adventure is amazing and i want to go back and ride a couple of rides

You will never get a better line up than Gadv.

You have :
4 B&M's ( Batman, Medusa, Nitro, Superman ) all amazing.
1 Arrow Mega Looper ( Great American Scream Machine ) 1 of 2 left in existance.
1 Intiman Accelerator ( Kingda Ka ) Record breaker.
1 Intiman Wooden ( El Toro ) AMAZING.
O&B Wooden ( Rolling Thunder ) Classic.
3 other small coasters ( The dark knight coaster, Skull Mountain, Mine Train ) All very fun.

You will never get a better line up than Gadv.

You have :
4 B&M's ( Batman, Medusa, Nitro, Superman ) all amazing.
1 Arrow Mega Looper ( Great American Scream Machine ) 1 of 2 left in existance.
1 Intiman Accelerator ( Kingda Ka ) Record breaker.
1 Intiman Wooden ( El Toro ) AMAZING.
O&B Wooden ( Rolling Thunder ) Classic.
3 other small coasters ( The dark knight coaster, Skull Mountain, Mine Train ) All very fun.

yea we went on el toro early and it was record breaking heat tempratures and we had to leave early so we didnt go on too many roller coasters bc it was a class trip but i thought that the dark night was really good and my picture from that ride came out fabulous lol :scared1:

yea we went on el toro early and it was record breaking heat tempratures and we had to leave early so we didnt go on too many roller coasters bc it was a class trip but i thought that the dark night was really good and my picture from that ride came out fabulous lol :scared1:

The Dark Knight Coaster isn't really good IMO. It's a wild mouse in the dark with some cheesy special effects. It's the eqivelent to CP's Disaster Transport only a tad better.

yea it not amazing but with my friends and i all scared it made it funny ok btw i hate skull mountain that is the cheesiest ride and IMO it was horrible why is that ride still there all there is is a pumpkin on a stand and a big skeleton. i was like okk is something gonna pop out is the skeleton gonna move lol

CP had the tallest Wooden coaster in the world, Mean Streak

Sorry, tallest (and fastest, longest drop) wooden coaster is Kings Island's Son of Beast at 218' , 78.4 mph, drop is 214'.
http://www.rcdb.com/rhr.htm?statistic=0&type=2

Also, the woodie with the longest track is The Beast at Kings Island. Second longest is Son of Beast. :thumbsup2

Indiana's Holiday world also has two great woodies in Voyage and Legend.

TTD and Ka just have extremely short tracks and extremely fast runs. There's really not much enjoyment to get out of them. Although, the .1 second of view from the top of TTD is amazing. ;)

I can't compare the two parks as I've never been to Great Adventure.

Sorry, tallest (and fastest, longest drop) wooden coaster is Kings Island's Son of Beast at 218' , 78.4 mph, drop is 214'.

Also, the woodie with the longest track is The Beast at Kings Island. Second longest is Son of Beast. :thumbsup2

TTD and Ka just have extremely short tracks and extremely fast runs. There's really not much enjoyment to get out of them. Although, the .1 second of view from the top of TTD is amazing. ;)

The voyage everyone must take ASAP.

* Blue Streak - Wooden Out & Back (1964) Philadelphia Toboggan Company
* Cedar Creek Mine Ride - Steel Mine Train (1969) Arrow Dynamics
* WildCat - Steel Wild Mouse (1970) Schwarzkopf
* Corkscrew - Steel Looping (1976) Arrow Dynamics
* Gemini - Racing Figure-8 on a wooden frame (1978) Arrow Dynamics
* Jr. Gemini - Steel Kiddie (1979) Intamin AG
* Disaster Transport - Indoor Bobsled (formerly Avalanche Run and outdoor) (1985) Intamin AG
* Iron Dragon - Suspended (1987) Arrow Dynamics
* Magnum XL-200 - Out & Back Hypercoaster (1989) Arrow Dynamics
* Mean Streak - Wooden Twister (1991) Dinn Corporation
* Raptor - Inverted (1994) B&M

* Mantis - Stand-up (1996) B&M
* Woodstock Express - Steel Junior (1999) Vekoma
* Millennium Force - Out & Back Gigacoaster (2000) Intamin AG
* Wicked Twister - Launched Impulse LIM (2002) Intamin AG
* Top Thrill Dragster - Hydraulic-launch Stratacoaster (2003) Intamin AG
* Maverick - Launched LSM (2007) Intamin AG

There are so many roller coasters at CP that I needed wikipedia to list all of them

I bolded the most awesome ones

I said that Mean Streak had the tallest and fastest ;)

ok are we supposed to be debating on wether u should go to cedar point or great adventure i say great adventure

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter