Great Movie Ride closes for Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strong indication of boarding groups/virtual queue to be used. For how long? Who knows. It shouldn't be as hard as RotR.

So it sounds like it will be a choice....either BG for RotR with the associated headaches or MMRR on opening day. Well, I've never done an opening day attraction so my choice is made. Do you think they will announce something prior or will it be the day of?

So it sounds like it will be a choice....either BG for RotR with the associated headaches or MMRR on opening day. Well, I've never done an opening day attraction so my choice is made. Do you think they will announce something prior or will it be the day of?
With Disney who knows lol

They didn’t even really announce it for Rise, expect to find out after you show up that morning.

I should say strong rumors. Latest is disney is strongly considering if not already decides to go with the virtual queue system for MMRR.
I hope they do use a VQ for MMRR if it means avoiding long lines... especially since it's a family oriented attraction appropriate even for small kids, because few people want to stand in line for an hour or more with 2 or 3 year olds.

And if MMRR has high ride capacity, and doesn't suffer from issues like RotR, then the VQ spots will theoretically last a lot longer than a few minutes - maybe even well into the day - making it the best choice.

I am sure this has been said because it is no stretch of the imagination....

My opinion is that DHS should make a choice of Boarding Pass (Virtual Queue) between Rise of the Resistance and Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway for at least the first few months. Both attractions appear to have daily operating problems. They will be both be super popular throughout the Spring 2020. Yes, on a given day you cannot ride both attractions on paper. However, realistically, if they did the potential to get the virtual queue for both on the same day, you probably wouldn't be able to ride both attractions on the same day anyway.

By making it a choice, it will help distribute boarding passes for both rides where it is basically a lottery system with Rise of the Resistance. Both Boarding Passes will still run out very fast. However, it will give you more of a chance to get a boarding pass if you arrive at the park on time and they may be able to open the park at 8:00am with this system too.

Five weeks away from opening. Very interested to see how to access the attraction, how many guests it will accommodate, and how crazy it'll be to try to ride.

My hope is that there is a virtual queue process. Unless a standby line is no more than 15 minutes throughout the day (which seems very unlikely) I'd rather take my chances with a virtual queue / boarding group situation than have to stand in a standby line. But that's just me. I'm very line averse.

Strong indication of boarding groups/virtual queue to be used. For how long? Who knows. It shouldn't be as hard as RotR.
I hope your right. DH and I just decided to head down for the ride opening day. I'd much rather they do BG than just stand by. Waiting around, I can handle. Standing in a line, not at all. Standing is THE.WORSE. of all. Kills the feet like nothing else.

Speaking of heading down, are things as certain as they can be with Disney, that the ride will open on time?
No rumors of delays or anything?
I've not really been keeping up, other than the stuff the Blog is releasing.
I realize until it opens, it's up in the air. Just curious if there are any rumblings of delays

Just saw the video on the blog from today, is it the same ride vehicles?
I thought the same thing and had to watch several times.
They looked very similar but not exactly the same. The overall format is similar but these are rounder, softer, for lack of better words. I think smaller too, but not 100%

Five weeks away from opening. Very interested to see how to access the attraction, how many guests it will accommodate, and how crazy it'll be to try to ride.
Martin of Martinsvids said Theoretical 2400/hour; Operational 1800-2000 guests/hour. If he said it, it's because he knows. That would make it the highest capacity attraction in the park (ignore most of the numbers you see online, they are wrong), which The Great Movie Ride also was.

They've been running 13 hour days mostly recently, so that would translate to 23,400-26,000 riders/day. The last year we have DHS attendance figures for is 2018, when they averaged 31,000 visitors/day. I assume that's gone up somewhat with TSL and SWGE.

My hope is that there is a virtual queue process. Unless a standby line is no more than 15 minutes throughout the day (which seems very unlikely) I'd rather take my chances with a virtual queue / boarding group situation than have to stand in a standby line. But that's just me. I'm very line averse.
I'm interested to see how many guests it removes from the standby queues of other rides. I honestly think we could go from constant 120 minute waits all summer for TOT in 2019 to peak summer waits on TOT at 45 minutes in 2020.

I'm interested to see how many guests it removes from the standby queues of other rides. I honestly think we could go from constant 120 minute waits all summer for TOT in 2019 to peak summer waits on TOT at 45 minutes in 2020.
Yeah. If it is high capacity and doesn’t suffer the same tech issues as RotR (or even the common issues with Test Track, Radiator Springs, or Indy at DL) then maybe a standby line is all it needs to keep people moving thru without a long long wait.

If that’s the case though, it seems like they would pretty quickly implement FP+.

I’ll be there in March, so at this point I’d just like to know what I need to do to ride... surprise FP+ drop, rope drop rush, or boarding group battle. 😂 Anything to avoid an hours long line!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter