Great Movie Ride closes for Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard the same thing and wonder about September too. I would like to see it one last time.

Disney hasn't announced anything about this attraction possibly closing. I'd expect that it will still be open in September.

Disney hasn't announced anything about this attraction possibly closing. I'd expect that it will still be open in September.
Don't be so sure, many have said late summer, early fall, and August was one potential timing. Nothing confirmed though.

For what it's worth, I was making fast pass selections for 8/6/17 thru the 12th and GMR was not an available selection. Didn't even show up on the list.

Did you already make a Tier 1 selection, such as Toy Story or Rock N Rollercoaster? If so, it wouldn't show as available since Great Movie Ride is also Tier 1.

Did you already make a Tier 1 selection, such as Toy Story or Rock N Rollercoaster? If so, it wouldn't show as available since Great Movie Ride is also Tier 1.

Which is bewildering, since it's often a walk-on and/or running at half capacity due to low demand.

I may very well had. It is quite crazy that it's a tier 1 attraction. Seemed like most of the lower tiers are just shows anyway.

I may very well had. It is quite crazy that it's a tier 1 attraction. Seemed like most of the lower tiers are just shows anyway.
Very crazy. I realize they had it there to give those who need a non height restricted ride to get as a Tier 1 FP when TSMM was gone for the day. But I had hoped they'd move it to Tier 2 when TSMM opened a 3rd track and it became more available. But they've left it so I guess it's staying where it is

How long has this been in the works though? Even though this seems 95% official I'm still going to wait for official confirmation just to be sure. Sad to see such a legendary, though extremely out of place, ride go
The replacement is already under construction...

It is? The ride is still open, so what is under construction?

I have no idea the validity of the previous poster's claim. But it would be possible to be constructing some of the animatronics and ride vehicles off-site I would assume, while still keeping the current ride closed. Considering the already limited offerings at DHS, I wouldn't be surprised if they are trying to do more work off-site that usual to minimize the amount of time they only have 4 rides in the entire park. And only one non-thrill ride.

I have no idea the validity of the previous poster's claim. But it would be possible to be constructing some of the animatronics and ride vehicles off-site I would assume, while still keeping the current ride closed. Considering the already limited offerings at DHS, I wouldn't be surprised if they are trying to do more work off-site that usual to minimize the amount of time they only have 4 rides in the entire park. And only one non-thrill ride.
Yes ride vehicles and such are usually constructed off site. I have not heard of anything being started though.

We made FPs for it for 8/17 - not sure if the above poster is a glitch or already made a Tier 1 but it is available the next week.

This will be the first Mickey themed ride at a Disney park unless I am forgetting something other than Mickey's Fun Wheel which is stretch to call it a Mickey themed ride. Kinda hard to believe it took them this long to have ride themed after the parks icon.

My in laws said something about it closing in September, I hope it stays open long enough so me and my husband can ride it, it sounds really fun to go on.

This will be the first Mickey themed ride at a Disney park unless I am forgetting something other than Mickey's Fun Wheel which is stretch to call it a Mickey themed ride. Kinda hard to believe it took them this long to have ride themed after the parks icon.

Ride, yes, I believe - if you broaden it to Attraction you did have the Mickey Mouse Review and obviously Toon Town and stuff like that

Ride, yes, I believe - if you broaden it to Attraction you did have the Mickey Mouse Review and obviously Toon Town and stuff like that

Don't forget Mickey's Philharmagic. While Mickey plays a pretty small role, it DOES have his name in the Attraction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter