Gringotts for someone who doesn’t like coasters??

BelleF

Earning My Ears
Hi!! In a few days I’ll arrive to Universal:dogdance: and I’m trying to help my boyfriend decide the rides he’ll do.
He is fine with simulators, but doesn’t like “falling at a high speed” (his own words haha!)
I know which rides to avoid, but I’m uncertain about others. When I did Gringotts I don’t recall it being a thrill coaster (but I loooove adrenaline, quick turns, loops and stuff like that, so maybe it was and I didn’t realise).
Also, he’s seen the movies and he likes them but he’s not a huge fan, so missing the queue isn’t a big deal for him.
What do you think? Are there any other rides you would avoid (apart from Hulk and Dr Doom)
Thank you!

the first portion is a 90 degrees drop and a couple of turns an then is just a mild ride with no drops or speed, I hate rides but for the sake of knowledge I did ride it and lived to tell the tale. I would never ever ride it again. I’m THAT kind of chicken.

Hi!! In a few days I’ll arrive to Universal:dogdance: and I’m trying to help my boyfriend decide the rides he’ll do.
He is fine with simulators, but doesn’t like “falling at a high speed” (his own words haha!)
I know which rides to avoid, but I’m uncertain about others. When I did Gringotts I don’t recall it being a thrill coaster (but I loooove adrenaline, quick turns, loops and stuff like that, so maybe it was and I didn’t realise).
Also, he’s seen the movies and he likes them but he’s not a huge fan, so missing the queue isn’t a big deal for him.
What do you think? Are there any other rides you would avoid (apart from Hulk and Dr Doom)
Thank you!

Gringotts incorporates both simulation and a roller coaster. The ride does feature a small/medium drop towards the start (depending on people’s perception) To give you warning the level of decline that you are lowered to for the drop feels a lot more than the drop is. Also the drop is over in a very short period of time and so too are the subsequent turns. There is then some very mild spinning and turning. The final roller coaster section does take off relatively fast (but nothing like Hulk or the Mummy). But is over too in a relatively short period of time. The rest of the sections are all simulated.

To give you an idea this would rate 5/10 in terms of adrenaline and intensity. With Hulk, Dr Doom and Hollywood Rip Ride Rocket being 9/10 to 10/10. Depending how you go on the Gringotts ride the Mummy is a little more intense and goes slightly faster. It is also quite rough with sudden stops. I would however highly recommend it (it would rate 6/10 maybe 7/10)

I am not a roller coaster / thrill ride lover AT ALL but I LOVE Harry Potter so I forced myself to ride it and I LOVED it...it did put me out of my comfort zone but that is ok - I have ridden it again several times since and would totally do it again. I am planning to force myself to ride The Mummy on our May trip! :)

I am not a roller coaster / thrill ride lover AT ALL but I LOVE Harry Potter so I forced myself to ride it and I LOVED it...it did put me out of my comfort zone but that is ok - I have ridden it again several times since and would totally do it again. I am planning to force myself to ride The Mummy on our May trip! :)

Definitely do the Mummy. It is a bit more intense and rough than Gringotts, but very much worth it. I am not a thrill seeker but still loved it.

Thanks a lot!!! I told him and he says he may try it so:cool1:. I’m definitely a Potterhead and I really want to share it with him, so we’ll see how it goes. I’ll let you know!!

Gringotts is tame.........it’s not even really a drop.......

It’s more swooshing around than anything with a couple of faster bits........

Hope he loves it though!

I am EXACTLY like your boyfriend. The first time I did Gringotts I sat in back and hated it. I avoided the ride for years before I read in a post to sit in the front row. I asked the cm to sit in the front due to the drop. I almost cried as the leg restraints came down. There is no drop whatsoever in the front row. Now I ride Gringotts every time I go to the park. Make sure you sit it the front row and you will have a great ride free of drops.

I won't ride roller coasters at all and my family makes fun of me for my hatred of "big drops". I do love simulators and side to side turbulence is fine (a la an old fashioned Scambler).

I actually enjoyed Gringotts and would not consider it a roller coaster at all. It's just a twister thrill ride. The drops felt pretty manageable (smallish) and were smooth. I've tried the Mummy and that's the one that bumps against the ceiling of my comfort level.

I hope you and your boyfriend enjoy your trip!

I don't like most rollercoasters either (All the ones at magic kingdom were fine for me) and when going to Universal the first time a couple years ago I totally forgot that Gringotts wasn't a traditional coaster so I opted out of it. Only to realize later that most of the rides at Universal are simulation and I found that I LOVED them. So I'm for sure going on it when we're there again in a couple months. I appreciate everyone else who is chicken of rollercoasters saying that it's not too bad. haha
I also hate big drops. I don't like the feeling of impending death lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!