>> Resort Grocery Delivery FAQ <<

A grocery-order-related question: what size milk will fit into a mini fridge? Does a certain container (plastic jug, carton...) fit better?

I don’t want to place an order for something that won’t fit in our room fridge!

I would try to get a 1/2 gallon with a screw on cap. That way you can put it on its side without leaking, if you have to do so.

yes this is great advice! Also, the freezer compartment will fit very little. I put in a few of those frozen ham and cheese croissant(removed from the box) and a couple of single serve chocolate pies.

I'm getting ready to put in an order with instacart, but I'm not quite clear on how it works to order alcohol. Will they leave alcohol with bell services? I know at some point someone needs to check ID, but I'm not clear on whether it has to be the instacart delivery person. I would much prefer to have my order dropped off with bell services before we actually arrive to our hotel. Any recent experiences?

Thanks in advance!

I'm getting ready to put in an order with instacart, but I'm not quite clear on how it works to order alcohol. Will they leave alcohol with bell services? I know at some point someone needs to check ID, but I'm not clear on whether it has to be the instacart delivery person. I would much prefer to have my order dropped off with bell services before we actually arrive to our hotel. Any recent experiences?

Thanks in advance!

You have to meet the delivery person if you’re including alcohol. We just had beer included in an order Jan 18. I don’t think this is likely to change.

You have to meet the delivery person if you’re including alcohol. We just had beer included in an order Jan 18. I don’t think this is likely to change.

thank you!

so since you don’t have a room number when you order, do you just meet the delivery person in the lobby?

thank you!

so since you don’t have a room number when you order, do you just meet the delivery person in the lobby?

We had a lot of heavy stuff (water, beer, etc) so I met the guy at the front car drop off area. I did have an issue in that the app never told me he was there and I’m not really sure what happened and he didn’t speak English. I had tried sending a chat message on the app and got no response. So eventually I just went up there and hoped he’d be there. But if the chat function is working, the driver should be able to tell you where s/he is. At least bell services out front let me take a cart and transport everything myself so I avoided the $6 fee.

Can someone let me know who besides Garden Grocer will definitely deliver to bell services? We have used GG in the past but their prices have gotten out of hand. We won't be ordering alcohol so that won't be a concern.

We had a lot of heavy stuff (water, beer, etc) so I met the guy at the front car drop off area. I did have an issue in that the app never told me he was there and I’m not really sure what happened and he didn’t speak English. I had tried sending a chat message on the app and got no response. So eventually I just went up there and hoped he’d be there. But if the chat function is working, the driver should be able to tell you where s/he is. At least bell services out front let me take a cart and transport everything myself so I avoided the $6 fee.

Thanks for sharing your experience!

Can someone let me know who besides Garden Grocer will definitely deliver to bell services? We have used GG in the past but their prices have gotten out of hand. We won't be ordering alcohol so that won't be a concern.
Amazon Prime NOW, different from regular Amazon Prime, delivers to Bell Services, unless there is alcohol. For any delivery service, pretty much if there is alcohol, you will need to meet them with your ID.

Dizzy Dolphin Delivery is similar to Garden Grocer in that they are a professional grocery delivery service, though in my experience cheaper than GG for most items [but still more expensive than Amazon Prime Now or Instacart for most items], and will deliver to Bell Services and properly put things away there - including fridging and freezing items as needed.

Amazon Prime Now (which can shop from Amazon Prime Now and from Whole Foods) and Instacart (which shops from Publix and a couple other stores) also both deliver via bell services.

I don't know if Walmart grocery delivery is allowed to deliver to Disney resorts or not. Previously there apparently was a problem with the bags they were using and they refused to change the bags to what WDW considered acceptable so they got banned from dropping things with Bell Services. I don't know if that issue has since been resolved or not.

Is there anywhere around Disney Springs that you can just pick up a few things? I'm thinking some fruit and maybe a loaf of bread? I did read somewhere about a gas station across the street from Disney Springs that might have some things.

We have gone the Garden Grocer route and it is so expensive and the quality of baked goods was so mediocre. And we don't need that much to justify the delivery fees.

It just seems simpler if we could pick up a few small things after dinner at Disney Springs one night.

If you're staying at a deluxe resort with a DVC component, the resort store will carry bread. Fruit, though, is quite pricey at Disney,but bread is about regular price.

Is there anywhere around Disney Springs that you can just pick up a few things? I'm thinking some fruit and maybe a loaf of bread? I did read somewhere about a gas station across the street from Disney Springs that might have some things.

We have gone the Garden Grocer route and it is so expensive and the quality of baked goods was so mediocre. And we don't need that much to justify the delivery fees.

It just seems simpler if we could pick up a few small things after dinner at Disney Springs one night.

The DVC resort gift shops at WDW for the most part have bread, some fruit (think bananas, apples, sold by the single piece -- those are also sold in the food courts/QS at resorts), plus various other food. e.g. Wilderness Lodge at the Mercantile shop, Fort Wilderness, etc. Here is one site [https://www.wildernesslodgesite.com/content/wilderness-lodge-mercantile-0 ] that has pictures to give you an idea -- the specific products may have changed, but you get a sense of what is there. If you do some creative googling you'll find some excellent closer up pictures of what is available at several of the stores.

SW

We're staying at BCV in late April, planning on doing Whole Foods delivery through Amazon Prime (they seem to have a larger selection than Prime Now). Is this essentially the same as a Prime Now delivery in that it will be dropped at Bell Services? Also, I've noted the $6 delivery fee to our room, is that for the entire order or just one bag of groceries?

Is this essentially the same as a Prime Now delivery in that it will be dropped at Bell Services? Also, I've noted the $6 delivery fee to our room, is that for the entire order or just one bag of groceries?

Yes to the Whole Foods delivery, as it uses the same app as Prime NOW. The $6 is per grocery order, assuming they all arrive at the same time.

Last edited:
Just wanted to give my experience with Shipt at All Star Sports. It may have just been our delivery person, but she delivered it straight to our room. Not sure if that is normal, but she had her own pull behind cart like it wasn’t the first time she’d done it.

Dizzy Dolphin Delivery is similar to Garden Grocer in that they are a professional grocery delivery service, though in my experience cheaper than GG for most items [but still more expensive than Amazon Prime Now or Instacart for most items], and will deliver to Bell Services and properly put things away there - including fridging and freezing items as needed.

Amazon Prime Now (which can shop from Amazon Prime Now and from Whole Foods) and Instacart (which shops from Publix and a couple other stores) also both deliver via bell services.

I don't know if Walmart grocery delivery is allowed to deliver to Disney resorts or not. Previously there apparently was a problem with the bags they were using and they refused to change the bags to what WDW considered acceptable so they got banned from dropping things with Bell Services. I don't know if that issue has since been resolved or not.

Walmart will deliver to you if you meet them. Walmart is still using the thin, grey bags though so Bell service area will not allow them to leave the groceries with them. Exception is made to items that would not be bagged anyway: such as 28 pack bottles of water.

Last edited:
For those of you that have ordered from Amazon Prime Now, are the 2 hour delivery windows typically available throughout the day? In other words, if I decide to place an order at 1pm, how likely is it that a 4 to 6pm slot for that day will still be available?

I was debating ordering the night before, but have read reports of items becoming unavailable between the time you place your order and delivery. Also a bit concerned that our room at BCV won’t be ready on time and the items would be sitting at Bell services for a while, but that is a different issue.

I placed my order with Amazon Prime NOW last October at 11am as I was walking through Orlando International on the way to Magical Express. My groceries were delivered at 4pm, I could have chosen an earlier window, but wanted one closer to normal check in times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!