Grocery List

RUDisney

Mom to Ivan & Kristina
Anyone have a grocery list... either that you mail to your resort, take in your luggage, or buy in FL once you're there?

I have my usual things that we take or buy, such as pop tarts, Ritz bitz peanut butter crackers, granola bars. We'll be staying at the BWV this October and I've already started my list. It also includes ziploc bags, coffee & filters, tea bags, sugar and Nestea mix. We usually are in the same snack rut when we go away. I think it'll be interesting to hear what others munch on, or must have at Disney so we "boring" snack people have some new ideas.

Snacks we bring,
Peanuts, cheese cracker w/ peanut butter sandwhiches, fruit roll-ups, rice crispies treats, corn nuts, granola bars, apple sauce "tubes", cheese and crackers. We pretty much try to avoid things that melt, like anything covered in chocolate.

To add to your list...plastic wrap, foil, brillo pad, coffee, hot cocoa, bagged oatmeal, micro popcorn, seasonings for a little gourmet cooking (lol) , laundry tablets and dryer sheets. Some people bring a telfon coated fry pan for fear that there isn't one in the unit. If i think of more i'll let you know.

Here's my list for our next trip - I'm still not sure how much we will mail down and pack and how much we will use netgrocer.com - we have 14 of us in all so we can split things up:
Coffee filters, duncan donuts coffee, peanut butter, jam, fishes, cheese crackers/peanut butter crackers, poptarts, microwave popcorn, cheese doodles, EZ Mac n Cheese, Nutrigrain bars, instant oatmeal pks, cereal singles, crystal light, ice tea mix, pretzels, bisquick, dry creamer, laundry tablets, clorox wipes, antibacterial hand wipes, non-stick pan. During a limo stop at a store: bread, bagels, thomas's waffles, water, juice boxes, beer, fresh fruit, cookie dough, egg beaters, cream cheese, butter, milk & ice for the cooler.

We got premixed salads, dressing, baby carrots, pears and mangos, pop, popcorn, some meats, mini crossaints, bread, fruit snacksand crackers. We also got some food that we ate immediatly like pickles and beef jerky

I got this from this board:

FOOD RELATED tips
Getting ready for our trip, I found this document I had been working on for my family. Thought I'd share it:
Keep a cooler in your room or rent a fridge.
1. Eat breakfast at the room. Pack or purchase at Walmart ($10) a small toaster–can do:
Poptarts, frozen waffles, peanut butter toast, bagels, cream cheese, juice, donuts, other breakfast pastries, cereal, FRUIT, anything that pops into a toaster.
2. Eat your big meal at LUNCH–especially if doing a sit down meal. Try to get the last lunch seating possible–they often start putting dinner food on the buffets around that time and you can actually get ‘dinner" for lunch prices.
3. Take snacks into the park in your fanny park: fruit roll ups, fruit snacks, peanuts, slim jim, beef jerky, peanut butter crackers, combos, small boxes of pretzels, raisins, those Smuckers Peanut Butter and Jelly cracker kits (.99cents at my grocery store), Kraft cheese & crackers, etc.
4. Water is FREE at all of the parks. Any counter service will give you a cup of ice and water for FREE. If your kids won't drink plain water bring Kool-Aid, Gatorade or other powdered drink mix with you (in Ziploc bags) and add to the cup of water.
5. Order water with your meals not soda. It is FREE and your body will appreciate it.
6. Keep peanut butter, jelly, lunchmeat, bread, cold fried chicken, fruit, raw veggies in the cooler/fridge in your room. Check your freezer aisle for things that can be put in the toaster–you'll be surprised.
7. Split meals. Portions are huge and if you can get two people to agree on the same item there will be plenty for two. If you don't think there will be–get an appetizer and split the appetizer and main course. (Or main course and dessert–LOL)
8. Dessert or appetizers only–make reservations for dessert or appetizers only at some the restaurants you want to experience but won't want a full meal at. (This will not work for buffet meals). (Sometimes we go in for appetizer & dessert–in my family that can constitute a meal)
9. Check the prices—sometimes a buffet meal for a family is more expensive than ordering off the menu-because at a buffet EVERYONE is charged, while at other restaurants you can share meals. Check Deb Will's site for prices (www.wdwig.com)
10. Check out the kids meals. Usually a sandwich, chips, cookie and drink. Even for adults this is sometimes enough. (Who can eat in the heat anyway???)
11. Eat at off times–this will save TIME and time is money at WDW.
12. Budget some money for snacks at the parks. If you do the majority of your snacking from your fanny pack the kids will appreciate a "park bought" snack all the more. If your kids are old enough though you may be able to reason with them—If I buy you the $3.00 ice cream cone, you won't have anything to take home. OR I can buy you the $3.00 whatever and you can take it home.13. Ghiradelli's: the sundaes are HUGE—share them.
14. Determine how hungry you really are before you order. A lot of people order from remote control–I need a drink, an appetizer and a main course—and don't realize your appetite can change with the activities you are doing. If you really aren't that hungry don't order all that food. You can always order more food–but once ordered you are paying for it–regardless if you eat it or not.

Now this is my list........:bounce: :bounce: :) :bounce: :bounce:

We had a 2 and a half day drive to Florida from Canada and we were on a very strict budget.

We had a large brown box and each week when we did our groceries we would buy one or two items for the box..... It added up very quick and we had snacks for the entire 16 day trip and both drives to and from Florida.

Here is a sample of what we bought: (some we ate on the way , some we ate there)

Granola bars (not the soft type)
Cheese and Crackers
Peanut Butter and Crackers
Different Candies
Lolly pops
microwave popcorn (we had a microwave in our hotel room)
Crackers (in individual packages)
Soda pops in cans
Water bottles that we froze to drink and keep other stuff cold
A Brita water jug and filter to refill our water bottles (froze 4 at a time for each day)
We had small snak size Chocolate bars that we bought for Halloween (got a very good deal)
Lots of sandwhiches that lasted us 2 days
On the first day we had salads in plastic containers
Pringles (not very messy)
Pretzles
Dry cereal in individual packages
Beef Jerkey (home made)
Juices and Gatorade
Fruit cup
Jell-o cups
Puddings
Large container of Cashews and ziplocks to devide them up for several days
Bagels (pre-cut and Pre-creem cheesed)
Cookies and Fig newtons in individual packages
Bretons and Easy Cheese for my fiance
Muffins
Celery and Carrot sticks
Lunchables (meat, cheese, crackers and a dessert)

We would carry around a variety of snacks each day at the parks and would return to the car each day for lunch and a break.
We saved a lot of money and time doing this.
Hope these ideas were helpfull
:cool:

Along with the normal crackers and cheese and chips we always bring Gogurt for the kids. We stick them in the freezer when we check in to the BWV and the kids have a nice cool treat in the park.

That's a great idea about the gogurts. My kids love them and it is a way to keep them cold for a mid-morning snack.

What did our parents do before gogurt, drinkable yogurt, and sprinklin's yogurt?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter