Grocery stops on way to UO and will bell services hold refrigerated items?

magickingdomprincess

DIS Veteran
What is the best place to stop for a few groceries on the way to PBR? Publix on Sand Lake Rd? Walmart on John Young Pkway? Is there a close Super Target on the way? I'd prefer Target, but the one I see on the way didn't seem like it was a SuperTarget, but I could be wrong.

Also, we'll be moving to Disney after a few nights, will bell services hold our refrigerated items while we tour before we move?

Thank you!

Closest (and nicest) is going to be the Publix on Sand Lake Road. There is a Super Target that is located right near the Millenia Mall but it's about a 20-minute drive. There is also a Wal-Mart on Kirkman, but I wouldn't recommend that one or the one on John Young Parkway.

If you are thinking of the Target by The Florida Mall, it is most definitely not a Super Target. I made that mistake and we then ended up at the Publix on Sand Lake Rd which was more than adequate for our needs and easy/convenient access. The closest Super Target to Universal is the one by the Mall at Millenia (as per the pp) but not really convenient if you're trying for a direct route to Universal although is close to Universal - it took us about 15 minutes from PBH. (I love Target so that was my first choice).

Hard Rock held our cold stuff the day we checked in so I would think they would do check out too.

Note: In Florida, you must buy one to get one free (so you have to buy 2) unlike some states where you can get one for half price.

We stopped at Wal Mart last year...never again, we'll only go to Publix. We stopped it had to be about 11 at night, and the place was packed! We get in late this year, I'm waiting until the next morning and heading to Publix!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter