Grocery stores open on Thanksgiving day?

cadenleesmom

Earning My Ears
We arrive on Thanksgiving and we are staying at Vista Cay. What stores are going to be open to get some groceries? I really don't want to wait until the next day because we are going to Discovery Cove bright and early.

Thanks!

I know Publix grocery stores are closed on Thanksgiving. I do believe Winn Dixie grocery stores have limited hours something like 7am to 4pm.

Hmmm....maybe we will just wait until after Discovery Cove. We can grab some snacks at a gas station and the basics. Breakfast is included at Discovery Cove so I can go after we get home from there. I guess we will just HAVE to eat out on Thanksgiving! :-)

We arrive on Thanksgiving and we are staying at Vista Cay. What stores are going to be open to get some groceries? I really don't want to wait until the next day because we are going to Discovery Cove bright and early.

Thanks!
You will find stores like CVS and Walgreens open. The tourist-zone store will often carry more food items that you local store would.

I was hoping stores would be open on Turkey Day but we may have to change our grocery day to Friday. For some reason i was thinking they would be open given the number of tourists that visit during this time

Walmart doesn't care about their employees. They should be open by late afternoon on Thanksgiving. By the time Winn Dixie closes Wal Mart should be almost ready to open

You could bring most of your food. Stop in a drugstore, gas station mini Mart, or other convenience store and pick up perishables.

We stayed at Vista Cay several years ago. We LOVE the Publix adjacent to the complex. We drive out to that location when we’re on vacation in Orlando even though there are several locations much closer.

We will need to plan accordingly! This thread made us think about groceries as we we have never traveled on a holiday like this.

If you plan on eating out, book soon...Time are filling fast...I had a sudden change in my plans and I had trouble find a good place with decent times...Right now all the Disney places are fully booked. A lot of the I Drive places are filling fast

Whole Foods is open from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day. I just checked their website: https://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/orlando

I had a feeling they'd be open since their stores in NYC are as well.
Thanks for the tip. We arrive on Thnaksgiving day.
Hubs didn't want to eat where I booked at Raglan road because last time they had no traditional meal. Now I see on their web page they will have it this year. Went back to rebook and nothing available except 12:45 pm which is when we land.

WalMart and Target will both be open for Black Friday shopping at 6pm on Thanksgiving. It will be a madhouse, but they will be open.

Fresh Market freshmarket.com is open 8-3p and has prepared meals. We've ordered a meal for $49.99 that we can heat in the villa. They are half the cost of Whole Foods.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter