Growing moss.....

Marion

<font color=blue>Go Blue Jays!!<br><font color=#FF
My first post in the new forum....glad it's here! :) This may be an odd question but I caught the tail end of a talk show (City Line for you canucks), and they had just finished talking about growing moss on some sort of lawn ornament. Seems they combine moss with yogurt and spread it wherever they want it to grow. Does anyone here know anything about this procedure and if so, what is the ratio of moss to yogurt and do you have to completely dry and crumble the moss first....or am I totally delusional and dreamed the whole yogurt thing??

And if it does not grow you can drink it.... :D

Thanks for the link Snowwark....definitely something I want to experiment with this year...if winter EVER lets up here! lol

NHMickey: eeeeewwww!:eek:

Not a fan of moss. I seems to grow everywhere in my yard. Brick, stones, foundation, lawn and trees.

Actually many years ago on the old PBS Victory Garden Show, Jim Crockett did a show on growing moss. Never realized how many kinds of moss there were.

It was grown in a rock garden under a tree. It was quite beautiful with all its many colors.

I like moss...I started some going under my snowball bush because nothing else will grow there (except weeds of course) and the moss looks good, keeps the weeds out and doesn't need mowing. I found a different variety in the school yard I'm going to "rescue"...it grows in small round mounds.....looks cool.

Ooooohhh....thanks Mamu.....what a great link!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter