Guardians to replace UoE and Ratatouille coming to Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, and from those it isn't a "queue" in the sense of an indoor line but taht it is more of an open air square - so not sure if all of that is actually the queue or more of a side street that gets you to the queue area that is in the show building (but I marked it as queue as that is how you would get to the attraction)
It will be a side street to the ride.

My guess is that the additions also block some of the backstage views for the gondolas???? I hope. My faith isn't very high in that though.

But she is only dreaming about time travel.

Or was she time traveling via her mind? Just like how many licks it takes to get to the center of a "Charm Blow Pop". We may never know.
x240-w6m.jpg

Also why is this kid naked? We may never know.

Last edited:

Wasn't the answer 2 licks?

(plus, I think was Tootsie Pops, not Blow Pops :duck:- of course, we're dating ourselves here )

Wasn't the answer 2 licks?
(plus, I think was Tootsie Pops, not Blow Pops :duck:- of course, we're dating ourselves here )

LOL, you're right. I got my pops mixed up, must have been because of the horrible commercial where the kids kept saying "That's a Blow Pop...from Charm." and the one dumb kid says "A What?". Luckily the kids were not naked in that one.

In the "Tootsie" one that evil Mr. Owl tricks the naked kid into letting him have his lollipop. He doesn't even try to see how many licks it takes. Ever since then I haven't trusted an owl.

Last edited:
I want to know when Aliens started to = the Future. "Guardians" and "Stitch don't even take place in the future. Yet they are in lands called Tomorrowland and Futureworld.

Over in Disneyland "Star Tours" is an attraction in Tomorrowland as well. Even though at the beginning of the first film it says "A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away."

Oh well, I guess Disney just started putting things where ever they wanted to. Thus we are getting "Frozen" and "Guardians" rides in parks they don't belong.

I agree basically with what you said, but I guess because they deal with SPACE and "space is the final frontier", yada-yada-yada, those attractions could be considered a fit for lands with a futuristic theme. Those don't bother me as much as say where Frozen or the Indy speedway are located.

I agree basically with what you said, but I guess because they deal with SPACE and "space is the final frontier", yada-yada-yada, those attractions could be considered a fit for lands with a futuristic theme. Those don't bother me as much as say where Frozen or the Indy speedway are located.

Yeah, I guess Disney feels it's close enough. We have seen worse land and attraction combos. Hollywood used to have sections of the park based on the decades. But since Hollywood opened that has gone completely out the window. They've just have been shoehorning attractions where ever they want the past 30 or so years. Now "Frozen" and "Star Tours' are in the 50's area and "Rock n Roller coaster" is the next door neighbor to the "Tower of Terror" and "Beauty and the Beast".

Last edited:
I still don't know how they're going to reconcile the front of the park Hollywood streets with the new Star Wars land and the new Mickey ride. It will seem even more of a jumble of themes, none cohesive.

I still don't know how they're going to reconcile the front of the park Hollywood streets with the new Star Wars land and the new Mickey ride. It will seem even more of a jumble of themes, none cohesive.

I actually love Hollywood Boulevard as is, it is the parks equivalent to Main Street U.S.A. And much like Main Street it can coexist with its various lands.

I think a redo can work, but they have to be willing to spend a lot of money to fix it. Much like they had to when they botched California Adventure. No one in California wanted to go to a park that just showed things in California. So they added in "Bugs Land" and "Cars Land" and VOILA, it's a much better park.

Last edited:
I actually love Hollywood Boulevard as is, it is the parks equivalent to Main Street U.S.A. And much like Main Street it can coexist with its various lands.

I think a redo can work, but they have to be willing to spend a lot of money to fix it. Much like they had to when they botched California Adventure. No one in California wanted to go to a park that just showed things in California. So they added in "Bugs Land" and "Cars Land" and VOILA, it's a much better park.

I agree with this sentiment. There can be a ton of themed lands that are all "tied together" by Hollywood Blvd. The DCA example is great because it's pretty much exactly how it will work here. Mickey ride will still have the Chinese Theater as the facade, so no changes there.

I agree with this sentiment. There can be a ton of themed lands that are all "tied together" by Hollywood Blvd. The DCA example is great because it's pretty much exactly how it will work here. Mickey ride will still have the Chinese Theater as the facade, so no changes there.

Plus the new Mickey shorts actually look very similar to the style Mickey was drawn as in the 1930's so fits the time period too

As long as they keep the Citizens of Hollywood I will be happy

I am so excited at the amount of love Epcot is getting! I need to get into Guardians I think. XD For those who are saying it doesn't fit, don't look a gift horse in the mouth. People have been crying out for Epcot to get some love for years, don't bemoan it just because it didn't happen exactly as you imagined it would.

And as a Brit who has ridden Ratatouille twice in Paris, you guys are seriously in for a treat! Can't wait to see it reproduced across the pond!

Anyone still having a hard time picturing the placement of The Rat, I took a screenshot from Google Earth from the same approximate viewpoint as the artist rendering. We are backstage, behind and to the right of the current France pavilion. You can see World Showcase Lagoon in the upper left and you can see Morocco, Japan, AA, Italy, etc:

PDPpg33.jpg

rat2340987fi-jpg.253361

And here's a super-quick, very minimal effort mashup I did of the 2 photos. Sorry it isn't very high quality, and of course the artist's renderings never have perfect perspective anyway:

LRgGhcc.jpg

It looks great Ucf, I can't wait for the new expansion. When it opens I'm going to dance in France with no pants. Even though I know I can'ts.

I wonder... why does it say Kitchen Calamity on the main building??? And also, what are they are planning for the buildings on the right??? Questions, Questions I NEED TO KNOW AHHHHHHH...HHHHH...

inhale... exhale...

I'm sure we'll learn eventually.

At least guardians in Epcot means tower in studios is safe. I know that rumor died off a while ago, but I'd rather see Ellen axed instead of twilight zone

Tower of Terror has always been my favorite ride and I thought I wouldn't want it to be changed. Just got back from DL and D23. OMG - Guardians is awesome! It was so much fun! The different music tracks and the elevator bounces to the beat! More drops. Loved it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter