"Guests under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian"

jsilvers

DIS Veteran
Before I call ABD and ask, I'm curious about others' experiences with bringing a child not their own on an ABD trip. The language on the ABD website if read literally suggests that you can't (short of going to court to get legal guardianship papers), but I have a hard time believing that there isn't a form that would authorize grandparents to take grandkids, etc...

Before I call ABD and ask, I'm curious about others' experiences with bringing a child not their own on an ABD trip. The language on the ABD website if read literally suggests that you can't (short of going to court to get legal guardianship papers), but I have a hard time believing that there isn't a form that would authorize grandparents to take grandkids, etc...

There has to be because I've traveled with a number of grandparents and grandchildren.

This is from the FAQ on ABD's website:

• Do I need special documentation to travel with Children?
    Some countries on Adventures by Disney vacations have specific entry requirements for children under 17 who are traveling internationally without both parents. Usually, a notarized letter, signed by the parent or parents not traveling with the child and stating the child's name, adult guardian's name, itinerary, dates of travel, and flight information, is required. To ensure smooth travel, Adventures by Disney requires all travelers to comply with the regulations for the country you are visiting. This information is available from each country's consulate. Adventures by Disney is not responsible for the disruption of travel caused by improper documentation for any travelers, including children traveling without both parents. For specific documentation requirements, U.S. residents, consult www.state.gov or the applicable foreign consulate. Non-U.S. citizens, please check with your consulate. Please also see the destination-specific FAQs or contact a Vacationista for more information.
Emphasis is theirs.

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter