Gulf State Park Dismeet 2018: Sand, Sun, and Puzzles...

https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...f-state-park-in-may-june-2016.3462415/page-41

This is the link to the 2016 Dismeet. Page 41 I believe. If you go halfway down you'll see the big plug of meat wrapped up. I had posted the story, but apparently it was deleted :sad2:

In a nutshell we needed to cut that plug of meat up and our tools wouldn't do it. So we took it to a local market that had told us via phone that they could do it for us. Problem was by that time we had removed the plastic wrap that included the FDA inspection information sooooooo...it turns out it was a felony....:scared:

Yikes!!!! Thanks for the explanation. When I read the first page, I kind of chuckled because it sounded like something that could only happen to us. We are very much a traveling side show. :smooth: Not intentionally, but something big time stupid always seems to happen to us.

I looked, it wasn't deleted.

I could of sworn I put the story in there. Thanks for looking. I wasn't intoxicated...

Just must be my Alzheimer's kicking in. Maybe it was the head injuries...

Appreciate it Denise.

Anyway, there ya go in a nutshell. Folks at the store were eventually great about it after the initial shock wore off.

Y’all can count us in for any meets since we have a camper again. Just let us know the dates and we are in!!

Bishoparc,

It looks like most of us are coming in Thursday or Friday before Memorial Day and staying most of the following week. We look forward to meeting you.

j

Well our camping crew is down one. Unfortunately one of our rescue dogs could not get along with the other and we had to send Diesel back. So Reba will be camping with us. They kept fighting, and could not get along. We tried, but they were not making any progress. Sad, but someone will adopt him and give him a good home.

AAA+++ for the effort, too bad it didn't work out. I'm sure Diesel will have a new forever soon enough

Wife was asking today how my finger felt. I said not much feeling in it, sometimes a bit tingly. She asked me how deep the wound was, I said to her, I didn't put a ruler in it. Her reply was should have gone to the ER. I said really, so I could sit for hours, see a nurse who would tell me they will not stitch it, might super glue it, put a band aid on it and send me home with a big bill. Told her, that is ok, I will live, and it will heal up fine, cleaned it out with peroxide and keep it bandaged.

Um does not sound good. Hopefully it’s done bleeding.

It stopped bleeding shortly after it happened. Rinsed it, dried it out, put gauze on it, and wrapped in coflex. It actually is looking good. Having been an EMT, know how to take care of wounds.

Tell the truth. After the cat scan and other concussion protocols did they check the finger?

A sort of short update. So far so good on the sewage issue in the camper. I kept it open and had 3 big fans blowing in the open holes until I got the dehumidifier in from Amazon. So far the smell is gone and no signs of damage or discoloration to the walls. Now it seems I had something change and I have water dripping into the camper from one corner of the small bedroom slide. This camper has never leaked and leaks are why I had to trade my old one in. This is the same room where the accident occurred but this is not related. I placed a large pan under it until I can deal with the problem. I believe some silicone turned loose in the gaskets in the corners. Did I mention we have had bed thunderstoms once every day this week.

But for now I'm making three trips a day to visit my oldest daughter. She got sick again for the umpteenth time and is on the ventilator in ICU. Really bad timing since Disney opened June up to Silver passholders. My daughter, My ex and her daughter all have silver passes. I was trying to throw together a trip before I start work soon. Now that looks like a loss. My life always seems to be in kaos.

I promise I will get on the travel agent thig later this week or early next week. Hope everyone is doing good, Joe.

Last edited:
Hope all goes well with your daughter. Take care of your family 1st.

Thank you Tigger 92662. She is doing much better now. The problem is she has bad lungs and once they get her in the hospital it's a chore to get her back out. We've delt with this for 27 years. She is the cause of my Disney addiction and it's her happly place. I was looking forward to surprising her with an unplanned trip. But this is my last weekend off until maybe a year from now. Starting the new job I won't have vacation for a good while.

Thank you Tigger 92662. She is doing much better now. The problem is she has bad lungs and once they get her in the hospital it's a chore to get her back out. We've delt with this for 27 years. She is the cause of my Disney addiction and it's her happly place. I was looking forward to surprising her with an unplanned trip. But this is my last weekend off until maybe a year from now. Starting the new job I won't have vacation for a good while.

Glad she is doing better. Hopefully you can find that pesky leak. And hmmm, an unplanned Disney trip...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!