Gulfport MS, anyone in area, need some local info

PaHunter

Reasonably Knowledgable Individual.
Guys, I know it is not related to Disney. But looking for some information on a company in Gulfport. American Truck Showrooms ? Any information ?? Good, bad, ?? They have a truck I might be interested in, but of course, it is a little ways from PA.

Home state, I'm about 1-2 hours north. I watch their website as well looking at their rigs. Haven't heard much about them though.

Home state, I'm about 1-2 hours north. I watch their website as well looking at their rigs. Haven't heard much about them though.

They have at least one truck I was interested in, and was just wondering if anyone had heard anything about them. Will let you know what I find out on my search. We will be waiting until after the Rally next month to buy, but may have new tow vehicle for GSP. We will see how things shake out.

Wow! Great to know. Some of those comments paint a horrible picture.

Some of the comments are even worse than that.

Yes, sounds like a less than reputable outfit. I do have a few that have been looking at, most are out in the midwest. A couple have come from the Heavy Hauler Resource Guide, from the Escapee's forum. They are mostly HDT owners and quite a few are full timers. Have one truck I have to call the dealership about that is in Illinois. Also have one or two closer to home, but they are stretching the budget a little more.

Have you looked at this place in Shippensburg? https://www.truckmartllc.com/ Not sure if you are looking for a class 8 or not. Just one that I remember seeing on my way home from the Fort in Feb.

I have looked at their website. I was hoping to go there last week, while the wife was out of town for work. And then we got a foot of the white stuff, so I will be headed there this week to talk with them. It is about 20 mins from work, and an hour from home. See what they have and let them know what I am looking for, maybe they can find something or at least keep their eyes open.

Yes we are looking at Class 8 trucks to replace our one ton.

Let me know where in Illinois and I can help you check it out.

j

Thank you very much. I have looked at a few thru CIT. One of the trucks I am looking at is in Normal. Have to talk further with the dealership, about price, etc. But Illinois is not too far to either drive out and pick up, or fly out and drive home over a weekend off.

Normal is about 2 hrs north of me and pretty close to Melissa (@ilovedisneymm) It's also a lot closer to you than MS.

Let me know if there is anything I can checkout for you.

j

Normal is about 2 hrs north of me and pretty close to Melissa (@ilovedisneymm) It's also a lot closer to you than MS.

Let me know if there is anything I can checkout for you.

j

J,
Thanks again. I will let you know if I need any help. Appreciate it greatly. We will see how the search continues.

J,
Thanks again. I will let you know if I need any help. Appreciate it greatly. We will see how the search continues.

Be watching along as well. Interested in the idea myself.

Be watching along as well. Interested in the idea myself.

Tiggerdad,

We are looking at a HDT for the safety side of it. My 3500 is within the limits of my trailer, and we get good fuel mileage. But sitting higher, better brakes, pretty much equal fuel mileage. They of course are used to towing up to 80K, so a 16K RV trailer is nothing. We will of course keep everyone posted.

IMG950713.jpg

It's overkill but it's cool looking,

IMG950714.jpg

I get some funny looks and thumps up, but your right PaHunter, it's easy to stop, (no trailer brakes) feel more in control and with 250 gallons of fuel you can plan out your fuel stops for the cheaper fuel prices.

I get some funny looks and thumps up, with 250 gallons of fuel you can plan out your fuel stops for the cheaper fuel prices.
What kind of mileage are you getting? I would think with no weight and a lower trailer, you'd get close to 10 or better. With 250 gallons, I could make a round trip from StL.

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!