Had my trip idea trounced on......

Can I ask what your "private stash" is??? The way you phrase it makes it sound like drugs. :laughing:

My "private stash" is my Altar and accompanying tools - I'm Wiccan. Sorry....was trying to get around that on the Boards....not too many people can relate or understand. Basically, she was "showing off" her Mommy's witchc stuff to her friends.....which is a way big no-no in our house. First, it's sacred tools. Second, no one needs to know what religion we practice as a family and I'd like to keep it that way (where I live is not too tolerant - even if it is South Jersey).

And to the poster who said private school may be an option: look up Salem County, NJ on the Internet. We are a poor farming community. We are the garden part of the State. There are no private schools unless I go two counties North and that's an hour's drive. We don't even have a local Catholic school anymore or I'd look into that. The teacher stated that if she reads in class "it will be a distraction to other students". As my previous post said, the superindent told me it was her call because it was her classroom. So, my daughter stares out of the window for most of the day.....what a productive way to sepnd her time. ;)

Anyhow, I am already planning for our family vacation to WDW next year and we have many little trips we will be taking throughout the next few months; I just thought I would treat my son to something extra-special. Like I said, I had read some trip reports where other parents did that and thought it would be a fun time with my son.

I have heard many parents who take 1 child. I personally would not do it, but also do not think it makes you a bad mom for wanting to.

I do agree though that you should do something for your daughter to get her through the year, if she is having such a hard time. Doesn't the school have AP classes? Our school district is dirt poor and overcrowded and we still have those. The plus is the school year is more than hald over.

Nope, no AP classes....at least, not until high school and I'm hoping, by then, she WILL have enough to keep her busy. They don't have gifted & talented for her grade - I've asked. I've even threatened with the "No Child Left Behind" and I'm disregarded. Oh, well....soon the school year will be over and she won't have to deal with that anymore.

Wow, I wonder if she could be tested and qualify for an IEP as a gifted student. That happens in our school district, it's not just for mentally or physically disabled students.

I'm sorry that she's not allowed to do extra work or read during class - that seems almost illegal. If you'd want to hire a lawyer and pursue it, you could probably win some accomodation for her.

Since you're in New Jersey, maybe you could plan a trip for you and your son to Philadelphia or New York. Stay in a hotel and do some special activities together. That would be a nice mommy-son type thing and not as big as Disney. Or even go to Ocean City for a couple days alone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter