Had points going to expire - so planned one crazy trip!

Antonia

DIS Veteran
We have no park tickets other than MNSSHP!
Day#1: BRV (VWL) - going to Moonlight Magic @ HS.
Day #2: BWV - no plans for this day. Might do a water park or just hang at pool at WL until we move to BWV. Will probably go to BLT in the evening to watch EWP and fireworks.
Day #3: BWV - MNSSHP - get in MK at 2 pm! Was able to get 3 FPS.
First trip ever having no APs or park hoppers.

Anyone have any suggestions on things to do or do better?

Any day at WDW is better than a day at work, school, doing yard work, etc; so no plan is bad.
Suggestions depending upon what you are into:
sports: golf, mini-golf, fishing, marathon, bowling, ESPN Club, WWS/ESPN Zone, etc
shopping: DTD, area outlet malls, large scale malls
drinking: Jellyrolls, Raglan Road, monorail tour of resorts, walking tour of resorts in the Boardwalk area
movies: DTD 24 screen theater some with meals served by waiters
night clubbing: Jellyrolls, Atlantic Dance, Raglan Road, Citywalk
resort tours: monorail tour of resorts, Boardwalk around the lake tour of resorts, horse drawn tour of FWC, AKL/AKV
offsite: Gaylord Palms Resort, Citywalk, swamp tour
eating: Formal GF 5* Chef's Table @ V&As

We played mini golf at the place which is across the street from the Swan and Dolphin. I was determined to do new things this past trip, and I had never done that before. If you are at BWV, that would be convenient.

If the weather is not good, and you are hanging out at Wilderness Lodge, there are seating areas on the 4th floor as you walk around the area which is open to the lobby. One even has a long desk which several people can use. Unfortunately, most of the seats are uncomfortable, except for one couch. The BRV building has common areas where you can sit as well.

I ate at Whispering Canyon Cafe at Wilderness Lodge on a non-park day. There has been a lot of talk about it lately (shenanigans? Less shenanigans?) so I wanted to check it out. I ate a late lunch and did not need an ADR.

Some people like riding around in the boats that go from Wilderness Lodge to Magic Kingdom, or Fort Wilderness and Contemporary. But you only want to do that if it is not raining.

There are things to do at Fort Wilderness, but I didn't look into that.

We winter (Nov through mid-April) on the FL gulf coast and have several hundred DVC points with a March 1 expiration. We try to be in a perpetual borrowing position but occasionally life (weddings, grandchildren, parents) causes us to miss big trips or cruises for a year. When we realize in the fall that we have points expiring in the spring that can't be banked, we go to whatever is available in WDW, usually Saratoga Springs, and just hang out.....no parks. We go to Disney Springs almost every day, ride the monorail, the boardwalk, swim, hit the outlets or mall. We've even taken granddaughter, age 3, to Disney Springs and she was as happy riding the train and merry-go-round as she would be at park.

Last trip without tickets I made a list of foods/snacks I wanted to try/eat that were not in parks. Ooey gooey butter cake sundae at Boardwalk, beignets at POFQ, peanut butter pie at contemporary, peanut butter sundae at beaches and cream, etc. After that I didn't swim because I wasn't exactly feeling beach body ready. Haha!
Have fun!

Day #2: BWV - no plans for this day. Might do a water park or just hang at pool at WL until we move to BWV. Will probably go to BLT in the evening to watch EWP and fireworks.

For day 2 I would get some lunch or drinks/apps at Disney Springs after transporting my gear to BWV.

Why is that a crazy trip? We are flying in from San Diego for a 3n stay at OKW anchored by two events: MM@HS and MNNSHP@MK. No other park tickets, no other plans. We have an early flight home on our final morning ... arriving San Diego by noon'ish. My husband has a 3p flight out, same day, to HI. We plan to bring two trucks to airport parking on our departure ... leaving his HI bags in one. On landing, we'll take the shuttle to the parking lot, grab my truck and his HI bag and I'll bring him back to the airport for this next flight. Now, that is crazy given the tight turn around! The WDW portion is easy-breezy!

Spend the day at Disney Springs
Spend the day? :crazy: Nuts. (Yeah, I'm getting old. Not my kind of place.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter