Hagrid’s coaster plus size question

Lanie27

Earning My Ears
Sorry if this question has been answered in another thread, but has anyone riden Hagrid’s coaster who is plus sized. For reference I am 5’6’’ and an American size 20. I also have thick calves. I don’t want to wait in line only to discover I can’t fit.

They do have a test seat at the front before you enter the line. I'm 5'7", my pants size is an 18 and I fit fine in the motorbike. I haven't tried the sidecar yet. But I have read it helps to pull the lap bar down as you sit instead of sitting, then pulling it down. It is a little difficult climbing over the side car into the motorbike, but it's manageable.

There is an older thread that still has valid info
Use the search button to pull that thread up

Peeps list their clothing size, weight and measurement and which rides they did or did not fit

(My computer is down and I’m using the iPhone presently and can’t pull up the search )

https://www.disboards.com/threads/person-of-size-on-hagrid’s-new-ride-question.3754970/
Not many people make comments on this thread, but someone posted a video of a person making a vlog about it. We've discussed it on and off on the main Hagrid thread, but it would be hard to find the particular's on sizing in that post as there are too many pages. However, the common theme is that the bike is more roomier and comfortable than the bike cart. As others have stated you can do a test seat prior to getting into the queue, but I would imagine a size 20 should be fine.

Thank you. The video had some very helpful information. I do think I'm going to have to try the testing seat when I get there. I had searched the main Hagrid thread but like you said there were so many pages I could find the info I needed.

I posted this a few weeks ago - this was my recent experience, not only for Hagrid, where I did ride in the side car but also all the other rides.

Just got back and rode everything I wanted to ride. I am 5"7" 255#'s
I wear a Torrid 18 in pants and a 1 in shirts, a Lane Bryant 16 in pants, 18-20 in shirts and the XXL in tops from Old Navy along with a 42F bra.
I looked over several youtube videos before we left to get an idea about size restrictions. Like many have said, it really depends on ones measurements. My DS is 6'4" 250#'s he rode everything. My DD is 5'10" 225#'s and also rode everything. My kids while different in height have an identical inseams, we laugh about it because when they stand side by side, their waist is at same height.

I skipped Hulk and Rocket as I just can't handle the extreme twists, turns and upside down stuff anymore, I get sick, it sucks. However, I did try out both tester seats and could have ridden them. I rode everything else without issues.

I used all the tester seats ahead of time. I know it can be embarrassing or intimidating but honestly, who the heck cares, you are never go to see these people again and its better to try them than to take that walk off a ride where everyone in your row has to vacate so you can leave because you don't fit. We saw this happen twice, once was in our row. I felt so bad for these people and wondered if they had skipped the tester seats or just didn't know about them.

One of the line attendants on Hagrid suggested to my DS that he take a motorcycle due to his height but nothing was said to my DD and like I said, when it comes to legs, they are identical - they both took the bike, I took a side car and we all rode with no issues.

Forbidden Journey has a lot to do with chest/tummy size as that is the bar that comes down and must click the multiple times - the ride operators are great, they will ask and then give it a good push. I was able to self click myself in but I saw them assist many.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!