Hairdryers

Bonnie

DIS Veteran
I was just wondering whether it's more advisable to take my own travel hairdryer or to just borrow one from the hotel. I guess my main questions are:

1. Do you have to pay a deposit to borrow one?
2. Are they easy to borrow?
3. Can you borrow for the duration of your stay or do you have to keep going back and forth from reception? Claire usually has her showers in the evening and I have mine in the morning, so that would be quite a lot of traipsing back and forth if we had to keep returning it and requesting it again!

We'll be staying at the Sequoia Lodge. ::MickeyMo

I always took my own travel kettle rather than hire/borrow one. I would recommend the same for hair dryers.

There were hairdriers in every hotel I went (Kyriad, New York, Newport Bay club)... I just use it to remove steam on mirror... :rotfl2:

Ive stayed in the SL but cant for the life of me remember if there were hairdryers in the rooms. I dare say you could hire but my kettle was free to hire with a whopping 23 euros deposit. With the kettle we could keep it for as long as we wanted it so presumabley its the same with the dryer. In the Cheyenne we didnt have hairdryers but it classed as a budget hotel and SL is a moderate with extras. If it were me id take my own but dont forget the travel plug as well! Theres always a spare socket or two around the room and one in the bathroom for the shaver - or in our case the game boys!!

There was a hair dryer in the bathroom at the DIsneyland Hotel. It wasn't terribly strong, so if you're used to a powerful hair dryer, it might be a disappointment.

There wasn't even a hairdryer in the Bridal Suite at the Sequoia Lodge - though with 2 beds, a dining table and 6 chairs, a sofa, a 40" TV and 10 windows overlooking Lake Disney I wasn't really that worried!

I think that after reading all of your messages, I'm going to take my own. :earsgirl: Thanks!

Bonnie,
Dw took her travel hairdryer and it overheated on use. It was our hairdryer though because everything else worke O.K. .
I rang the housekeeping number and had a free hairdryer up in 10 minutes.
kettle also is free ( book at concierge desk on arrival) but if you want tea and cofee they charge E6.00 for abasket containing Paper cups ,sugar tea ,coffee, hot chocolate 4 milk pots and stirers. We bought one and the cups lasted the whole stay. we topped up teabags from breakfast buffet.

Berwyn

Thanks for the tips, Berwyn! Very helpful! I may not be able to go five days without a cup of tea so we might have to get the basket, hehe!

I know , I live on the stuff.

They have tea at the breakfast buffet. The t bags are hiding in amongst the cereals counter and the hot water from the cofee machines. separate spout so you dont end up with coffee in your tea !

The milk is in the cold milk dispenser next to the cereals and you need to use the little bowls for the fruit salad to put it in.

If you need more milk for your room without buying a new t basket, they sell long life milk in cartons in the newsagents in the RER station foyer ( at the end nearest the parks) also water sandwiches and snacks cheaper than the park.
The New york Deli on Main Street on DLP has small 200ml cartons of fresh milk for E1.50 but you have to q for it with those wanting food, so avoid mealtimes

Berwyn

Sorry , you can keep the milk cool in the icebucket in the room, (Ice machines on each floor)

Berwyn

That's great, thanks Berwyn. I will have to start compiling a little notebook or I'll forget all of these tips!

make sure you get an early breakfast slot. When you book in they ask what time you want breakfast
Other people on here have said it gets busy after 8a.m. and it does.
We had 7.45 for the first3 days , we didn't want get up , but you can always go back after for a quick lie down.
We had * am on the last day and waited about 5 min. for a table and just after they were queueing right accross the foyer.

It's the same in the evening if you want to eat in restaurant make sure you book a table.
If you forget anything just send a PM
Berwyn

Bonnie

I had the same problem has BCT's DW. I took a hot brush, switched it on, turned my back ( big mistake ) for a minute and when I went to use it,it had melted !
icon8.gif

I always take my own travel kettle,hairdryer and iron ( only use the latter when I have no chose )
icon10.gif

Dw was lucky when we got home we found it still works OK on proper voltage.
It's like October here in Llandudno Dee , is it cold down south?
Berwyn

Afraid so Berwyn:umbrella: :cold:

:boat: Not beach weather for sure.

I'm not sure what it was like today, very blustery though. We have been indoors all day our DS was in a trampolining competition:Pinkbounc :jumping2:

Lucky you , I've been in and out all day with the washing (DW was in hairdresser having highlights) takes forever at least she looks very nice and didnt come out looking like :crazy:

It feels cold after 80 degrees in DLRP

Berwyn

Off now to watch Big Brother

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter