Hakuna Matata, A Baked Potato! -Oct '17 TR *Completed, New PTR Link*

Day 3, October 23, 2017 - China & Germany

Then it was on to China! I really enjoyed walking around here and checking out the Shanghai exhibit.

[

We also stopped at 2 PP photographers.

I really liked that the photographer took this next photo as it showcased the buttons I bought for my parents :)

We walked a little and stopped for a little break and my parents enjoyed a beer flight from one of the booths- I think Brewer's Collection?

We then reached Germany where we found another photographer!

And found another Remy!

Up next...The plans start to fall apart!

I got so far behind but I just caught up!

38814741414_3f8714fd4b_z.jpg

I never did find this! Maybe next time

This is such a cool magic shot! Of course I like anything from The Lion King.

After that, we headed on to the Tree of Life trails. It was a little hard to find the entrance to these! But once we did, it was sooo quiet and deserted. My mom had been wanting to do this and we really enjoyed getting to see the carvings up close!

The trails are so lovely and relaxing!

That one is hilarious! Love the yeti

I refreshed for a little bit and FPs for Flight of Passage opened up!!

Yesssss, such a fantastic feeling!

My dad is not the most Disney savvy and at some point he started saying "A Baked Potato" instead of "Hakuna Matata"

Dads :rotfl2:

Aww this is such a good shot of you two!

Love this! Even if I did find the show a little boring... haha

Great picture!

Baymax gives the best hugs!

Your bubblegum wall picture is great!

So cute! Happy (belated) anniversary to them!

Catching up quickly...

What a fun day you were having in Epcot! Garden Grill looked like so much fun. Love the food there and the characters are always super fun. I died @ "spending my future with Archie Andrews", but why you acting like that's a bad thing? I'd be down just for the night.

ANYWAYS, all your character pics at the Spot and with Joy & Sadness were super cute. Looks like you all had a good time with them.

I'd heard about the Remy magic shot but had yet to see it. It's so cute. If only they still had him to come to the tables in France *sigh*

Can't wait to read more about your Epcot day! :mickeyjum

Then it was on to China! I really enjoyed walking around here and checking out the Shanghai exhibit.
I do, too. It's such a beautiful pavilion and Disney really nailed the details here.

I really liked that the photographer took this next photo as it showcased the buttons I bought for my parents :)

Awww, the buttons are so sweet :goodvibes

Beautiful picture of you!

Wandering World Showcase might be my favorite thing ever :cloud9:

I've never seen that ice power and Pascal magic shot before! How cool!

Love the picture of your parents with their button. 35 years is worth commemorating with a PP picture.:goodvibes

Uh oh, I hope things didn't take a turn for the worse with the plans falling apart...

I got so far behind but I just caught up!

I never did find this! Maybe next time

This is such a cool magic shot! Of course I like anything from The Lion King.

The trails are so lovely and relaxing!

That one is hilarious! Love the yeti

Yesssss, such a fantastic feeling!

Dads :rotfl2:

Aww this is such a good shot of you two!

Love this! Even if I did find the show a little boring... haha

Great picture!

Baymax gives the best hugs!

Your bubblegum wall picture is great!

So cute! Happy (belated) anniversary to them!

Hopefully next trip you find that pesky wall! It's so hidden in Harambe Market!

I had seen that magic shot on the facebook page and was pumped to get it!

Our recent updates are very similar between visiting the Tree of Life trails, scoring bonus FoP FPs, AND meeting Baymax! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the compliments and the anniversary wishes!

Such cute pictures in China & Germany! Love the magic shots!! :)

Thank you!! :)

Your parents nailed this one! Your dad's face is the best in this picture!

I love the China Pavillion! Sounds like a nice visit to the west.

One of our better magic shots for sure!

It's such a pretty pavilion!!

Catching up quickly...

What a fun day you were having in Epcot! Garden Grill looked like so much fun. Love the food there and the characters are always super fun. I died @ "spending my future with Archie Andrews", but why you acting like that's a bad thing? I'd be down just for the night.

ANYWAYS, all your character pics at the Spot and with Joy & Sadness were super cute. Looks like you all had a good time with them.

I'd heard about the Remy magic shot but had yet to see it. It's so cute. If only they still had him to come to the tables in France *sigh*

Can't wait to read more about your Epcot day! :mickeyjum

Garden Grill was amazinggg, definitely want to go back!

Haha not a bad thing at all! Spending any time with Archie Andrews would be a fun time ;)

We had some awesome character interaction this morning!

I was dying to get the Remy shot so I'm glad we found someone who could do it as I think it was the only time we were able to get it. Would be so awesome if they still had him at the restaurant!

I do, too. It's such a beautiful pavilion and Disney really nailed the details here.

Awww, the buttons are so sweet :goodvibes

Beautiful picture of you!

Wandering World Showcase might be my favorite thing ever :cloud9:

Agree! I spent a lot more time in WS than usual this trip so I'm glad I was able to appreciate it a lot more!

Thank you! My mom definitely cried when I gave it to them that morning :goodvibes

Thanks! I think I'm extra smiley because she took one right before it where I wasn't paying attention and I had total RBF :rotfl:

I've never seen that ice power and Pascal magic shot before! How cool!

Love the picture of your parents with their button. 35 years is worth commemorating with a PP picture.:goodvibes

Uh oh, I hope things didn't take a turn for the worse with the plans falling apart...

Magic shots are some of my favorites and I like that they continue to come out with new ones!

Thank you! They definitely got some extra love by wearing those buttons which was nice!

Sigh you will find out soon :sad2:

Day 3, October 23, 2017 - The rain did bother me anyway!

This is when things started to go a little downhill for the day. It started to rain, so we ducked undercover in Germany hoping that it would pass. We were lucky enough to also find a bench to sit on. We sat there for quite a chunk of time (probably close to an hour) waiting for the rain to pass and it just wouldn't :( We have pretty bad luck with our Epcot days when it's the 3 of us. For some reason the weather always ends up being crappy. I was getting frustrated so we all donned our ponchos and soldiered on. We walked right past Italy and made it to the American Adventure. I seriously thought the Eat to the Beat theater was undercover but when we got there I discovered I was quite wrong. I would have loved to duck in to see Voices of Liberty but I didn't know when their next showtime was and I was a little flustered. We saw that a showing of the American Adventure film would be starting soon and out of desperation just went in there to get out of the rain.

Was it the best choice? Not one bit :rotfl:. But it gave us a place to be indoors with comfy chairs! When we got out, the rain died down a little. Mom caught the tail end of Kenny G's Eat to the Beat set. I felt bad because I know she wanted to see him.

We were able to find seating undercover in America, so we grabbed those while eating lobster rolls from Hops & Barley. These were so delicous! Mom & Dad also split one of the Hanson beers which I think they enjoyed.

When we finished, the rain seemed to die down to a drizzle so we ventured on.

At some point we stopped at the Ireland booth for the warm chocolate pudding- no photo but it was yum!

We also stopped for these PP pics which could have been taken anywhere in the world for all you know because it is so dark and you can barely see a thing :confused3

Luckily a little further ahead a CM offered to take a picture with our own camera and it came out really nice!

We got out of WS and I forgot to mention I had made a 4th FP for Test Track that was valid at 7pm. I was super pumped because I had not scheduled any FPs for it on either of our days. Well we walked all the way over there and it was down. Probably from all the on and off rain that was going.

And then, it started to POUR! We ducked into Mouse Gears for a bit. I tried to walk out with these guys but it did not happen.

We waited it out as long as we could but the rain wasn't dying down. We knew at this point getting on TT was not going to happen. So we decided to head out of the park.

I was bummed...our afternoon didn't go as well as planned and we were a little cranky. And to boot, we had to walk all the way to the bus stop in the absolute pouring rain. Luckily we had another Epcot day planned so all was not lost. I have that we made it back to the room a little before 9pm. It was a long day!

Up next...Hollywood Studios!

I'm sorry to hear your day at Epcot ended on a sour note. Boo to strangely long Florida downpours ugh :(

I love your pics around Morocco though, it's such a pretty pavilion. :goodvibes

OMG I NEED THAT SULLEY PLUSH THO, IT'S SO CUTE!!!!!

Joining! Looks like such a fun trip! Happy Anniversary to your parents!

We have a GG PPO ADR for April and I'm so excited! It looks like yummy food and great character interaction. We are planning on hitting Soarin' after breakfast as well. I would love to meet Joy and Sadness…where are they?

Bummer about the rain on your EPCOT day. We always go ready to throw on our ponchos, too. Sometimes it's even better because the crowds die down.

Can't wait to read more :-)

What a bummer. Of all the parks, I feel like Epcot is the most open so when it rains, you're stuck in it. What a shame you couldn't use that 4th FP for Test Track, that's hard to come by!

We sat there for quite a chunk of time (probably close to an hour) waiting for the rain to pass and it just wouldn't :(
Ugh! Rain at Disney is such a bummer :sad2:

Mom caught the tail end of Kenny G's Eat to the Beat set. I felt bad because I know she wanted to see him.
Glad she at least got a peak, but ugh!

At some point we stopped at the Ireland booth for the warm chocolate pudding- no photo but it was yum!
Yum! That sounds amazing - I love pudding, especially chocolate pudding, and warm!? Yes, please :thumbsup2

We got out of WS and I forgot to mention I had made a 4th FP for Test Track that was valid at 7pm. I was super pumped because I had not scheduled any FPs for it on either of our days. Well we walked all the way over there and it was down.
I was so excited when I first read this, but then... :faint:

We waited it out as long as we could but the rain wasn't dying down. We knew at this point getting on TT was not going to happen. So we decided to head out of the park.
What a bummer. I really hate it when the rain/weather really derails the plan :sad2: Hopefully your DHS day will make up for it! :thumbsup2

I’m all caught up now, it is definitely hard to navigate Epcot in the rain! Your pictures around the world are so nice. Sorry the rain didn’t let up and you couldn’t use your Test Track FP. That ride is a finicky one, down many times, rain or not!

I've never seen this before! So cute!

Love this! Your parents are such great sports with photopass pictures!

Lovely! I love these buttons. Where did you find them?

Up next...The plans start to fall apart!

Uh oh...

For some reason the weather always ends up being crappy.

Uggh, that's the worst.

And then, it started to POUR! We ducked into Mouse Gears for a bit. I tried to walk out with these guys but it did not happen.

These are adorable...

I was bummed...our afternoon didn't go as well as planned and we were a little cranky.

That's such a bummer about the rain! Hard not to let it sour your mood a little when it affects so much of your day. I know I sometimes do. But fortunate that you had another Epcot day coming up :)

I'm sorry to hear your day at Epcot ended on a sour note. Boo to strangely long Florida downpours ugh :(

I love your pics around Morocco though, it's such a pretty pavilion. :goodvibes

OMG I NEED THAT SULLEY PLUSH THO, IT'S SO CUTE!!!!!

Ugh what can you do! Was just frustrating.

Thank you! It's my mom's fave pavilion so she loves walking around there!

Right?!? This is the second trip I saw him, so hard not to buy him!

Yay! I do like Mmmhops!

I'm not a beer drinker so I took their word for it! :rotfl:

I hate that your day ended up being so rainy! What is it about Epcot??? :confused3

Joining! Looks like such a fun trip! Happy Anniversary to your parents!

We have a GG PPO ADR for April and I'm so excited! It looks like yummy food and great character interaction. We are planning on hitting Soarin' after breakfast as well. I would love to meet Joy and Sadness…where are they?

Bummer about the rain on your EPCOT day. We always go ready to throw on our ponchos, too. Sometimes it's even better because the crowds die down.

Can't wait to read more :-)

What a bummer. Of all the parks, I feel like Epcot is the most open so when it rains, you're stuck in it. What a shame you couldn't use that 4th FP for Test Track, that's hard to come by!

That is true, not many places to run and hide! I was so excited about that TT FP! But I can't complain considering my luck the day before with FoP and some other FP luck I'd get later in the trip!

Ugh! Rain at Disney is such a bummer :sad2:

Glad she at least got a peak, but ugh!

Yum! That sounds amazing - I love pudding, especially chocolate pudding, and warm!? Yes, please :thumbsup2

I was so excited when I first read this, but then... :faint:

What a bummer. I really hate it when the rain/weather really derails the plan :sad2: Hopefully your DHS day will make up for it! :thumbsup2

It really is! I mean I know it's better than being home, but it sure messes with plans!

I don't think she was TOO upset about missing him (and if she was she hid it well!).

That chocolate pudding is so simple but so tasty!

I was sad to miss out on Test Track, but not everything can be perfect I guess!

I’m all caught up now, it is definitely hard to navigate Epcot in the rain! Your pictures around the world are so nice. Sorry the rain didn’t let up and you couldn’t use your Test Track FP. That ride is a finicky one, down many times, rain or not!

We just seem to have bad luck at Epcot for some reason! And I agree, TT is very finicky!

Yuck, what an afternoon in EPCOT. Glad you have another day planned there!

I was so glad we had a second day planned, it really would have been a bummer if it was our only day!

I've never seen this before! So cute!

Love this! Your parents are such great sports with photopass pictures!

Lovely! I love these buttons. Where did you find them?

Uh oh...

Uggh, that's the worst.

These are adorable...

That's such a bummer about the rain! Hard not to let it sour your mood a little when it affects so much of your day. I know I sometimes do. But fortunate that you had another Epcot day coming up :)

The Shanghai exhibit is so fun to look at!

Haha they are, they totally just go with it!

The buttons were from Clubhouse Buttons!

The rain definitely put a damper on the day. You try to stay positive but sometimes it's hard not to end up a little cranky!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!