Hakuna Matata, A Baked Potato! -Oct '17 TR *Completed, New PTR Link*

Shame you missed Characterpalooza! I got a subscription to Character Locator with the purpose of trying to catch it on our last trip, and then I didn't even bother trying to fit it in in the end. It can definitely be finicky, and I know that as of late it can be at one of at least a couple different locations depending on what's going on that day.

Seems like you had a lot of other great moments this day though! Bellhop Stitch is adorable!! :lovestruc

We only just saw MuppetVision for the first time on our last trip, and it was cute!!

Love all the character pictures!! You have the cutest family!

Glad it was a good meet with Chewie and how funny that you got a Wookie scene!

Yay for an extra FP!

Animal is mine!

Too bad you weren't able to find a Character-palooza that morning.

I'm glad you were able to ride ToT in a small window where it was operating. And get a bonus FP! YAY!

More awesome Photopass pictures!

:goodvibes

He's great too! :thumbsup2

Characterpalooza just wasn't meant to be for us this trip!

ToT is one of my faves so I would have been very sad to miss out on it!

Thank you!

That stinks you weren't able to catch Characterpalooza. It's very finnicky and hard to catch especially since they like to move it around so they don't get that huge mob that happens when everyone knows when and where it is happening (since it's technically supposed to be a surprise).

I love all your PP photos! You all looked like you were having the best time with the photographers and magic shots. :goodvibes

It's definitely getting harder to catch these days!

Thank you!! We don't mess around when we have memory maker :rotfl2:

Ha! You can some over for a "play date" any time.

Did your parents change shirts?

Hahaha sounds like a plan ;)

They did! Good catch!!

We love Chewbacca, he is a great hugger! We have caught the character palooza a couple times there, it was fun! Sorry they didn’t have it that day. Your ToT pictures are fun! Nice to get the anytime FP for TSMM such a fun ride.

It was a great Chewbacca meet! I have been lucky to catch Characterpalooza a few time so I can't complain!

It was really nice getting a bonus FP, especially since we all have a great time on TSMM!

Great photo opp here!!! :thumbsup2

Every time I see your parents' shirts, I think more and more that I need one in my life, too :laughing:

Thank you!

Hahaha you definitely need that shirt! I believe they found them at Boscovs (department store) and I'd also seen it on Target's website at one point!

Shame you missed Characterpalooza! I got a subscription to Character Locator with the purpose of trying to catch it on our last trip, and then I didn't even bother trying to fit it in in the end. It can definitely be finicky, and I know that as of late it can be at one of at least a couple different locations depending on what's going on that day.

Seems like you had a lot of other great moments this day though! Bellhop Stitch is adorable!! :lovestruc

We only just saw MuppetVision for the first time on our last trip, and it was cute!!

Very finicky! Maybe you will catch it on one of your next trips!

We were having a perfect day, honestly!

I just love MuppetVision! It just screams "classic" to me and the muppets always make me laugh!

Love all the character pictures!! You have the cutest family!

Glad it was a good meet with Chewie and how funny that you got a Wookie scene!

Yay for an extra FP!

Aww that's so sweet, thank you!! :goodvibes

It was just a wookie filled day!

I was really glad I took the time to stop at Guest Services! It worked in our favor!

Day 4, October 24, 2017 - Minnie's Seasonal Dine

Then it was time to check in for Minnie's Seasonal Dine at Hollywood & Vine!

We waited a few minutes before being brought inside to meet Minnie!

I did manage to take one picture of my plate! There's seafood pasta, squid ink pasta, salad, pork, a bbq meatball and pretzel bread.The seafood pasta was sooo good as were the pretzel rolls! But mostly everything we had we enjoyed!

Then the characters started coming around. First up was Donald!

Then came Daisy with THE most sassiest character interaction I've ever had! She was absolutely in love with Dad's Donald shirt and couldn't stop fawning over it! Grabbing it, Kissing it, pointing at it, you name it!

[/url

https://flic.kr/p/22mURw4

And then when we thought the interaction was over, she just kept going! She noticed the back of his shirt and couldn't get over seeing Donald's behind! At one point she started smacking it!

It was so hilarious and definitely unexpected!!
:rotfl:

Up next...more dinner fun!

Daisy is so cute! I love that interaction! And Donald's outfit-awesome! Maybe if I ever get back there at Halloween time, I'll have to stop in there!

What a hilarious meet with Daisy!!!

I haven't dined there. We had reservations once, but didn't keep them because my son was not feeling well. Do they still have the Disney Junior characters there (sometimes) or is it different depending on the meal? They have Star Wars meals sometimes, too, right?

Your dad's expression in that first picture with Daisy is priceless. He's like, "Ooookay, this is a little more than I bargained for but I'll roll with it.":rotfl2:

Smart of you to stop by Guest Services to get the FP situation dealt with. Can't wait to hear how everyone did on TSMM.

Omg Daisy is so adorable. I always love meeting her! And I love all the Halloween outfits for the characters at the seasonal dine. Honestly kinda better than what they wear for MNSSHP tbh

What a sassy Daisy, so cute. We did this in October 16 and really loved it. The characters are just to adorable in their Halloween costumes.

Oh my gosh! those picture at Minnie's are absolutely adorable! Makes me want to try it in October, but I've heard terrible things about the food there. You don't think it was that bad?

Hahaha you definitely need that shirt! I believe they found them at Boscovs (department store) and I'd also seen it on Target's website at one point!
Thanks for the insider tip! :thumbsup2

She was absolutely in love with Dad's Donald shirt and couldn't stop fawning over it! Grabbing it, Kissing it, pointing at it, you name it!
:rotfl2:

This must have been so fun! I love it when the characters get really... in character :laughing:

Then came Daisy with THE most sassiest character interaction I've ever had! She was absolutely in love with Dad's Donald shirt and couldn't stop fawning over it! Grabbing it, Kissing it, pointing at it, you name it!

Hilarious! Your father looks like he isn't sure what to do.

24989590297_63179deec9_z.jpg
Yours and Daisy's face is awesome!

We then headed over to Sunset Boulevard. Our first stop was to see if Characterpalooza was happening. We waited (along with a bunch of other people), but it never happened :(

Boo, sorry you missed it - your family is so photogenic and seems to interact easily with the characters! But the Daisy interaction you had is WILD. This photo in particular is priceless (as others have said)!

You both look fab! I love Minnie's halloween getup and it goes so well with your ears!

Donald's costume though! And your parents are adorable.

She was absolutely in love with Dad's Donald shirt and couldn't stop fawning over it! Grabbing it, Kissing it, pointing at it, you name it!

Oh my gosh!! How hilarious!

She noticed the back of his shirt and couldn't get over seeing Donald's behind! At one point she started smacking it!

:eek::rotfl:

Daisy is so cute! I love that interaction! And Donald's outfit-awesome! Maybe if I ever get back there at Halloween time, I'll have to stop in there!

We had a fun time with the ducks! Both times I've been there I've had a good time- they do a different themed meal for each season which is cool!

What a hilarious meet with Daisy!!!

I haven't dined there. We had reservations once, but didn't keep them because my son was not feeling well. Do they still have the Disney Junior characters there (sometimes) or is it different depending on the meal? They have Star Wars meals sometimes, too, right?

Daisy was hysterical, it was totally unexpected!

I believe for breakfast it's still the Disney Junior characters and then lunch/dinner is the Fab 5 in costumes to match the current season!

Your dad's expression in that first picture with Daisy is priceless. He's like, "Ooookay, this is a little more than I bargained for but I'll roll with it.":rotfl2:

Smart of you to stop by Guest Services to get the FP situation dealt with. Can't wait to hear how everyone did on TSMM.

LOL you absolutely nailed it! I think he was a little taken back but just totally went with it! :rotfl:

I was really glad I thought to stop by Guest Services. Normally something I wouldn't do, but figured it wouldn't hurt!

Oh my goodness--those pictures with the characters in their Halloween costumes are the cutest!

Thanks! Their costumes really were amazing!

Omg Daisy is so adorable. I always love meeting her! And I love all the Halloween outfits for the characters at the seasonal dine. Honestly kinda better than what they wear for MNSSHP tbh

She's so underrated and awesome! And ugh totally agree about the outfits vs MNSSHP!!

What a sassy Daisy, so cute. We did this in October 16 and really loved it. The characters are just to adorable in their Halloween costumes.

She was super sassy! We really enjoyed our time here!

Oh my gosh! those picture at Minnie's are absolutely adorable! Makes me want to try it in October, but I've heard terrible things about the food there. You don't think it was that bad?

Honestly I had heard the same about the food, but both times I have been there I have really enjoyed it! This time especially, we all thought it was great!

Thanks for the insider tip! :thumbsup2

:rotfl2:

This must have been so fun! I love it when the characters get really... in character :laughing:

It was so much fun! We definitely weren't prepared for how interactive she was going to be!

Hilarious! Your father looks like he isn't sure what to do.

Yours and Daisy's face is awesome!

:rotfl2: He definitely didn't! He just went along with it! Meanwhile I was laughing my head off!

Boo, sorry you missed it - your family is so photogenic and seems to interact easily with the characters! But the Daisy interaction you had is WILD. This photo in particular is priceless (as others have said)!

Aww thanks, that's so sweet!

Wild is definitely the word to describe it! Daisy was just bringing all the sass to our table!

You both look fab! I love Minnie's halloween getup and it goes so well with your ears!

Donald's costume though! And your parents are adorable.

Oh my gosh!! How hilarious!

:eek::rotfl:

Thank you! Minnie's costume was definitely my fave! :lovestruc But they all looked adorable!

We couldn't get over how crazy Daisy was being! I wish I was recording it!

Day 4, October 24, 2017 - Minnie's Seasonal Dine Continued

Then came Mickey, who was much tamer!

And finally Goofy!

At some point we also grabbed desserts. They were so cute, I had to take pics of them!

And my plate! I tried to sample a little of each dessert but I was so full!

The cookie in the center in the white wrapping was salted caramel and was sooo good, probably my fave of the bunch.

Donald also stopped by our table again before we left!

This was another hit for all of us! I had done this meal when it was Christmas themed and really wanted to do it again for the Halloween outfits. I enjoyed the food last time but I felt it was even better this time around!

Up next...Our day isn't over yet!

Please forgive me, but I'm short on time and can't read through your entire, wonderful TR (great pictures on today's update though!). Did you actually find a baked potato somewhere?? I've been looking each trip without success...

Those desserts are so so cute! I need to get on this seasonal dine next time I'm in the world. It sounds like it really is becoming the new thing to do!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter