Half board questions

Oh this was a much-needed post! I'm also debating whether to go for the Free Half-Board deal since the 25% off hotel offer ends next week with it and I'm still unsure about what's worth it. My roommate and I are going to DLP for the very first time this May and as WDW vets that love signature dining it's hard hearing that table service/food in general at DLP might not be the greatest. OP, what did you end up booking?

I ended up booking it through the French site with no food plan/half board. We also booked the Santa Fe as it was about $88.90 cheaper then Cheyenne was on the French site (cheapest). The night i purchased it I re-priced a bunch of the different country sites and on almost all of them the Santa Fe had gone up a bit from when I first looked (a week or two prior) with the Cheyenne price still the same on all of them. The prices on the French site had not changed. The French site when converted to Euros was $424.49 cheaper then the next cheapest sites which were the Spain and German sites. This price difference of nearly $425 I believe was mainly due to us having a child under 12. But for us the money savings is greater then the morning buffet and a dinner over the course of our three nights. For the three of us at counter service meals and snacks we will come out a head and not spend close to $425 on food.

Currently Plaza Gardens and Agrabah Cafe, both very good. There is also a Tex Mex buffet at Billy Bob's in The Village and you can use the hotel buffets at either the Cheyenne or Santa Fe. Yes breakfast at your hotel would also be included. You can also use your voucher at face value towards other meals.

You may be able to answer this question for me . I have booked Sequoia Lodge in Oct - Golden Forest room so breakfast is included in the lounge. The meal plan is half board plus. Will we still get breakfast vouchers so we can go and eat in the park on EMH ? I know this used to be allowed years ago. Thanks for your help

Last edited:
No I don't think so. They don't seem to do the park breakfast vouchers any more and have gone back to breakfast at the hotels for the free meal plans. The perk isn't as great for club rooms. Depending on what time breakfast finishes you might be better to come back for breakfast after EMH's.

No I don't think so. They don't seem to do the park breakfast vouchers any more and have gone back to breakfast at the hotels for the free meal plans. The perk isn't as great for club rooms. Depending on what time breakfast finishes you might be better to come back for breakfast after EMH's.
Good idea! Thanks for the info.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts