Hall of Presidents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never heard about any booing of the last president-did you witness this first hand? I have been to HofP the last 4 years and never heard any booing. Hopefully the CM took care of the people booing.
I did as well. Both of the last two Presidents. There are bad actors on all sides. Neither speech was all that long, so I doubt the CMs are standing at the ready to say something or haul somebody out for being an obnoxious idiot.

Yes I did. They booed and then kind of laughed. They didn't continually boo so the CM didn't do anything.

You can always count on there being a certain number of troublemakers.
My wife and I love HoP so we go a few times each trip. We have heard GWB and Obama booed several times. I do not recall having heard Clinton booed, but I bet that it happened. You can bet that Trump will be booed.

The first time I ever heard a president being booed was when Nixon was announced (am I showing my age here?) and back then, the only speaking part was Lincoln. Have also heard our previous president booed.

Some history would be good for many people that seem to not understand or have any knowledge of our history. The HofP should not be political based on the whims of Iger. Half of the country voted for our current president and half voted against him. Why would that be a reason to eliminate his speaking? He deserves the same respect as all other presidents the people elected.
Ummmm, I'd love to refute your post with facts, but I'm afraid it would get me in trouble.

This thread is getting more and more political. It would be a shame to get this shut down imo.

I've heard that as well.

Trying not to be political here: considering the very real possibility that the current POTUS' term might not last beyond the end of the year, Disney would be wise to hold off on investing much time, money, and effort into a speaking Trump robotic, only to have to do it all over again for a Pence robotic. I think they're wise to sit on this for a while, until this whole thing shakes out.
That is about the most ridiculous thing I have read here.

The goal isn't to have these threads closed. Hall of presidents is an attraction at WDW and deserves to be discussed but some people go too much involved in the politics rather than the attraction itself.

I totally agree with you, but just like the last thread, despite repeated attempts to stray from political commentary, some can't hold back from talking about it. I enjoy reading about things Disney, parks, attractions, etc. I can watch CNN and Fox News for politics.

Following this thread. I'm really looking forward to seeing Trump in the Hall of Presidents! I was disappointed he wasn't there when we went during Memorial Day week, and am hopeful the attraction will be open and complete when we return in December.

I am just curious how immature and childish does someone have to be to boo a robotic figure? I have seen and heard it in this attraction and just shook my head. Would love to say something but I assume people that do that are just looking for attention anyway.

I am just curious how immature and childish does someone have to be to boo a robotic figure? I have seen and heard it in this attraction and just shook my head. Would love to say something but I assume people that do that are just looking for attention anyway.

Especially as no one is forced to go into the attraction. I get feeling like seeing and hearing a political figure you disagree with could upset you but you would have to actively choose to go into the attraction meaning you wanted to go there to boo

Personally I say if you can't not boo, then don't go on

Especially as no one is forced to go into the attraction. I get feeling like seeing and hearing a political figure you disagree with could upset you but you would have to actively choose to go into the attraction meaning you wanted to go there to boo

Personally I say if you can't not boo, then don't go on
I love heckling James Buchanan though

Sorry to go off - topic here, lol, but is there an opening date?

I forgot it was closed and it was Holy Hanna hot at MK two weeks ago. I don't care who speaks as long as they crank the AC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!