Hall of Presidents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to go off - topic here, lol, but is there an opening date?

I forgot it was closed and it was Holy Hanna hot at MK two weeks ago. I don't care who speaks as long as they crank the AC.

They haven't changed the opening date officially as far as we know. 6/30 is the targeted date.

I will be at WDW when this attraction opens backs up and I probably will not choose to see it because it will most likely be overly crowded and I know I can just practically walk right in the next time I vacation at WDW. I will however see the Muppets outdoor show.

I will be at WDW when this attraction opens backs up and I probably will not choose to see it because it will most likely be overly crowded and I know I can just practically walk right in the next time I vacation at WDW. I will however see the Muppets outdoor show.

I'm not sure I've ever seen the Hall of Presidents overcrowded. Granted I haven't been there at a reopening, but it's always been a good long AC break when we've gone in the summer. In the winter we have mostly skipped it as I enjoy Country Bears more and my kids are more inclined to sit through one than both... Funny how I struggle to get them in the Tiki Room at all...

I'm not sure I've ever seen the Hall of Presidents overcrowded. Granted I haven't been there at a reopening, but it's always been a good long AC break when we've gone in the summer. In the winter we have mostly skipped it as I enjoy Country Bears more and my kids are more inclined to sit through one than both... Funny how I struggle to get them in the Tiki Room at all...
I think with the reopening and the whole Trump thing it is going to attract a crowd at first that will wear off quickly. I also enjoy the Country Bears more for a relaxation break. I can't even remember the last time I was in the Tiki Room.

I think with the reopening and the whole Trump thing it is going to attract a crowd at first that will wear off quickly. I also enjoy the Country Bears more for a relaxation break. I can't even remember the last time I was in the Tiki Room.
Ha. My dad loved the Tiki Room when I was a kid and I always thought it was boring. Then they ruined it with Iago in my early adulthood and he stopped going in. When most of the classic show returned I was surprised by how much it fascinated me. The animatronics are incredible and when you think how they were originally made and run it makes me appreciate the genius of those early Imagineers. I still can't say the show is really all that good, but I enjoy pondering the magic. When we went in Dec. I dragged my 7 year old daughter in to see it. Her reaction probably mirrored mine at that age and she swears she will never go in again. With rumors floated in the not so distance past that it may be on the way out, I'm glad we made the short stop to see it. We skipped The Great Movie Ride because the kids were getting tired and now it's unlikely I will ever get a chance to go on it again. These things happen, but that makes me sad.

Ha. My dad loved the Tiki Room when I was a kid and I always thought it was boring. Then they ruined it with Iago in my early adulthood and he stopped going in. When most of the classic show returned I was surprised by how much it fascinated me. The animatronics are incredible and when you think how they were originally made and run it makes me appreciate the genius of those early Imagineers. I still can't say the show is really all that good, but I enjoy pondering the magic. When we went in Dec. I dragged my 7 year old daughter in to see it. Her reaction probably mirrored mine at that age and she swears she will never go in again. With rumors floated in the not so distance past that it may be on the way out, I'm glad we made the short stop to see it. We skipped The Great Movie Ride because the kids were getting tired and now it's unlikely I will ever get a chance to go on it again. These things happen, but that makes me sad.
I know exactly what you mean about attraction being replaced and you missing them. I will definitely be going on the Great Movie Ride this next trip for that exact reason.

Well, I guess there is discussion about replacing it again anyway.

It's certainly one of those attractions that seems much better in the original pavilion at DL despite being the same show (especially since you can take your Dole Whips in to eat while watching).

I do miss the Barker Bird though, as I do for the Pirates Barker Bird. Maybe that's the role for any current or future President.

Last edited:
It's certainly one of those attractions that seems much better in the original pavilion at DL despite being the same show (especially since you can take your Dole Whips in to eat while watching).

Disney World did do one thing better with the Tiki Room - they put backs on all the seats/benches.

Oh lordy, it's news!

Internal documents stated that the show would re-open in late June 2017, but are now simply stating “Summer 2017”. Cast members standing outside of the closed attraction are also telling guests that it will not reopen prior to July 4th.​

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/06/disney-world-postponing-hall-presidents-reopening-july-4th/

With this being so controversial and with Depp this past week with his statement, I would bet Disney is taking extra extra precautions with this one.

They are probably speaking to their legal teams, and their PR departments. Wanting to get everything squared away as possible before they re-open this attraction.

They really are in a no win situation so they are probably trying as hard as they could.

I hope they sort this out.
As a non American, I find it really interesting, and actually do find it educational.
I do not envy Disney, or USA generally, currently trying to work their way through all that is currently going on (for balance, I am pretty distraught with what's going on in my own country right now)
I hope that they can work it out so that nothing is lost, and my children and I can see it, and learn a bit more, and appreciate what an admirable vision the USA started with, and the hope for moving forward.
I think it is important that not all rides and attractions are headliners. We love the, and the carousel of progress, People mover, and the things that have a nostalgic flavour to them. We love some of the headliners too. I think there must be room for both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter