Halloween at DLP

diberry

DIS Veteran
Just got back yesterday after 4 days at DLP. We had a FANTASTIC time. The Halloween festivities are superb, the weather and hotel (Santa Fe) were good - in fact absolutely great all round. We didn't come across one single unfriendly/unhelpful Cast Memeber -couldn't fault them at all. What a great week. Will probably write a trip report, or at least some tips, in a day or two. Just wanted to share the good news!!

That's great news and whets our appetite for even more. Can't wait for your fuller trip report.

Just a week and a half to go. :Pinkbounc

Glad you had a great trip. I couldn't fault anything when i went in the summer. Can't wait to hear all about it.

Just adding a bit to my Mum's comments above about our trip. (Hopefully I'll leave her with something to say!) The Halloween decorations really are great - as well as all the pumpkins and models everywhere, there are lots of pumpkin characters to meet - a pumpkin doctor, postman, policeman etc who really like to have fun with the guests, dancing with you and messing about. They also like to stand next to the models of pumpkin men and pretend to be models too, which surprises unsuspecting people!!

I've read a lot of opinions about the Santa Fe on the board. We stayed at the Cheyenne last time, which was great, but we don't spend any time in the hotel except sleeping (we don't even eat there) so we decided this time we might as well go for the cheapest option (but still wanted to stay within Disney). Our room was lovely and clean and well themed, as was the reception and rest of the hotel. The only part that's not so nice and "Disney" is the outside which is all brown. It's not as nice to look at as the Cheyenne, but if you spend as little time there as we do, then it's everything you need and you still get the Disney perks like the shopping service and buses that you get in the other Disney hotels. Plus we had a room near the reception which was very handy!

For anyone going in October, the weather was pretty good. We had one evening of rain but the rest of the time was dry and we actually had quite a lot of sun. However, out of the sun it was pretty cold and we needed jackets most of the time.

I'd definitely recommend anyone going during Halloween (or any time for that matter!)

Glad to hear you had a great time & you liked Santa Fe

Our eldest DS & his GF have been over there since Thurs. This is his 18th pressie instead of a party. his GF celebrated her 18th at DLP on Fri.

They are expected home tonight I'm sure they enjoyed i cant wait to hear all about it.

we wnet last halloween and thought everything about it was FAB!!! would def recommend it to anyone.

Verity.xxx

This will make you laugh!!!!!!......... my 60th birthday will be in the same year as WDW's 50th anniversary.....guess where I'll be celebrating!!!!!!LOL

Also, before we had our children, my DH and I spent a day in Cairo visiting the pyramids and he always promised me a Nile cruise for our silver wedding anniversary......now unless the Middle East situation sorts itself out we won't be going:( but perhaps a cruise on the Disney Magic or Wonder would soften the blow a little!!!:)LOL
By the way, it was only our 16th anniversary this year, so only 9 years to go......LOL

Let's face it, I just like planning!!!!!!!!!!

Elaine

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter