Halloween attractions that aren’t too gory?

rachaeld

Mouseketeer
We are our Disney vacation for next October, and we would like to find a Halloween attraction that is a bit more exciting than mickeys Halloween party but not all the gore of Knotts Scary Farm or Halloween horror nights at Universal.

Will be traveling with 13 and 14 year old daughters and husband.

Any suggestions?

Unfortunately there really isn't a middle ground when it comes to Halloween events in SoCal. Its either kid friendly or aimed at teens and adults.

I would suggest going to Knotts Scary Farm. You could avoid gore by not going into the mazes and just walking around and enjoying the shows, rides and the scare zones.

I agree there's not really much middle ground as far as theme park parties. DL, Legoland and Sea World are very much aimed at young children (treat trails, costume contests, etc.) and Knotts Scary Farm and HHN are very horror/gore/jump scare focused. Whether you will enjoy those depends on your daughters' comfort level with that type of things. I won't got to either because I hate horror movies and being scared (startled) by the scareactors.

Do you have an idea of your travel dates? Keep watching the websites for Disney's El Capitan Theater (Disney's restored movie house in Hollywood). Every October, the El Cap shows "Hocus Pocus" and "The Nightmare Before Christmas" (in 4D!). Those are super fun Halloween events -- very Disney, lots of fans, people can dress up, not gory at all. Also, check the website for the Hollywood Bowl. For the past few years, the Bowl has had NBC live in concert with the actors who did the voices (Danny Elfman!) and a live orchestra. There is a costume contest (winners are always superb!), lots of people dress up, great vibe, not gory or creepy, very fun event. This year's concert/movie is this weekend. Eventbrite.com has listings of Halloween things to do in L.A. that range from mild to creepy. That might give you an idea of options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter