Halloween Horror Nights 2017?

Is it possible to buy tickets now then the Express passes when they become avalaible ?

I need to buy a day ticket as well as a HHN evening ticket and feel like in the past you've been able to get a discounted HHN rate when buying with a day ticket...
Does this option not exist anymore? I can't see it?

I need to buy a day ticket as well as a HHN evening ticket and feel like in the past you've been able to get a discounted HHN rate when buying with a day ticket...
Does this option not exist anymore? I can't see it?
Yes....that still exists but probably not until closer to the event. You have to have your park ticket first and then you can buy the discounted HHN ticket the day you are going...if you want.

I might hang fire then until that becomes available and book my day ticket and HHN add on together.
Wonder if it's worth booking my Express now though, as they're probably the most likely thing to sell out, right? Sun 29th Oct is the date I'm after...

Wonder if it's worth booking my Express now though, as they're probably the most likely thing to sell out, right? Sun 29th Oct is the date I'm after...
I seriously doubt they would sell out of EPs that night but if you are concerned go ahead and do it when you can.

Might just wait it out altogether then - any memory of when the add on option usually becomes available?

Over the past years I have attended hhn,rare for ep to sell out

Saturday can be a sell out night for the ep

i'm looking for some advice. my mom and i are planning on getting over from disney to universal on thursday, october 19th to visit volcano bay during the day and then do HHN that night. our VB tickets would be $67 each, and then HHN tickets would be $64 each, plus express passes @ $109 each. this means we'd be paying more than $500 (plus uber costs) for one day at universal. we're also canadian, which means with the exchange we'd be paying a LOT more. the only house i really care about is the shining -- i'd like to do the others of course, but i don't know if i can justify the cost. is there any way we could get away with not getting the express pass on a thursday? has anyone tried thursday nights successfully without EP? would we get to do any houses? or should i just suck it up and fork over our $700 CDN :(

The Shining is a headliner, and the lines for it will get long quickly. One option would be to get in HHN as soon as you can and go straight to The Shining. Make sure you get to go through it. Then just follow the path around going to houses until you're ready to go home. I'd get the EP, though. With the EP, you should be able to go through all houses, see both shows, check out the scare zone, and ride a few rides.

The Shining is a headliner, and the lines for it will get long quickly. One option would be to get in HHN as soon as you can and go straight to The Shining. Make sure you get to go through it. Then just follow the path around going to houses until you're ready to go home. I'd get the EP, though. With the EP, you should be able to go through all houses, see both shows, check out the scare zone, and ride a few rides.
Agreed...The Shining and AHS will have scary long lines and if AHS is in the same place as before the lines will be long all night.

thanks for the input, imprint and metro west. i'm leaning towards just getting the EP so we don't end up disappointed. since EPs don't typically sell out well in advance, maybe we'll just wait on those to at least space out the costs.

can anyone recall when we knew the full line-up of houses last year (like, around what date)? i've tried googling it, but it's hard to sort through the myriad of HHN announcements.

can anyone recall when we knew the full line-up of houses last year (like, around what date)? i've tried googling it, but it's hard to sort through the myriad of HHN announcements.
I don't remember...by early August I'm sure. They used to release nuggets throughout the summer but wouldn't reveal everything until late summer. Those were the good old days!

thanks for the input, imprint and metro west. i'm leaning towards just getting the EP so we don't end up disappointed. since EPs don't typically sell out well in advance, maybe we'll just wait on those to at least space out the costs.

I really think that's the best option. You're absolutely right that the HHN EP prices result in a huge sticker shock, but the event is much more enjoyable when you don't spend all night in long lines. Also remember that the EP includes express rides (1 time per ride per night).

Yes....that still exists but probably not until closer to the event. You have to have your park ticket first and then you can buy the discounted HHN ticket the day you are going...if you want.
I sent a message via the Facebook site to see if they could tell me when add on tickets might be available, but I've had no response at all and it's been a few days - despite Facebook telling me they typically respond instantly! :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts